Cornwall Football Forum

Fixtures 26th jan

Godolphin 2 Sticker 3. Best team won and great comeback from 2v0 down at HT. For all those raving about the way Godolphin play, i dont see it myself. Bang average today and wont win the league on this showing. Well done Sticker!!

What a great result for the Sticker boys! I thought last weeks win against Wadebridge was good but this is amazing!

Godolphin 2 Sticker 3. Best team won and great comeback from 2v0 down at HT. For all those raving about the way Godolphin play, i dont see it myself. Bang average today and wont win the league on this showing. Well done Sticker!!

Sticker flying high at the moment! Long may it continue. :thumbsup:

St Dennis v hayle OFF.

Ref passed pitch inspection this morning, hayle turned up, complained the middle was to wet, ref for today gave another pitch inspection and called it off, pitch WAS playable, ball rolled and NO standing water, JOKE

I'm confused?? i stood in the middle with two of the St Dennis players agreeing with them that we all wanted to play. All our players were gutted to travel and not fulfill the fixture that's for sure.

It's the referee decision to deem the surface to be fit to play. Have i played in worse ? Yes for sure. Was it playable ? Yes. The ref thought otherwise and thought players safety was a concern.

Saw the first half "Well passed it" and Godolphin missed good chances to kill Sticker off. But Sticker missed a couple of good chances on the break first half also. Not many games are won in the first half my friend and today proved just that. Good young side assembled at Sticker and obviously a strong team spirit to go with it.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="riggins74" data-cid="228843" data-time="1359221247"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="L.Ricks9" data-cid="228814" data-time="1359208239"><p>St Dennis v hayle OFF.<br />

<br />

Ref passed pitch inspection this morning, hayle turned up, complained the middle was to wet, ref for today gave another pitch inspection and called it off, pitch WAS playable, ball rolled and NO standing water, JOKE</p></blockquote>

I'm confused?? i stood in the middle with two of the St Dennis players agreeing with them that we all wanted to play. All our players were gutted to travel and not fulfill the fixture that's for sure.<br />

<br />

It's the referee decision to deem the surface to be fit to play. Have i played in worse ? Yes for sure. Was it playable ? Yes. The ref thought otherwise and thought players safety was a concern. </p></blockquote>

Well apparently after some one from hayle had walked on the pitch, the decided not to start to get ready and wait for the ref to get there and inspect pitch coz they felt it was to wet, may have it wrong.

We have played the least amount of games in the league and it's frustrating when our gane gets called off after having a perfect playable service.

This puts us even futher behind in our fixtures now that we will have to cram in at the end of a already delayed season.

Well done to sticker today.

Just looking at fixtures and see that Godolphin have 7 away fixtures and just 5 home including tricky trips to Cally, St Dennis, Wadebridge and Helston. Could this be the start of a wobble for them? Newquay could only afford 1 loss and 3 draws in their promotion last season, so a bit of pressure on Godolphin now perhaps? Should be an interesting climax to the SWPL West league.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="riggins74" data-cid="228843" data-time="1359221247"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="L.Ricks9" data-cid="228814" data-time="1359208239"><p>St Dennis v hayle OFF.<br />

<br />

Ref passed pitch inspection this morning, hayle turned up, complained the middle was to wet, ref for today gave another pitch inspection and called it off, pitch WAS playable, ball rolled and NO standing water, JOKE</p></blockquote>

I'm confused?? i stood in the middle with two of the St Dennis players agreeing with them that we all wanted to play. All our players were gutted to travel and not fulfill the fixture that's for sure.<br />

<br />

It's the referee decision to deem the surface to be fit to play. Have i played in worse ? Yes for sure. Was it playable ? Yes. The ref thought otherwise and thought players safety was a concern. </p></blockquote>

Well apparently after some one from hayle had walked on the pitch, the decided not to start to get ready and wait for the ref to get there and inspect pitch coz they felt it was to wet, may have it wrong.

We have played the least amount of games in the league and it's frustrating when our gane gets called off after having a perfect playable service.

This puts us even futher behind in our fixtures now that we will have to cram in at the end of a already delayed season.

I understand your frustration, but i can confirm all management and players from Hayle FC wanted to play 100%. Nothing more can be done now, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yes they can. Planning in place for the required facilities. Gotta win the league first. Few tough games yet. Dropped points in last 2 games but still battered Helston and Wadebridge when the pressure was on. Obviously the haters will jump on the bandwagon when the G drop points, and try to cause disturbances, but they need to just keep their heads down and keep focused on the bigger picture.

Yes they can. Planning in place for the required facilities. Gotta win the league first. Few tough games yet. Dropped points in last 2 games but still battered Helston and Wadebridge when the pressure was on. Obviously the haters will jump on the bandwagon when the G drop points, and try to cause disturbances, but they need to just keep their heads down and keep focused on the bigger picture.

You may or may not get some dispensation (others have) but as you stand at this moment in time...the answer to the question is still no. I merely answered the question...best of luck to you.

Holsworthy 2 Penryn 4 As you would imagine the pitch was rather soft and didn`t help either team playing good football.Penryn started again with high tempo as they did on Wednesday and should have been at least 4 to the good at half time.The first goal came from a corner which was headed in at the far post by Hal Davis who has just returned to the club.The second came from a good passing move to be finished by Jason Roberts.Holsworthy then broke away up the left ,crossed and was hit first time by their veteran striker giving young Chris Page no chance,Chris is the third team keeper and did well on his debut.Similar storey for the Holsworthy second ,cross, back post finish.After half time Penryn dominated and sealed the victory with a great strike from Dale Band and a lovely team goal well finished by Sean Johnson.It was nice to hear the home support commenting on how well Penryn tried to play football on heavy pitch.

<br />

<br />

There's a copy of the FA directive on pitch inspections on the Peninsula website here:

http://www.swpleague.co.uk/swpforum/viewtopic.php?t=1629

I think the important paragraph is this:

"If after consultation with the match Referee, the ground is declared fit and the away Clubs instructed to travel, then only in exceptional circumstances should the match Referee reverse the decision."

Good grief , the middle a bit wet !, 90% of my pitch yesterday was a bit wet, but we played and had a cracking game, both teams adapted to the playing conditions yes the pitch cut up but what else can we expect this winter. I always believe if the home team want to play (it`s their pitch ) then lets get it on.

There is no mention on the Cornwall Council website of any Planning Permission being sought for lights, let alone agreed. Planning Permission must be granted in order for promotion to be even considered. Applications for promotion have to be submitted by 31st March and have planning permission in place by that time. Do Godolphin have the backing of every householder on all 4 sides of the ground ?, I would say that that would be a major stumbling block if just one complained, it would set back any planning agreement by weeks. Is the funding for such a major project in place ?, the ground must have lights within 2 years of promotion.

There was talk of Godolphin looking at a move to the Sports Centre where the Newquay Hornets Rugby play, it might give them room to manoeuvre and build for the future. Someone recently mentioned a possible groundshare with Newquay, whilst this has never been formally discussed, Godolphin cannot share just to satisfy the SWPL rules on ground gradings.

Good luck to the three main challengers for the Title, all are good footballing sides who would not be out of place in the Premier Div.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="B Manning" data-cid="228962" data-time="1359282749"><p>

Good grief , the middle a bit wet !, 90% of my pitch yesterday was a bit wet, but we played and had a cracking game, both teams adapted to the playing conditions yes the pitch cut up but what else can we expect this winter. I always believe if the home team want to play (it`s their pitch ) then lets get it on.</p></blockquote>

It's a shame, like u said, pitches are expected to be in these conditions this time of year, at the end off the day the pitch passed inspection in the morning (quite rightly so) hayle had travelled both teams willing to play the game, so let us just get on with it, the ref travelled from Plymouth, moaned about player safety, saying if a player broke his leg it would be his fault.

well im sorry but u can brake a leg in any game so lets not try make excuses, the ref kicked the ball around the whole pitch with the ball rolling fine, then picked it up walked into the worst area on the pitch right in the middle, through the ball in the air and the ball dropped and didn't bounce in the mud, that was the only area that was bad, I then went to watch Bodmin, and that pitch was 10 times worse then ours, there was sloppy mud everywhere. but hey, we still paid him £40 and every1 had a miserable afternoon, but he was happy. :-(

The ref was Barry Jackson

LRicks9, the ball did not bounce properly on 90% of the pitch I was on, another point I always try to apply in these conditions is that mud and water will not harm anyone, provided the players adapt to the conditions and the game is not a total farce then play, as you said you can break a leg anywhere anytime.

great 3 points for camelford yesterday after the disappointment of going out of two cups in the last two games. pitch played incredibly well down at tavi, credit must go to the groundstaff.

took us 15 minutes to get going then controlled the game. went 1-0 down to a great strike. we then upped it and scored two goals in about 10 mins through patrick rushton and liam sandercock to lead 2-1 at half time. 2nd half we always looked dangerous and restricted tavi. with 5 mins left we broke with numbers and the ball was played through to Gussy who hit an unstoppable shot from a very tight angle to seal the points. Tavi did break and forced Josh Colwill in to a good save after being a spectator for most of the second half.

well done boys, great performance.

Well done to sticker today.. Great result for a great club .. One question though if godolphin win the league, are they able to go up to the prem with the current facilities ?
shouldn't be in this league with current state of there facilities, I had to drive home to shower after the match because there was little more than a dribble of COLD water coming from the showers and had to park half a mile away due to the state of the place. I have huge respect for what 'G' have achieved on the pitch, but they really do need to sort the facilities out before they can move on.

• 2 weeks later...

Taken from the Non League Paper printed on 25-11-12.

FA SET THE STANDARDS

Guidelines for the future promotion of clubs from the lower reaches of the Pyramid have been issued by the Football Association.

Step 7 Clubs (Division One West) wishing to move up must finish as champions to automatically considered.

But if the champions do not wish to go up, then clubs finishing in the top five will be considered. Clubs must have their grounds up to the registered standard, Grading Category H, by March 31st 2013. Those without floodlights will be considered for promotion to Step 6 on condition that planning permission has been obtained by March 31st 2013.

Those who fail to install the lights by March 31st 2014, will be relegated, regardless of where they finish. New groundshare arrangements are not allowed in order to gain promotion.

From Mr H, clubs wishing to apply for promotion must do this in writing along with the £25 fee by 1st March.