Cornwall Football Forum

Plymstock lose again do they need a new manager

Yeo & Hobbs? No chance. Mount Gould would hammer plymstock. If they were gonna leave they would've gone liskeard. Fice is defo an option

slim are you for real? yeo and hobbs may have a good side in the p and d, but neither are a patch on roger fice!!!

Players respect roger for his football knowledge unlike the mount gould side looking for social stature,

I agree that maybe something needs to be done at plymstock, But really.... do we have to mention yeo and hobbs everytime someone mentions a change of manger at a failing club??

50 pence head. I never brought up Hobbs & yeo I was just commenting on a previous post. Plymstock is a gr8 little club but unless there's money they'll also b a mid table team @ best. Roger five is a legend but even he wouldn't have the pull of the younger lads these days. If he came in as a coach then that could work. Plymstock need 2 look @ players in the local leagues!!

not the easiest club to work under.The manager pete hill has had players taken off him when someone flashes the cash and that makes it hard to compete. but the players seem to back him,from what i gather they dont play bad football maybe time is whats needed not people hanging and quartering managers /players,,who knows,

not the easiest club to work under. Plymatock have always been a great club to be connected with, A small number of people doing a lot of work

as we see the manager has been given time to try and get things right. Dont know what players have jumped ship for extra cash, but yes players there are working hard and as a team nice to see that not all players just playing for the money

From what i gather, the guy that is confirmed, has a very good core of players currently, a couple of whom are already signed for peninsula clubs at present, but are too loyal to commit permanently. He also has great connections to tap into some very good players that already play within the Peninsula League. I believe that he could bring success to Plymstock next season.

Bere alston manager?or how about ryan swiggs,seems to be doing very well with millbrook in the ecp.

By Bere Alston manager Red Dev did you mean me by any chance?

I left Bere in September.

Personally I think all the speculation and hearsay about a new manager being lined up for the Plymstock job is a bit disrespectful to the current manager Pete Hill and his assistant Daryl Young who are doing their best on limited resources.

Plymstock made a brave decision to switch to Div One (East) and did so knowing it was going to be harder but less of a strain financially and travel wise.

Had they stayed in Div One (West) they could quite easily be sat in mid table and no-one would be on here making suggestions as to who might be waiting in the wings to take over.

With the exception of Okehampton away (lost 5-1) they haven't taken a heavy beating off anyone and by and large most of their defeats have been by the odd goal.

If Joe Jasper can find his Vospers form of previous seasons and bag the odd goal or two they should be OK and 3rd Bottom in their 1st season back in the East may not be too bad a finish when all is said and done.

Ive had to step away from the squad for the remainder of the season having been injured since Oct with a muscle tear, but I still talk to the players, management & commitee and as far as im aware Pete Hill is the manager of Plymstock United and dont see that changing any time soon. The side needs strengthening yes, so lets see what happens between now and the end of the season. As someone stated the East is a more difficult league with most teams being of a decent quality and the west is split between poor and v.good squads.

Well said CoachKT... I've seen plymstock play a couple of times this season and can play very good football in spells. Maybe it's time the players took responsibility and play to there full potential more regularly instead of when they fancy it! Maybe some changes are needed but blaming the manager is far from sorting the problem!

Just thought i would join in on this. I myself was at a club in that league with no budget and i feel for the Manager having to try and attract good players to the club knowing they are going to be out of pocket before game as in petrol then refreshments after game it is so hard. The great thing that Plymstock have got is a great youth set up with great people involved with the club. So is their not the kids coming threw to come into that team? These are the boys that have been with the club for a long period that wears the badge on their heart.Myself think thats the way forward to kick start the club. This is just my opinion and not a dig at the lads that are their. Ravo

Your the man for the job.Lol. I would love to see the club in the premier but money dont grow on trees and the club i think are doing things in the right way. Never did i say that the present manager is not the right bloke for the job, just hard to do it without the funds that the club may not have. We aint all going to agree with everything thats why we love the game.

• 1 month later...

It could be. Plymstock are in the East Division of the Peninsula whereas for location reasons and travel expenses Millbrook would be entered back into the West Division.

Ryan Swiggs wouldnt leave Millbrook, especially as they are applying to enter the same league as Plymstock.

Tricky, why dont you offer your service's? A man of your calibre im in no doubt you'd have them wiped into shape in no time! You could even sign your mate krac. And if all else fails.... Deans cross gets quite busy saturday afternoons, you could make a killing selling horse burger's in the carpark. :)

It's not looking good, plymstock utd should be in the premier. great club with a good youth system.

My concern is apart from Bobby hopkinson who should be playing higher, a lot of there players probably would struggle in the pd premier.

Just my thoughts

I havent played since October due to injury, but having spoke to players, the committee, management ect and what i already know. This season was a transition time. We moved to a (in my opinion) a more competitive league, we had little to know 1st team left from the previous season and so Pete had to get together a relitively new squad and use this season as a rebuild season. What happens comes close season I do not know, but certainly the club should be higher than it is, and im sure next season that will certainly be a minimum expectation.

As for certain players playing above themselves, thats opinion. And As far as i know, Bobby is in the area for due to being released from a much higher club and is friends with Pete. So to keep Bobby playing he said he will sign for Plymstock untill he got an offer elsewhere.

Pete hill took staddy to P&D priemier and got them relegated the following season.

Then for some bizarre reason got offered the chance to run Plymstock seconds in East Cornwall Div 1 came mid table in that league.

Plymstock offer him the job as 1st gaffer?

I thought you had to earn your spurs.....

This is the reason they are a poor outfit and lucky there is no relegation!

Tricky, why dont you offer your service's? A man of your calibre im in no doubt you'd have them wiped into shape in no time! You could even sign your mate krac. And if all else fails.... Deans cross gets quite busy saturday afternoons, you could make a killing selling horse burger's in the carpark. :)

Priceless.........

Al Capone... I believe he took staddy from p&d 4 to the prem in consecutive seasons and left when they were a top 4 team.. Took the plymstock 2nds job and were unlucky not to get promotion in there first season. With a lot of last seasons first team players leaving.. He had to gather a group of players that wanted to play for him and took his best second team players up that any manger would do. Players have come in and some may have struggled adapting but tear are the players who think they should be playing premier league football and stroll through games. The majority of the team has worked hard all season and deserve a bit more respect than what's being thrown around. I've known Pete for a lot time and have followed his teams, watching quite a few. The plymstock job is a gamble for anyone and shows his commitment every week by his desire to win and turn things around and take plymstock to where they belong