Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL 22/12/12 Postponements

Forecast diabolical from later today right through tomorrow so I'll wager a few quid that you're right Bushy....even if a bit premature! Wise move to cancel early though given the time of year and of course Ivybridge had a wasted journey to Poltair earlier in the season when fog caused a last gasp abandonment.

Totally agree guys!! Surely call off whole program of matches now instead of waiting for the usual 11:00 am inspection and phone call. I am out on works bash tonight and I know 90% of the players are out on theirs!! As you can imagine we are not looking forward to round trip between Plymouth and Porthleven on a minibus together!! So come on guys call it off and let us get the knees up underway. . . Blakey of Dobwalls x

Call games off now for whole weekend. The weather is going to worsen and not going to dry up suddenly on Saturday morning. Save players and fans hanging around until midday only to find out games off anyway. Let people enjoy a day and plan some family time. There is plenty of football over the festive period to keep people going without tomorrow's games

Lee what are the chances of the big boxing day clash being on? Christmas is the same without a derby game on boxing day!

We will be doing all we can to get it on mate, old man myself and a few other will be down pitch Monday, few hours Xmas day and Boxing Day morning to see what we can do, so lets hope so :)

Not disapointed with this at all. Argyle v turks at 1pm. Job done. Snozzle away can wait a while. Would have been a decent if the weather was ok. That the past couple boxing day games in St Austell called off. Frozen pitch last time.

Happy xmas to you all. Looking forward to my one day off!!!!!

St Austell v Blazey and Porthleven v Helston both OFF already.

Helston offered to host this fixture at Helston (weather permitting) but Porthleven declined the offer for some reason, they should be made to play the game as we all want games to be played if possible.

Home advantage springs to mind, can't see any pitches being playable until the new year!