Cornwall Football Forum

This Weekends Cornwall Senior Cup Games

well my opinion is, for what its worth, That if there as ever being a time when you should throw money at your team it,s "now" main objective to stay in premier pennisula for next season. give your new management team a pre-season to assemble a competitive team capable of sustaining premier status.You cannot judge your new managers on recent performances as you have players who are not of the correct standard to play at this level and it is almost impossible to pull players mid-season with no "Carrots".Last but definately not least get a neutral person with a vast knowledge of local football to lead your ambitions.

With respect I disagree with your last post "Deadcert" The Reason Falmouth are in this situation is because we have been throwing money that in hindsight we could not afford, at players for years now under various managers and have not won anything since a Charity Cup win the early Noughties, Last league champions in late 90s. In the meantime the ground has been under-financed and is now in need of a major face-lift. I say lets have a period of stability at the club. Accept we are not going to win anything any time soon (no different from when we threw money around anyway) and try to bulld a young mainly local team with a bit more team spirit and loyalty. (If this is possible in this league) If we go down then so be it. The crowds would be no worse and it would be a chance to try out young players at a lower level.

With respect to your post to town man, it was my opinion,. as i would still like to see the town play at the highest level. However as a club you have just lost two of the best managers that could fulfil your ambitions to build from the local youth talent.And although I am not certain, it does seem that no-one tried to deter these people from leaving. is it a case of too little too late as so many of towns previous managers were under the impression that your reserves were not good enough to make the step up to the 1st team even though as you said they have failed to win anything in recent seasons. Over the last month your new managers failed to bring in the number of new players that were required to replace those that had left, as i put in my last post this is through no fault of their own.Also Someone actually posted that your reserves won the league at cost, I,m sure that your chairman should not have allowed a manager to overspend on a player (who incidently cost the club their place in the senior cup) to travel a great distance at even more cost,if he thought that a reserve player could do a job.

In all honesty having a trelawny div 5 side is not going to help your youth to progress within the club, Youth of today need to play at senior level to have a chance on county selection, therfore any decent young players that come up from your youth won,t want trelawney league they will be looking for a decent combo side, if you can,t offer them that other local clubs will and they will be off,a decent combo side will contain the players you need to support your pennisula side and also offer your youth a level they can be proud to play at.

Deadcert, with all due respect you dont have a clue do you? The two managers you talk about had every opportunity to be part of Falmouths plans in bringing youth through. They chose to settle for a safe side that might have won the title again, one of them claiming the youngsters were not interested. I can assure you that next seasonn the local youngsters will be the focus of Falmouth and we will rebuild. I also think the SWPL side are safe in staying in that league. Throwing money at big names is no longer what Falmouth are about. To even suggest doing it is utterly ridiculous

I am slightly confused at Suzie Chow's claim that Falmouth now intend to build with the youth and locals and refuse to spend any money in the new regime. If this is so, can you please explain the move to bring Brinton Nute straight in to the 1st team when he returns from the States for Christmas only?

Whilst Brinton carries a good reputation he will no doubt carry a cost and travels from Plymouth also. Not to mention the fact it doesnt exactly send signals to the "local players" that a fair chance is at last available to play for their local club now.

So mixed signals for me on the outside looking in and no doubt for the "local players" too.

The Ethos and balance at the Club is immensely important and everyone involved is aiming to get that right. This season is about survival. We have had local lads who have come up through the ranks and they have despite their obvious talent and ability been disregarded. They have therefore gone to otherlocal clubs to play. They know who they are and they also know their hearts lie at Falmouth Town. Now is not the time to disrupt that. It will not take much convincing pre season that Falmouth have the balance right and we will see the Combination side and Trelawney side managed by the right people who want to build the cllub on a solid foundation and nurture the lads up through the ranks. At no point have I said there is NO money. The club has been stabilised over the last six months by the hard work and determination of a handful of people but I can tell you that the big spending days are a thing of the past.

Regarding Brinton Nute - Brinton is part of the family and he and his father both played for the Combo on Saturday! He holds a special place in the hearts of the Falmouth faithful. He has played for us many times and offered to help us out whilst he is home. He is a genuine honest guy who has offered to help his former club. Contrary to your post, the local lads will only be inspired by watching Brinton on the pitch. He is only back for a short time before he weds his bride to be and then he will return to the USA.

suzie chow you keep changing the goal posts one minuite you say you want local players what was your combo team last year. all combo players were local players within 10 miles of the club.also they won the double with no money,so surely you had some of the best local players..so paul and roy was good for the club for bringing in local players and i have not seen on the forum someone from your club saying well done to paul and roy for what they done for the club and wish them all the best for the future.if this was done maybe when the right people are running the club you might of talked them back to the club. and who better for bringing in top local players.at least i think the club should of tried because the club kept on taking carey back everytime he resigned.by the way i have watched falmouth town most of my life .lets see if rob and les put in as much effort as these 2 did .if rob and les are there as long as paul was at the club i will take this all back lets wait and see .

Is this the end of Falmouth Town ?

Definately something going on down there. Mind - I don't think their the only ones in the doggy doo.

Their debt must be crippling, paying the price for previous encumbents.

Like all clubs I suppose, small crowds, no-one in the clubhouse, falling income.

Creditors always want their money, as do councils, power companies, water etc. The cost of running football clubs has become increasingly difficult. Combine that with supermarkets virtually giving beer away and it can only get worse.

Mondays meeting will let the cat out of the bag.

Definately something going on down there. Mind - I don't think their the only ones in the doggy doo.

Like all clubs I suppose, small crowds, no-one in the clubhouse, falling income.

Creditors always want their money, as do councils, power companies, water etc. The cost of running football clubs has become increasingly difficult. Combine that with supermarkets virtually giving beer away and it can only get worse.

Maybe the banks want their money back....

Banks ALWAYS want their money back, power companies ALWAYS want their money, councils ALWAYS want their money and so on.

Banks ALWAYS want their money back, power companies ALWAYS want their money, councils ALWAYS want their money and so on.

Shareholders? :ninja:

Shareholders? :ninja:

Don't think so, but a possibility. Now a limited company so assets protected I would think.

Silence is golden - makes a change.

Uncle Les, give us a smile when your in the West Briton again, you look too serious and thats not you - crack a joke if you can - you know plenty. Best of luck to you.

Suzie you said in your last post that the club has "stabalized" over the last 6 months???? From what i can see you lost Alan Carey maybe he did,nt want to come back another time? You lost two of the best local managers? Without even trying to persuade them to stay? you have installed two new 1st team mangers who are going to struggle like mad mid season, praying that they can last to pull for next year? No players want to come as you have limited funds? Nothing has changed off the pitch other than you are now a ltd company and you call that stabalized!!!!!!!