Cornwall Football Forum

BOXING DAY - On / Off ?

I don't suppose anyone knows the state of Falmouths pitch for their eagerly anticipated clash with Penzance? And the possibility of the game going ahead..

Game on I would have thought .....come hell or high water.

Thery are suposed be playing football, not water polo. With the amount of rain that's fallen, we'll be lucky if any games are played over the holiday season.... Hope I'm wrong thro!!!

Weather permitting, Bodmin v Newquay is the game of choice in this part of the world. Failing that, 3 of us will head to Truro, we have to pick up some furniture.

GAMES STILL ON SUBJECT TO MORNING INSPECTIONS - Times listed are scheduled Kick Offs.

Premier

Bodmin Town v Newquay (11am)

Liverton United v Bovey Tracey (12pm)

East

Stoke Gabriel v Galmpton United (11am)

Teignmouth v Newton Abbot Spurs (11am)

West

Godolphin Atlantic v Wadebridge Town (12pm)

Hayle v Mousehole (11am)

St Dennis v Foxhole Stars (2pm)

BOXING DAY FOOTBALL - BODMIN TOWN v NEWQUAY AFC

The SWPL Website has confirmed GAME ON for 11am Kick Off. Please be aware, it may be called off before kick off or even abandoned during the game as the forecast is awful.

The following are also declared as ON

Liverton United v Bovey Tracey (12pm)

Stoke Gabriel v Galmpton United (11am)

Teignmouth v Newton Abbot Spurs (11am)

Bodmin 4 v 2 Newquay AFC. (2-0 ht) An absolute mudbath added to the entertainment. If it had rained in the second 45mins as it did in the first, it would have been abandoned. Bodmin parked themselves in Newquays Pen area for 35mins, after that it was fairly even before The Mints had a good 20min spell. A couple of errors from Newquay cost a point, Miller made a top save and the post helped Bodmin out.

Fair result but perhaps would have been a better game between two good footballing sides on a decent surface, we shall see Good Friday @ Mount Wise Stadium. Poor crowd today, no more than 220, split 3 ways home / away and neutrals.

Must have been some game in the mud down Henver Road, Godolphin 5 v 3 Wadebridge Town. Heard it was 1-2 at one stage but nothing from anyone since, result taken from SWPL Website.

Liverton 6 v 0 Bovey Tracey

Also in the East - Stoke Gabriel 1 - 5 Galmpton United - Teignmouth 1 - 3 Newton Abbot Spurs.

Truro City v Dorchester Town after boasting online all day about how the game would be on, it was called off by the Ref 23 mins before kick off. Still the fans were in the ground to get the bar tills ringing, hope they refund all the Dorchester Town fans their travel money !

the faces change that often at newquay no-one probably knew who was playing let alone scoring :)

Oh my aching sides, how funny you are !

Please do give up the day job, a life of frivolity and fortune awaits you in the Comedic halls of fame, you Sir are a genius the like of which hath not been seen since, Cameron said, "We are all in this together"

Time for one of those extra strong mints nemmy, might take away that bitter taste in your mouth. Would have bought you a drink & a hog roast if you had popped up to treyew rd after picking up you furniture in truro, the only problem it was so busy you would have not got in the door.Just for your information the dorchester supporters received a full refund which they gratefully spent behind the bar.Enjoy the rest of your christmas.

Went and saw the Bodmin match today thought my team Newquay played well but honestly wish the game never went ahead conditions where awful watched most of the match inside my car .I predicted on here it would be 5 _1 to bodmin and carter would get a hat trick i was right about that i was laughed at on this site earlier when i said carter would end up leading scorer in the league again while hes got 7 goals in 2 games so i think he will do it again really looking forward to the return match at mt wise on good friday hope its a nice dry day shouldnt be any rain left by then ,Well done Newquay and well done to the Bodmin groundstaff for getting the match on but i wish they hadnt

Godolphin 5 - 3 Wadebridge

A great game for the neutral today who braved the battering first half wind and rain.

Wadebridge took the lead, Shane Looker beating his man on the left and finishing with a low drive.

Godolphin respond 5/10 minutes later (scorer please).

Few minutes later and Paul Menhinick adjudged to be fouled in the box resulting in a penalty which Dan Jennings converted, half time 1-2.

Second half and Bridge lead 3-1 a corner from the left headed in at the back post by Dan Jennings for his second.

further pressure from corners may have seen a fourth Looker heading just over the bar at the near post.

The Godolphin comeback began and tbh they never looked out of the game throughout. A well taken goal from the left curled right footed into the top corner (scorer) for 3-2. Tails up and a few minutes later a mistake at the back led to Phil Lowry? Running in on goal and converting. Further warnings for bridge as a Tom Varcoe slip in goal almost resulted in a 4th as the Godolphin striker hit the post from an open goal.

A through ball saw Aaron Dilley and Tom Varcoe go one on one, the ball heads out towards the throw line and the ref gives a controversial penalty. Converted for 4-3.

5-3 few minutes later, and with bridge pushing for the equaliser a well worked through ball was found and converted at the other end.

Gutted to lose but a great game to be involved in. Kyle Brown and the other cm worked tirelessly for the Gs with Phil Lowry forever causing problems.

Need to bounce back vs Helston on Saturday, weather permitting..

Time for one of those extra strong mints nemmy, might take away that bitter taste in your mouth. Would have bought you a drink & a hog roast if you had popped up to treyew rd after picking up you furniture in truro, the only problem it was so busy you would have not got in the door.Just for your information the dorchester supporters received a full refund which they gratefully spent behind the bar.Enjoy the rest of your christmas.

Funny that, my Good Lady wife got caught up in the traffic coming out of Treyew Rd at about 2.50pm, only took a minute to clear mind. Fair play if Truro City refunded the Dorchester fans travel costs, the admission money would have been refunded anyway. Enjoyed todays game at Bodmin despite the result and my Xmas has been reasonable thank you for asking.

Have a good New Year, I hope that next season sees City in a more stable position, the ground issue is still lurking in the background. Best wishes.

Godolphin 5 - 3 Wadebridge

A great game for the neutral today who braved the battering first half wind and rain.

Wadebridge took the lead, Shane Looker beating his man on the left and finishing with a low drive.

Godolphin respond 5/10 minutes later (scorer please).

Few minutes later and Paul Menhinick adjudged to be fouled in the box resulting in a penalty which Dan Jennings converted, half time 1-2.

Second half and Bridge lead 3-1 a corner from the left headed in at the back post by Dan Jennings for his second.

further pressure from corners may have seen a fourth Looker heading just over the bar at the near post.

The Godolphin comeback began and tbh they never looked out of the game throughout. A well taken goal from the left curled right footed into the top corner (scorer) for 3-2. Tails up and a few minutes later a mistake at the back led to Phil Lowry? Running in on goal and converting. Further warnings for bridge as a Tom Varcoe slip in goal almost resulted in a 4th as the Godolphin striker hit the post from an open goal.

A through ball saw Aaron Dilley and Tom Varcoe go one on one, the ball heads out towards the throw line and the ref gives a controversial penalty. Converted for 4-3.

5-3 few minutes later, and with bridge pushing for the equaliser a well worked through ball was found and converted at the other end.

Gutted to lose but a great game to be involved in. Kyle Brown and the other cm worked tirelessly for the Gs with Phil Lowry forever causing problems.

Need to bounce back vs Helston on Saturday, weather permitting..

Godolphin goalscorers : Phil Lowry got the 1st, Aron Dilly got the 2nd & 3rd, Lowry the 4th and Jamie Wigg got the 5th. Great game of football !!