Cornwall Football Forum

Wendron United v St Blazey Senior Cup

Wendron United welcome St Blazey to the Underlane tomorrow for their Senior Cup tie. Last time the two sides met was in Wendron United's first ever Senior Cup match, and 14 years later we welcome them back.

Should be a great day for the club, a massive game and a new era for Wendron United as it is Paul Murray's first game in charge.

Match programme is a good one this week, with interview with the new manager and a feature on the past faces of our last meeting 14 years ago. Some interesting stuff... Available for only 50p.

Bar open before, during, and after the game serving hot and cold beverages and food. Sky Sports on too if you need to keep up to date with the slightly less important games going on.

We look forward to welcoming officials, fans and players of St Blazey FC; and anyone else who fancies coming up to the Dron to see their biggest game in years.

1.30 pm KO, must be decided on the day.

Thanks

Wendron United welcome St Blazey to the Underlane tomorrow for their Senior Cup tie. Last time the two sides met was in Wendron United's first ever Senior Cup match, and 14 years later we welcome them back.

Should be a great day for the club, a massive game and a new era for Wendron United as it is Paul Murray's first game in charge.

Match programme is a good one this week, with interview with the new manager and a feature on the past faces of our last meeting 14 years ago. Some interesting stuff... Available for only 50p.

Bar open before, during, and after the game serving hot and cold beverages and food. Sky Sports on too if you need to keep up to date with the slightly less important games going on.

We look forward to welcoming officials, fans and players of St Blazey FC; and anyone else who fancies coming up to the Dron to see their biggest game in years.

1.30 pm KO, must be decided on the day.

Thanks

Good luck tomorrow, hope you have an enjoyable day and the weather is fine.

Wendron 1v4 St Blazey.

Good solid performance from St Blazey. Wendron just didnt have the edge of underdogs at all and the small support they had hardly encouraged anything more. First time ive been to Wendron. Great pitch and general set up. What a pity the locals didnt come out to support them.

Coombes with another hatrick and Broomfield made it a comfortable afternoon. It could have been double that.

Good preperation going into next weeks vase game with Bitton. Apparently the Blaize Park pitch is already dry. A bit of work during the week and with no further down pours and we will be ready for a big Fa Vase match.

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, December 2, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, December 2, 2012 - No reason given

To be fair "Paul" you seen where Wendron is? Surrounded by fields and farms so if u wanted the local farmer giles and his cows to come along they could probably do you a favour and piss and shit all over those disgusting flags you brought along at this level that is dreadful! And a team full of cocky and arrogant players who just tried showing off the whole team were quickly shut up when our captain lobbed the keeper from the half way line and all 4 goals came from stupid mistakes. So pipe down and hope to not be seeing u soon u stupid moron

:SM_carton:

Watching the game today, i thought wendron were a very very poor team. The blazey bears didnt go out of first gear, like a sunday morning stroll. Is there much point in teams such as wendron even competing against BIGGER teams?

Oh dear!!! Humility in defeat should be matched with it in a win - even more so.

Blazey in their hayday or their money days were a bunch of gobby so and so's who disapeared when the going got tough, or when the money ran out. :SM_carton:

Looks like their back with that post, shame on you :SM_carton: Think FA cup.

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, December 2, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, December 2, 2012 - No reason given

To be fair "Paul" you seen where Wendron is? Surrounded by fields and farms so if u wanted the local farmer giles and his cows to come along they could probably do you a favour and piss and shit all over those disgusting flags you brought along at this level that is dreadful! And a team full of cocky and arrogant players who just tried showing off the whole team were quickly shut up when our captain lobbed the keeper from the half way line and all 4 goals came from stupid mistakes. So pipe down and hope to not be seeing u soon u stupid moron

As a Wendron player today, I'd agree that all 4 of Blazey goals came from stupid mistakes from us, and goal of the game was from our Skipper, from the half way line.

However, the support at Wendron is always going to be limited due to location...but it's something we've learnt to deal with.

I think the comment about us being poor and no point in entering the comp is ridiculous. We were there on merit just like Blazey.

The flag issue, isn't an issue. Just fans showing support, we're just not used to it!

In regards to the actual game, we never massively troubled Blazey, and other than the goals, I had little to do ( apart from a lot of goal kicks). It wasn't exactly a mouth watering cup tie! Good luck to both Blazey and now former club Wendron.

What a pity the locals didnt come out to support them.

With an average attendance of only 80 the same could be said about St Blazey!

Is there much point in teams such as wendron even competing against BIGGER teams?

Oh Dear, what ahort memories! Wasn't it only a couple of seasons ago that one of these so-called lesser teams, (Illogan),

knocked St Blazey out of the Senior Cup in a quarter final tie at Blaise Park? :thumbsup: Seems that Paul and ATL have never got over it! :)

Paul and ATL - Show some respect!

As a Wendron player today, I'd agree that all 4 of Blazey goals came from stupid mistakes from us, and goal of the game was from our Skipper, from the half way line.

However, the support at Wendron is always going to be limited due to location...but it's something we've learnt to deal with.

I think the comment about us being poor and no point in entering the comp is ridiculous. We were there on merit just like Blazey.

The flag issue, isn't an issue. Just fans showing support, we're just not used to it!

In regards to the actual game, we never massively troubled Blazey, and other than the goals, I had little to do ( apart from a lot of goal kicks). It wasn't exactly a mouth watering cup tie! Good luck to both Blazey and now former club Wendron.

Former club...?? Your not moving on again are you???!

Watching the game today, i thought wendron were a very very poor team. The blazey bears didnt go out of first gear, like a sunday morning stroll. Is there much point in teams such as wendron even competing against BIGGER teams?

What an absolute ***** jockey you are !! Hopefully this view isn't shared by the majority of Blazey fans ? If so, perhaps this round or next in the vase your opponents will be saying the same about you. Small club who had a short period of "public funded" success. Keep your delusions of grandeur to yourself

St Blazey, were by far the better side yesterday, and thoroughly derserved their victory. We all at Wendron wish them all the very best in the cup and in the league this season. After a tough time for the club, Bobby and the committee have worked very hard, and now have got a very credible team together, who play good passing football, and are established in the top half of the Penisula Prem. As always Bob and co, stayed around and had a chat after the game. See you all again soon. All of us at Wendron took a lot from playing superior opposition, we will try to work on the things that we have learned and try to improve in those areas. It is nice to see that some people seem more interested in Wendron these days, maybe we are starting to be perceived as a threat in times to come!!

Exactly St Darren. No idea who that is but i think it was in reply to the rubbish above. Another keyboard warrior. The same person could have come over and introduced themselves during the game but no.

Ive never said that our crowds are anything to shout about. Far from it. But then there arnt many who can say their crowds are that good. Yesterday i just expected a few more to come and see if Wendron could make a piece of senior cup history. As people still talk about Illogans victory at Blaize Park. And why not, they were the better side on the day.

I prefere to remember all the titles and cup runs though. Much better times.

Good luck to Wendron. Turned up yesterday. Great set up. Nice pitch and facilities all around it. Alot of clubs would envy that. And sponsor boards everywhere. Fair play to who ever go out and gets them.

Wendron's support has always been a bit of an issue. We are in the middle of the countryside with only a small village nearby, with catchment areas of Falmouth, Lenrynand Helston is nearby. We still manage to get 4 men's sides out each Saturday plus a Sunday team and a full compliment of youth football. As far as I know, not many other sides are able to do this in the county.

So I think the dig about supporters is a tad harsh when you look at the bigger picture.

Impressed by the Blazey support, thanks for making the trip and we are glad you are impressed by the facilities. A lot of hard work has gone into the club from officials players, and the community. Like the fact the flags came out, was nice to see.

On the field we contained Blazey well, yes in truth we didn't give them much of a game, but saying that, they didn't create any clear cut chances and at least three of their goals came from our mistakes. From our point of view it was disappointing seeing us rush on the ball and we lacked composure. Our passing game wasn't happening today which is a shame as it is normally something we pride ourselves upon. Coombes was class up front. Bit disappointed by the lack of respect shown by the back four of Blazey towards the end of the game, but we'll put that down to their dodgy barnets. Goal of the game came from our skipper, who picked the ball up just inside the Blazey half and superbly lobbed the keeper.

Think some of the above posts show a lack of respect to both sides, whether towards our players, or Blazey's fans, which is a real shame after a good day.

Thanks for coming in after and we hope you enjoyed your trip to the Underlane.

All the best in the next round

Pretty much everything I had to say has already been said. I just want to reiterate that the St Blazey fans were really quite impressed with the setup Wendron have got going. With floodlights the Wendron ground would put a fair few other SWPL Premier grounds to shame. We were made to feel at home by friendly locals. Good luck in the future, I'd love to visit Wendron on a much more regular basis!

I find it refreshing that the majority of the Blazey faithful seem to have bought into the new found team spirit and togetherness of this new crop of exciting young players...... All accept the snooty "Chairman"!!

All this man does is moan and "write" down to people. I think the Blazey "bears" should be proud of what they've achieved this year, and defo keep the "bears" mantrè!! (Just to annoy that stuck up old fossil if nothing else) P.s. "Chairman" your opinion is never humble.

Ken (Dudley fan)

Well done to Wendron for getting back on track in recent seasons. For a club of this size to host St Blazey in the "serious" rounds of the senior cup is a great achievement and something they can build on.

Crowds are suffering massively everywhere, so now isn't the time for taking pops at each others low attendances - I counted just 13 (including me) at a match between Polperro and Probus recently, both respectable senior sides.

It was a shame to read agros' aggressive posting, but I'm sure it was just another case of alcohol mixed with CornwallFootballForum - always a dangerous combination! I'm sure he regretted his post in the morning.

More recent posts from Wendron seem to have been more in the spirit of the game. Well done.

Let's hope Wendron's rise continues as their facilities would be a credit to the SWPL once again.

That post didnt refere to that comment. Seriously you need to chill out dude. Find a misses or something. Blimey. Theres more to life then cornish football......trust me on that one.

Umm!! If your post did not refer to that - then add the quote you are refering too. Simples, then there would be no confusion would there! I certainly know there's more to life than Cornish football, indeed any football, I suspect I have been around a bit longer than yourself - trust me on that one.

Happily married 30 years, 3 children, 9 grandchildren, 6 greatgrandchildren - thats certainly more important than football.

That post didnt refere to that comment. Seriously you need to chill out dude. Find a misses or something. Blimey. Theres more to life then cornish football......trust me on that one.

Umm!! If your post did not refer to that - then add the quote you are refering too. Simples, then there would be no confusion would there! I certainly know there's more to life than Cornish football, indeed any football, I suspect I have been around a bit longer than yourself - trust me on that one.

Happily married 30 years, 3 children, 9 grandchildren, 6 greatgrandchildren - thats certainly more important than football.

Paul did quote the original post, but it was removed for (presumably) being abusive.

I find it refreshing that the majority of the Blazey faithful seem to have bought into the new found team spirit and togetherness of this new crop of exciting young players...... All accept the snooty "Chairman"!!

All this man does is moan and "write" down to people. I think the Blazey "bears" should be proud of what they've achieved this year, and defo keep the "bears" mantrè!! (Just to annoy that stuck up old fossil if nothing else) P.s. "Chairman" your opinion is never humble.

Ken (Dudley fan)

Your apparent ignorance can be excused Pratmatist as you are a new kid on the block.I think over 30years service to the club entitles me to express an opinion.I have not criticised the current squad and welcome them to St Blazey under Bob Oaten, who has done a good job in assembling them.

Like others at the club I do not approve the attempt to denegrate the club's tradition by the use of nicknames more suitable in the under 8 league.Those behind it should respect the club's 116 years history and the feelings of the people who have contributed to it.

Ken (Dudley fan)

Your apparent ignorance can be excused Pratmatist as you are a new kid on the block.I think over 30years service to the club entitles me to express an opinion.I have not criticised the current squad and welcome them to St Blazey under Bob Oaten, who has done a good job in assembling them.

Like others at the club I do not approve the attempt to denegrate the club's tradition by the use of nicknames more suitable in the under 8 league.Those behind it should respect the club's 116 years history and the feelings of the people who have contributed to it.

sorry but I honestly fail to see how the use of 'blazey bears', if it has been adopted by the team in good will and due to the close-knit camaraderie of the squad, has a degenerative affect on the club? Surely it is only positive for blazey if its players are together and enjoying being part of the club? that certainly seems to transmit to other clubs and players who are commenting on the team spirit at blaise park

The club has always been known as "The Green and Blacks" and it is not up to players to change it. No criticism intended just a reminder that they should respect the club they play for. That should not deter from good team spirit which we all know is most important. Why would players wish to change the traditions of the club they now play for?

How is it that the club has had many successful squads and seasons without any thought of name changing?

The club has always been known as "The Green and Blacks" and it is not up to players to change it. No criticism intended just a reminder that they should respect the club they play for. That should not deter from good team spirit which we all know is most important. Why would players wish to change the traditions of the club they now play for?

How is it that the club has had many successful squads and seasons without any thought of name changing?

Blazey Bears is more catchy than 'the green and blacks'.

Should bring out some merchandise to generate revenue; teddy bears, gloves and slippers in the shape of paws, big furry dressing gowns, woolly hats with ears on, all the kids are wearing them

Up the bears!

Chairman, I have massive respect for you and anyone that gives up time and effort to the cause of local football clubs. I am sure you do a great job, as do other associated with our local clubs. Respect where respect is due.

But, I think you might be slightly overreacting here. I don't think the players are trying to change the nickname nor get 'blazey bears' emblazoned across the shirts. It seems just a light hearted bit of banter between your players, which seems to be helping the good changing room a number of players are talking about.

Paul did quote the original post, but it was removed for (presumably) being abusive.

My apologies to Paul.

Note to the administrators. If you remove a qoute from a post then you fundamentally change its meaning and direction.

Therefore- you would have to remove the post as well to avoid confusion.

My apologies to Paul again.

My apologies to Paul.

Note to the administrators. If you remove a qoute from a post then you fundamentally change its meaning and direction.

Therefore- you would have to remove the post as well to avoid confusion.

My apologies to Paul again.

I don't think you'll find his quote was removed. There's a much earlier one hidden from view, but nothing to do from Paul!

The club has always been known as "The Green and Blacks"; and it is not up to players to change it. No criticism intended just a reminder that they should respect the club they play for. That should not deter from good team spirit which we all know is most important. Why would players wish to change the traditions of the club they now play for?

I don't think that the use of the Blazey Bears moniker is an attempt to denigrate the name or otherwise diminish the history of the club. It seems to me to be harmless banter amongst the players that has become public knowledge. It's been around for a while now and seems to be helping promote team spirit. I say just let it be, it'll probably run its course in time. It's actually a bit of fun when chatting with the players.

All the stuff on this thread sums up why I have stopped posting things on this forum . Started off as a thread celebrating a Cup Tie between a minnow club that have put a lot of time and money into improving their team and facilities and pushing themselves forward ,and one of the big names of Cornish football who are gradually getting back on their feet with a vibrant young side after a horrific past season . Something , I am not sure what , has turned it into a slagging match .

Similarly the thread about the Liskeard manager . That has been dragged into the gutter for one reason or another .

Used to look at this forum all the time , found it filled the gap left by a shrinking local media in finding out what was going on . The banter used to be sharp , but also funny and honest at the same time .A lot of the stuff on here has turned personal and downright nasty . Can't really be bothered with it now .

That's the last time I will be on here . I'm expecting a slagging off , but I won't be replying . I won't be reading it

All the stuff on this thread sums up why I have stopped posting things on this forum . Started off as a thread celebrating a Cup Tie between a minnow club that have put a lot of time and money into improving their team and facilities and pushing themselves forward ,and one of the big names of Cornish football who are gradually getting back on their feet with a vibrant young side after a horrific past season . Something , I am not sure what , has turned it into a slagging match .

Similarly the thread about the Liskeard manager . That has been dragged into the gutter for one reason or another .

Used to look at this forum all the time , found it filled the gap left by a shrinking local media in finding out what was going on . The banter used to be sharp , but also funny and honest at the same time .A lot of the stuff on here has turned personal and downright nasty . Can't really be bothered with it now .

That's the last time I will be on here . I'm expecting a slagging off , but I won't be replying . I won't be reading it

Totally agree with you Way - dunno what's happened to this site this season but some of these so called posts and replies are just boring. Don't think you'll miss much!

Likewise. Same reason I rarely post on here any more. Any topic of note gets turned into a cesspit of insults and foul language and I don't have the time for it.