Cornwall Football Forum

Wadebridge Town vs Helston Athletic

Huge game for both teams knowing the 3 points will boost their chances of gaining promotion. Both teams are still to play Godolphin at home and will be hoping that Callington can take points off the Gs today.

Helston will be boosted after their midweek heroics against premier outfit Newquay with Wadebridge looking to capitalise on home advantage.

The leagues top 3 scorers all in action at Bodieve Park boasting 105 goals between them. Should prove to be a good game for the neutral!

Kick off 3pm.

Goals for Helston from Tom Russell and Mark Goldsworthy!!

Helston struggled after their Tuesday night heroics in the senior cup to get into gear! Disappointed with wadebridge!! They must of had players missing I can only assume as they were a very poor side

Goals for Helston from Tom Russell and Mark Goldsworthy!!

Helston struggled after their Tuesday night heroics in the senior cup to get into gear! Disappointed with wadebridge!! They must of had players missing I can only assume as they were a very poor side

Hit the nail on the head here. We were poor today and had no players missing. both teams cancelled each other out but some sloppy defending has cost us.

Still we need to pick ourselves up for a tough trip to Penryn next week.

Good banter with the Helston lads after the game, best of luck for your final games.

sloppy defending ? the best 3 players on the pitch for wadebridge were cookie gerks and mevs.if you look in the paper gerks got mom.the problem was 1.helston are the best team in the league 2.to many wadebridge player think they are better than what they are and think playing for themselves is the way to win a match

helston played as a team bridge did not,that the differance between the two teams.why keep putting the ball in the air for dj and paul when the helston backs were eating it up ,why try and take on the whole team when a simple 5 yrd pass would have cut out 3 players .this happened time and time again it may be harsh but the truth hurts.to many egos at the club

sloppy defending ? the best 3 players on the pitch for wadebridge were cookie gerks and mevs.if you look in the paper gerks got mom.the problem was 1.helston are the best team in the league 2.to many wadebridge player think they are better than what they are and think playing for themselves is the way to win a match

Yes sloppy defending, completely agree that gerks meths and cooky were our best players but we have still conceded 2 goals? The first goal came from a corner from a headed back pass to the keeper that was wayward and then Helston found themselves with 2 players free at the back post off the following passage of play. Defending isn't just the responsibility of the back 3 where set pieces concerned!

We play for Wadebridge not for ourselves, how can you it's a team sport?! A few of us didn't turn up yesterday and I would be the first to admit that (Shane Looker).

Enough said, we move on.

shane you are one of the most honest players i have ever met .its not a dig at you .when your facing away from goal and get a shout to head back to the goalkeeper you do not head towards the goal because you have no idea were the goal keeper is ,so that was not amistake it was the right thing to do.all im saying is a few players are more concerned with trying to look good and show how skillfull the are than digging in to get a result.as for who i am ill tell you when i see you next