Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway v blazey

Should be a good game today if the rain holds off. Buckland game is cancelled so Chris wright playing for parkway and maybe another ringer in from buckland.

Wonder which one of the regular players/squad are going to be dropped to accommodate them.

Competitive top of the table clash hopefully whoever plays for which ever club

Great game of football today on a awful pitch in the end. This must have so close to being called off. Walking out the ground afterwards a few Parkway people were looking at the pitch. You poor sods. Thats gona take a bit of work to put that right.

You wouldnt have known who was top today. St Blazey created two great chances in the second half and should have won this. A great point but maybe 2 dropped. I thought both teams played some decent football but St Blazey looked sharper. Paddy West was superb in the middle. Parkway did put the pressure on in the final few minutes but St Blazey held on.

Parkways new changing rooms and tea hut etc look very good. Great addition to their ground. Well done after probably years of planning to get to this stage.

Saltash at home next week before a tasty derbie on boxing day in Snozzle.

Great game of football today on a awful pitch in the end. This must have so close to being called off. Walking out the ground afterwards a few Parkway people were looking at the pitch. You poor sods. Thats gona take a bit of work to put that right.

You wouldnt have known who was top today. St Blazey created two great chances in the second half and should have won this. A great point but maybe 2 dropped. I thought both teams played some decent football but St Blazey looked sharper. Paddy West was superb in the middle. Parkway did put the pressure on in the final few minutes but St Blazey held on.

Parkways new changing rooms and tea hut etc look very good. Great addition to their ground. Well done after probably years of planning to get to this stage.

Saltash at home next week before a tasty derbie on boxing day in Snozzle.

Garry Turner and the rest of the groundstaff deserve huge praise for even getting the match on , big parts of Bolitho Park were underwater on Friday morning .

Agree with you Paul , pretty good match with plenty of decent play considering the conditions. Probably felt more like two points dropped for both teams ,but it would have been tough on either team to lose this .. We had two disallowed goals and hit the crossbar twice,but Lewis Coombes and Seb Broomfield are probably kicking themselves for not putting away their two chances . Thought your goalkeeper had the game of his life in the second half .

Blazey looked one of the better sides to come to Bolitho Park this year .

Our goalkeeper today was only playing as our goalkeeper was away. He plays for Callington but signed on to play this one match i think. Did the basics right in poor condititions for a goalkeeper.

I think a top 6 finish is very much achievable for St Blazey. Parkway and Bodmin will fight it out for the title. St Blazey now have draws at both Parkway and Bodmin. Not bad. Need to beat Saltash next week really.

Yea spot on that review Paul, good game by both teams with Blaze keeper busy and very brave though little unorthadox but effective. Blaze great chances to nip it - Parkway applied pressure but fizzled out and even when Chris Wright made appearance did not inspire. Lino's and ref did well with 2 goals dissalowed for Parkway being offside. So on that I think Bodmin will win league Parkway short on finishing power when it matters and the pitch was proper mess. Good game though and draw fair result. :)

spot on assessments of the game. One of the most entertaining 0-0 draws I have seen for a long time. Blazey really impressed me at the back and going forward in the wide areas and Parkway have got great strength in depth with their squad, should really be right up there come end of the season. Next year should be interesting if both sides keep the same squads and add slightly.

Great advert for the SWPL

Totally agree with the assessments above. This was a great game and an entertaining 0 - 0. Both teams had good chances to win the game and played well in the awful conditions.

A big well done to Gaz , who got the pitch ready for the game. :drink:

A draw was probably the right result.

Henning Berg , I do not agree with your comment about Parkway having strenght in depth in their squad !

They have a small first team squad , but do have many other players signed on as cover.