Cornwall Football Forum

Good News for SWP League

from the League website:

The board of the South West Peninsula Football League Ltd are are very pleased to announce that we have reached an agreement with leading brewers "Carlsberg" to extend the league Sponsorship deal that sees them as principal league sponsors for all 3 divisions.

The existing deal was due to expire at the end of the current 2012/13 season but league Chairman Mark Hayman and Company Secretary Philip Hiscox have shaken hands on a new deal with Carlsberg which will be for an additional three seasons : 2013/14, 2014/15 & 2015/16.

The value of the new deal is an incredible £75,000 over 3 years (£25,000 per annum)

Carlsberg have now committed to sponsoring the league for each of the first 9 years that the league will operate, during that time we can safely estimate that the contribution will be in the region of a quarter of a million pounds.

League Chairman Mark Hayman stated "In the current economic climate that has affected all of our member clubs, it is a great vote of confidence that a major company such as Carlsberg have committed their continuing support".

Company Secretary Philip Hiscox said "This investment gives the league the security to continue to provide regional football throughout Devon & Cornwall. Whether money is spent on reducing clubs fees or given as prize money, it is used to the benefit of our clubs, and by association the local communities that those clubs serve".

Foot note : Carlsberg sponsor the 3 divisions of the league, we are also indebted to Carl Throgmorton who continues to sponsor the League Cup competition.

Regards

Phil Hiscox

May i be the first to thank and congratulate Carlsberg for sponsering what i believe to be some of the best football outsIde of the professional leagues, both Mark and Phil have both done a fantastic job helping to secure the new sponsership deal................ Thank's guys

Great deal for the league, but I am surprised at Carlsberg when the ambitions for such a vast sum is to reduce league fees or increase prize money. I thought that a company of their size would want more bang for their buck.

Both of these options will cause problems in a day when such sponsorship stops and fees rise and prize money falls.

This money could go a long way on some ground improvements at certain venues, this would leave more of a legacy for them and the deal makers at the SWPL.

That said though, if the money is to be thrown into a black hole, could they consider subsidising one years travel expenses for the Prem Champions to take a mandatory promotion? £15k Promo bonus would go a long way, it would be interesting to hear from any club people at Buckland who maybe better placed to advise on the addition finance that they have had to find to satisfy their ambition.

After all, wasn't the purpose of the SWPL to be a part of the pyramid system?

2 clubs since its inception would suggest this needs a little tinkering.

(Apologies if its more and I have missed them)

Fantastic deal for the league, would be a shame to see it just disappear into players pockets though and this surely will it's final destination if earmarked for lesser fees or more prize money.

Great deal for the league, but I am surprised at Carlsberg when the ambitions for such a vast sum is to reduce league fees or increase prize money. I thought that a company of their size would want more bang for their buck.

Both of these options will cause problems in a day when such sponsorship stops and fees rise and prize money falls.

This money could go a long way on some ground improvements at certain venues, this would leave more of a legacy for them and the deal makers at the SWPL.

That said though, if the money is to be thrown into a black hole, could they consider subsidising one years travel expenses for the Prem Champions to take a mandatory promotion? £15k Promo bonus would go a long way, it would be interesting to hear from any club people at Buckland who maybe better placed to advise on the addition finance that they have had to find to satisfy their ambition.

After all, wasn't the purpose of the SWPL to be a part of the pyramid system?

2 clubs since its inception would suggest this needs a little tinkering.

(Apologies if its more and I have missed them)

Fantastic deal for the league, would be a shame to see it just disappear into players pockets though and this surely will it's final destination if earmarked for lesser fees or more prize money.

good shout DK,promo bonus, give clubs the incentive to take the next step and see if they can cope, with less financial risk, if they come straight back down nothing lost, one free spin so to speek!