Cornwall Football Forum

Highs and lows of 2012

Heading into the final weeks of 2012 thought it would be a good idea to reflect and share our highs and lows of SWPL football this year.

Mine as follows;

High point: Winning our 9 consecutive league games with the bridge and turning the club league position around from last year. Also the 10-0 win at dobwalls a few weeks back.

Low point: Travellling 2 hours up to witheridge on a freezing cold day to play only 5 minutes.

High point - Liskeard's end of season fight back to win 3-2 after being 2-0 down to promoted Buckland late in the game (to be fair the Buckland players were shattered after a fixture pile up but it certainly got the supporters of both teams singing and chanting!! thought I was at Blazey for a moment)

Low point - well I was gonna say those annoying old gits who follow Bodmin around and abuse the opposition but I wont as at least they have some passion for their team and want them to win and they make a bit of noise!

So a low point for me is going to grounds where there's little noise from the supporters (You know who you are!!). And one more for luck - the demise of 'up for the pasty cup'