Cornwall Football Forum

Ivybridge Town - progress?

I'm new to this site.

Was wondering what people's thoughts were on Ivybridge Town and the steps the clubs has taken forward over recent years, the improvement on the pitch this season and how people see the club developing in the future.

Like all sports clubs, finances tend to dicate the speed at which these improvements can be made and Ivybridge, from what I have heard, are not exactly flush with cash this season.

Last season was very difficult for all involved at the club, but I think the improvement in results and performances this season have been dramatic. A current top 8 position would surely never have been considered back in August. Greame Kirkup seems to have galvanised the team and got them playing, but how long can we expect Kirky to stay around... he never seems all that happy to me!!

How about the pitch? The club have suffered endless postponements this season once again and while the pitch is much better than it was last season, there are still some pretty big drainage issues that don't seem to be improving. This may take time, but the club have already invested heavily in the pitch - how much more can they commit. Was the pitch installed properly in the first place?

Overall, there are some hard working and committed people working behind the scenes at Ivybridge and it is good to see them competing in the top half of the league.

Thoughts?

Ivybridge Town FC's new set up is dramatically better than the that of previous years. The only thing they lack is a clubhouse but like you said it's all dependant on money Available. They have the potential to be a force if they can attract the local community to the games with a population of 12000 or so. As for Graeme, top guy. If he cant motivate you as a player I'm not sure who will, and from what I here has good knowledge of the game. I predict a bright future for the club.

pitch will be very good in time as all new pitches take bedding in .Team has got a lot better with 7/8 new faces to spice things up .Youth teams in place and overall a well supported team as you say they could do with more supporters but most teams would like that . KIRKY great man motivater very vocal and a very nice guy to have in your changing room.Top 6 finish would be fantastic hope so for all the hard work that goes in .

My comment about Kirky never seeming all that happy was tongue in cheek. He's just passionate and very vocal, I understand that.

Yes Tricky, I think the pitch will take time to bed in, but there does seem to be a drainage issue down one side of the pitch - nearest the dugouts.

It's a very friendly club too. Always made to feel welcome. It would be great if they could attract some decent financial support to help finish off certain things and fulfil their potential. I think there are a handful of decent players coming through the youth teams too!