Cornwall Football Forum

Reg Jenkins passed away on Tuesday

Reg was manager of Bodmin Town in the early 1980's. He even made several appearances as a player for the club at the age of 42. Everyone at Bodmin Town that remembers Reg sends their sincere condolences to his family and friends at this very sad time. Reg was a true gentleman and his humour and football knowledge will be sorely missed. R.I.P.

Had the pleasure of working with Reg when he came to manage Bodmin,he was from the old school and was a true Gentleman.He always had a smile on his face and a witty comment.One of his famous sayings when things were going against him was " I think I must have killed a robin to get this much bad luck". He came to a club that had only 4/5 players after the previous manager had left and had to build a new squad on a very shoestring budget,hence when the team was short he would pull on a shirt.He scored two goals in the Senior Cup one year against St.Dominick at Priory Park and they were two peaches shooting home from outside the box he was 42 at the time but was running around like a man half his age!He was assisted by Barrie Stephens from Torpoint another lovely bloke who put in a lot of time and effort into the Club,this was years before there was a Clubhouse and after many Home games we would drive to Bugle F.C. for a team pint!!

Although the team were struggling at the bottom of the League and not getting many results,his players would give him everything and what they lacked in skill they certainly made up for with effort.

Met him a few times after he had finished with football and he was just the same,with that cheeky grin!

R.I.P. Reg, Condolences to his family.

i remember Reg from my millbrook days 84 85 86 allways hard to please him even if you had a stormer he would still find fault .such high demands and high standards with Reg he wouldnt have it any other way great man allways gave good advice. he once said to me i like greedy players it means they can keep the ball . R. I. P . REG camers x loved the french trips plouidair

I was lucky to play in the same team as Reg and also in teams he managed.A more honest and humble person I have ever met. When he returned from Rochdale{119 league goals in 305 games} he was one of the main instigators of getting Millbrook into the south western league.He done a lot of the work in helping build the clubhouse and was always working on the pitch.he will be sorely missed by everyone who knew him.He was voted Rochdales best ever player and still is considered a hero to the fans even today and many of the local newspapers carried fributes to him.Tomorrow there will be a a tribute in Rochdales programme and a minutes applause will be held prior to their game against Chesterfield.Our thoughts are with Norma and her family at this sad time RIP Reg.