Cornwall Football Forum

This Weekends Cornwall Senior Cup Games

Please note, Torpoint Athletic v Godolphin Atlantic in the Senior Cup is a 2.30pm Kick Off not 1.30pm as advertised in the local press, as Torpoint have Floodlights!!!!

reckon you may need them windmill, this has cup upset written all over it,

surprise win for torpoint 2-1 :D

Got to be honest big thanks got to go to Torpoint keeper because he got them threw. Its true when you say if you dont score goals then you dont win games and thats true today. But great for the Torpoint gang, great people incharge and involved in a great club.

Bit unfair to.the falmouth lads.and bit unfair to players playing in trewlawny 5.there heads are probably down enough without people having pot shots at them!

Have to agree with you hayle 57, I go to all of the Falmouth games & I did not know most of the Players, on Radio Cornwall one of the Town Managers said that they had 12 players out most wer cup tied,

but although Falmouth must have known that they were in for a beating they never gave up & all of them gave their best for Town, & with a spirit like that in the end Town will prevail, & pull through these difficult times,

Hammers :c::) :c:

From the West Briton website

Falmouth: J Chapman, J Greet, B Bryant, J Webb, D Friend, S Retchford, D Richardson, R Vincent, T Dunstan, S Winnan, K Turner.

Bodmin: K Miller, L Doel, H Morgan, T Chambers, S Simmonds, O Brokenshire (L Doddridge 54), S Colwell, N Slateford, G Hobbs (A Carter 58), C Luxton (L Hodge 68), S Matthews. Sub (not used): L Reed.

Also does anyone know the correct Penryn V Porthleven score. West Briton says 2-0 but I know it was 1-1 with about 10 mins to go so would be surprised if it ended up up 2-85 as per CCFA website!!!!

:c: :c:

Bit unfair to.the falmouth lads.and bit unfair to players playing in trewlawny 5.there heads are probably down enough without people having pot shots at them!

Have to agree with you hayle 57, I go to all of the Falmouth games & I did not know most of the Players, on Radio Cornwall one of the Town Managers said that they had 12 players out most wer cup tied,

but although Falmouth must have known that they were in for a beating they never gave up & all of them gave their best for Town, & with a spirit like that in the end Town will prevail, & pull through these difficult times,

Hammers :c::):c:

I would like to thank all of the eleven players who played for Falmouth Town AFC against Bodmin yesterday at Bickland Park. They played with great spirit knowing that Bodmin were always going to be very hard to contain and hold. Les and Robbie have worked very hard in difficult times at Town to rebuild the squads after a second exodus of players from the Combination side (which the club didn't deserve,but that's life!) giving us very few options at either level.

There are a good number of players who were unavailable for the Cup game and combo match due to injury, being cup tied, suspension and work commitments but that will all change next weekend when we return to CSWPL action and release players back to the seconds. With Glen Squires, Brinton Nute, Tom Whipp, Ed Timmins and a couple of new signings in the frame for next weekend, together with Ross Pope, Rob Wearne and Matt Drummond nearing fitness before Christmas the future is bright at FTAFC!! Thanks also to the 100 or so people who came to the game on a chilly afternoon and also to our new match day volunteers.

The fact we were able to field a full eleven yesterday in both fixtures was due to a herculean effort between Les Gilbert and Dave Rawlings (our 2nd team Captain) who worked miracles in juggling players. a huge thank you to you both. I firmly believe that we will get it right both on and off the field continuing with training at Penryn on wednesday (8-00 til 9-30pm),at St Austell away next saturday in the CSWPL and The Combo at home to Wendron it promises to be a great week's football at Town! Can't wait!!

Finally, congratulations to Darren Gilbert and his Bodmin side who were superb yesterday and paid us much respect at the end of the game. Good luck in the next round and the FA Vase next weekend!

Steve Kimberley

Head of Football

Falmouth Town AFC

B) :thumbsup:

Hammers :c::):c:

I would like to thank all of the eleven players who played for Falmouth Town AFC against Bodmin yesterday at Bickland Park. They played with great spirit knowing that Bodmin were always going to be very hard to contain and hold. Les and Robbie have worked very hard in difficult times at Town to rebuild the squads after a second exodus of players from the Combination side (which the club didn't deserve,but that's life!) giving us very few options at either level.

There are a good number of players who were unavailable for the Cup game and combo match due to injury, being cup tied, suspension and work commitments but that will all change next weekend when we return to CSWPL action and release players back to the seconds. With Glen Squires, Brinton Nute, Tom Whipp, Ed Timmins and a couple of new signings in the frame for next weekend, together with Ross Pope, Rob Wearne and Matt Drummond nearing fitness before Christmas the future is bright at FTAFC!! Thanks also to the 100 or so people who came to the game on a chilly afternoon and also to our new match day volunteers.

The fact we were able to field a full eleven yesterday in both fixtures was due to a herculean effort between Les Gilbert and Dave Rawlings (our 2nd team Captain) who worked miracles in juggling players. a huge thank you to you both. I firmly believe that we will get it right both on and off the field continuing with training at Penryn on wednesday (8-00 til 9-30pm),at St Austell away next saturday in the CSWPL and The Combo at home to Wendron it promises to be a great week's football at Town! Can't wait!!

Finally, congratulations to Darren Gilbert and his Bodmin side who were superb yesterday and paid us much respect at the end of the game. Good luck in the next round and the FA Vase next weekend!

Steve Kimberley

Head of Football

Falmouth Town AFC

B):thumbsup:

i spoke to ed timmins today and hes staying at hayle for the rest of the season

Torpoint 2 - 1 Godolphin

A cracking cup tie played between 2 teams who played their football on the deck. We were massively disappointed to go out of the competition as we felt we were the better side for much of the match, but fair play and well done to Torpoint for getting the all important goal in the 120th minute.

There were a lot of really friendly officials and supporters at Torpoint yesterday (mostly old boys|) who made us feel very welcome at their club all afternoon. Thanks for the excellent hospitality guys and Good luck for the rest of the season from all at Godolphin.

PS Who is their number 11 playing on the right flank. We were mightily relieved to see him substituted due to injury, he looked was dangerous every time he got on the ball.

what was the falmouth line up today? didnt know many of them?

I'm a little late with this but;

1. James Chapman

2. James Greet

3. Bobby Bryant

4. Jaime Webb

5. Darren Friend

6. Steve Retchford

7. Dan Richardson

8. Rob Vincent

9. Tom Dunstan

10. Steve Winnan

11. Karl Turner

What I know off the top of my head, from the past few weeks, is Mark Vercesi has joined Newquay, Luke Wort has joined Illogan RBL, Bradley Wills & Lewis Caspellhave joined Penzance, Matt Laity & Dan Magee have joined Hayle, James Devine has joined St Dennis, Jason Roberts has joined Penryn, Wayne Quinn has joined Exmouth Town, Andy Westgarth is taking a break following the birth of his second child, Rob Wearne is recovering from his injury, Glen Squires might well have been suspended after his sending off against Cully Rangers while some of the players that played last month, I think possibly only against Tavistock, were only on loan from Probus.

Why would Quinny leave through the side door?

Les Gilbert made it quite clear in the West Briton dated Nov 8th and I quote "It is a shame that they have decided to move on but thats their choice,I,m certainly not going to stand in their way.He also says that close to a dozen 7 day approaches have been made and that he hopes to have some new faces before Saturdays match with Cullumpton???????