Cornwall Football Forum

Foul and Abusive language ........RESPECT.

But you've just confirmed what I Said. What is offensive you may not be offensive to someone else. Just because YOU don't like something it doesn't mean that you are right. And vice versa. They are just words. Opinions, we all have different ones. That's why I asked if there was a list of words set out that were in the rules? I'm not saying I agree with it either way but if a player/manager charges up to a ref ranting and raving and is abusive regardless of what language is used they should be sent! If a player misses an open goal and screams F*** in frustration then common sense should prevail. If players were to get sent off for that then Nanks would have more red cards in his career than goals!!!!!

Is there a list of words anywhere that are not acceptable? So called swear words mean nothing to me because they are just WORDS, and they are in the dictionary! Surely it's the way the referees are spoken to rather than the language used that is what the respect thing is all about. In the opening statement The Bald One says he heard 'You are s****** me ref, you are an absolute f****** disgrace'. S****** and f****** are a part of everyday language nowadays. What if he'd said 'You are toying with me ref, you are an absolute nincompoop'! What's the difference? Surely it's the aggression side of it that matters and not words that offend some people and not others. Offence is taken and not given! Referees deserve respect for what they do. And the referees that get the most respect are the ones who can distinguish between frustration and abuse.

Spider , I see where you are coming from. The outburst above was said in an aggressive confrontational manner and I am sure that if this happened in a pub there may have been a fight. I think good refs do take into consideration frustration , but some of the noise from the dugouts are just not neccessary. The ref will not change his decission.

But it is not about this decision ,it is about trying to put something in the referees mind to influence the next decision . I direct you towards the undisputed master of this , Sir Alex Ferguson .

Is there a list of words anywhere that are not acceptable? So called swear words mean nothing to me because they are just WORDS, and they are in the dictionary! Surely it's the way the referees are spoken to rather than the language used that is what the respect thing is all about. In the opening statement The Bald One says he heard 'You are s****** me ref, you are an absolute f****** disgrace'. S****** and f****** are a part of everyday language nowadays. What if he'd said 'You are toying with me ref, you are an absolute nincompoop'! What's the difference? Surely it's the aggression side of it that matters and not words that offend some people and not others. Offence is taken and not given! Referees deserve respect for what they do. And the referees that get the most respect are the ones who can distinguish between frustration and abuse.

Spider , I see where you are coming from. The outburst above was said in an aggressive confrontational manner and I am sure that if this happened in a pub there may have been a fight. I think good refs do take into consideration frustration , but some of the noise from the dugouts are just not neccessary. The ref will not change his decission.

But it is not about this decision ,it is about trying to put something in the referees mind to influence the next decision . I direct you towards the undisputed master of this , Sir Alex Ferguson .

Uummm, It's all about the decision the ref has just made, not the next or the one after that. Are you on the right posting?

• 2 weeks later...