Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey lose striker?

A friend of mine that is a keen follower of Plymouth parkway has told me that parkway have successfully signed blazey number 9 Lewis Coombes?? Can anybody confirm this? If true where will this leave the 'green and blacks' after a huge member of their squad is leaving?

Just had a look at the cswpl website and seb broomfield actually has more goals than coombes.If they can get someone in to compliment broomfield then cant see any problems.I'm sure there are a few players who wouldn't mind being part of that side,have heard good things about the team spirit and style of play.

Heard this is true. Good signing for parkway in their push for promotion and challenging bodmin to the title, a big loss for St Blazeys attacking force. If you consider all competitions Red Dev, coombes has about 26 goals in about 29 games including 2 hat-tricks + more in the vase and another hat-trick in the senior cup - more than broomfield.

I have heard lately that there has been some sort of uproar from the players over the managers tactics especially after their game against elburton, could this be one of the reasons that the lad has left.

All the young lads there seem to have a close bond from previously playing together at Argyle, so lets just hope coombes leaving doesn't have a domino effect!

Ah fair enough I did wonder if it included cup goals.Not saying blazey wont miss him as there are few players around that have his physical presence along with the mobility aswell.Sure he will be a good signing for parkway just as I'm sure that life will go on at st blazey,aslong as no others follow through the exit door.