Cornwall Football Forum

Gav Coulton to Parkway ?

I'm not so sure Gav Coulton would leave Saltash United for more money. How much more would he get paid? I would imagine it wouldn't be a significant amount if it was.

I can see only two reason for Gav to leave Saltash United.

1. He feels the ambitions of Plymouth Parkway are greater than those of Saltash United.

2. He considers a change of clubs could "freshen" him up.

I for one hope he remains at Saltash United.

I'm not so sure Gav Coulton would leave Saltash United for more money. How much more would he get paid? I would imagine it wouldn't be a significant amount if it was.

I can see only two reason for Gav to leave Saltash United.

1. He feels the ambitions of Plymouth Parkway are greater than those of Saltash United.

2. He considers a change of clubs could "freshen" him up.

I for one hope he remains at Saltash United.

Or 3. In these times of economical uncertainty he can no longer afford the £1.50 for the bridge

To be fair to him I've seen saltash a couple of times this year and thought that he was one of the most prominent players in both games,particularly when playing in centre midfield.There arent many centre midfielders in the league that have his powerful runs and ability to burst past players.Think you find that most transfers that happen in this league are a result of players talking to other players more than the managers going out and scouting.Just the way I see it.

You only have to look at the players that have joined Saltash, they are all his little group of friends. No way in a million years was gav ever going to leave saltash, it was just a way of creating attention again. The boy loves dramas, and this is just another in a long long list....and it wont be the last.

Edited by Dave Deacon
Personal accusation

At the risk of starting a whole new debate here, but why should money ever come into it at this level?

Clubs should not be massaging the egos of 'amateur' players by offering an extra £10 or £20 in their boot at the end of the match. It's ridiculous.

Gavin Coulton is a very good player. Whether he is a effective now as he would a couple of seasons ago is another debate. The fact is he remains a very good player who has been 'loyal' to Saltash for a number of seasons. I'd be very disappointed if I were a Saltash official and Gav moved to Parkway over money. What happened to team spirit, commitment, loyalty and having a crac? Personally, I think he will remain at Saltash.

I think the Herald article suggesting that Gav was mulling over a move to Parkway, was engineered by Parkway themselves. A seven-day notice of approach does not necessarily mean the player is going to come... I think it smacks of a little arrogance on Parkway's part. Not everyone is going to jump at the chance to join the yellow revolution!

Alot of players at this level need to understand and realise that this is the South West Peninsula League. They are amateur players. Not professionals. I can't believe the amount of ego-massaging that goes on at this level and players moving around for money. Get real gents. Play because you enjoy it!!

sparky has been personal against john scholes on the ECPL thread and now gav coulton, is he against saltash as a whole???

tell all sparky

Stuart stop dramatising the situation. Just like you have said before, this forum is about opinions, and im entitled to voice mine, just as your entitled to voice yours. Concentrate on your dutchy league team pal and bush-wackering referees via the forum, your good at that.