Cornwall Football Forum

Wadebridge v St Dennis 19th march

I wouldn't hold your breath on this match being on because Wadebridge are far to precious about their pitch.When you consider that they were were cancelling matches as far back as October (Callington Town) it gives you some idea as to exactly how precious they they are about it. It will be a miracle if tomorrows game goes ahead.

Dave the rave you obviously know your dates so you will recall Callington postponed their fixture with Wadebridge in August so their pitch must be extra special to them.

I agree ricks, should be a good game, St Dennis are on a good run and Wadebridge will be looking to bounce back from their defeat to Helston.

I wouldn't hold your breath on this match being on because Wadebridge are far to precious about their pitch.When you consider that they were were cancelling matches as far back as October (Callington Town) it gives you some idea as to exactly how precious they they are about it. It will be a miracle if tomorrows game goes ahead.

What a dumb and pointless comment! I recall October being rather wet like most the other months!!!

10 men 4 87 mins, 9 for 34. What a game. Even when down to 10 men st dennis gave as good as they got. Could easily of been 4all at ht. Bridge scored in the 45th min to make it 2-1 to them at ht. st dennis also went 3-1 behind when they were down to 9 men, only to peg it back again to 3 each with 15 left to play. It still could of gone either way in this time and in the 90th minute u thought all their hard work was for nothing as a poor corner low to the near post was miss kicked and scuffed a couple of times b4 going in at the near post off a st dennis player i think. All over you'd think but straight away st dennis were awarded a free kick in their own half which was hit into the area and somehow ended in a 92nd min equaliser, how and who i dont know as it was a bit of a blur at the time. Great game and well done both teams for an entertaining 90 mins but extra credit to the 9/10 men of st dennis who were outstanding against 11 men. Ronnie (neutral)

Excellent entertainment for the neutral. The final goal was an og. Defender headed it past his own keeper. Can't comment on the sendings off as did not get clear view of either. Sure Carl Ricks got both the 2nd and 3rd goals.

I've said before that if St D could get a bigger squad to cope with injuries (and suspensions!) and the now congested fixture list that they could become a real force in the West. I heard tonight that covered standing is being put up so the club are showing their ambitions for the future.

Echo all the above "Well done St D" comments. Great night out.

Carl got the 1st and 3rd. Other 2 ogs. The 2nd goal was his in swinging corner which was bundled in by a bridge defender. Totally agree about the squad. But it is difficult to attract players good enough to play in this league when there isn't money for players at this stage, and bringing in younger lads is hard coz all they want week in week out is 90mins and is hard to promise them that, so they drop down to ECPL.

The lads that are here want to play for the club and have done for years, (most since duchy) so will just soldier on and take it how it comes.

Yea, the grandstand should be up in a couple weeks. We have a lot of ambition and hope to be playing swpl prem football in a few seasons. (WE HOPE) lol

Wadebridge Town 4-4 St Dennis

N Cudmore 26 C. Rickard 27, 72

P. Menhinick 45+1 OG 71, 90+3

G. Reynolds 67

OG 90

Match Attendance 81

Game had everything for the Neutral, but heart attacks for the club officials, 8 Goals, 2 Sending Off's (Mark Rowe 3 mins & Chris Brown 57 mins both for Violent Conduct) and 3 OG's. First time that I have seen a team go to a 1-8 formation after having two players sent off, (lol), but it worked, and well done to St Dennis. Good luck to the Saints for the rest of the season.

Boatys sending off was a sending off, not to sure what came over him. As for Chris browns red, I felt the ref could of had a bit of common sense, 2 players battling for the ball, it went out for a throw, both players had fell to the ground, it was handbags, more of a compition who could get up 1st, it happened to be browner, there was no foul. The ref deemed this a sending off offensse, a booking for both players and get on with the game, fair enough, but no, a red for chrissy and nothing for aimsy. Didn't make our night any easier.

Now we have a difficult few weeks ahead of us, with an already depleted squad. We are already without Scotty hill through a terrible incident, not sure when he will be back. Kyle friendship suspected ligament damage in his knee, and now we have the suspension of these to players to excitingly wait for.

My opinion. The ref last night was very poor and inconsistent, most of his decisions were questionable.

On a Possitive note for the club, the signing of young county youth player Cameron Biggood from Newquay should be done this week so hopefully he can bring a little something to the side, especially now we will have a few out in the up coming weeks.

I wondered what Cameron and his family were doing at the match but the committee member I was speaking to about him was either very cagey or not aware he was about to sign. It is difficult to keep everyone happy esp when they think they should be playing a higher standard. Most of Cameron's appearances have been for the reserves (Step8) with a few, often very short, subs appearances for the 1sts (Step6). Promising player but slightly built at the mo. May need to increase his upper body strength.

I don't agree about the comment of the referee being poor. On the whole he was very good and kept an entertaining game flowing! Both sendings off were clear cut! You cant raise your hands to an opponents face which happend on both occasions! It's simple common sense doesn't come in to it!

Wadebridge as a team will pull together as a team and bounce back strong as we still have much to play for this season.

Good luck to st Dennis for the rest of the season.

Like I said gylo, my opinion, I was never disputing boatys sending off, it was a red. But chrissy DIDN'T raise his hands at any stage, just felt it was handbags. In what was a firey entertaining game, and the ref could have just kept a cool head and at most book him. I don't think u would have had many complaints from the bridge boys if browner walked away with just a yellow.

In one respect, we caused bridge all sorts of problems with just 9 men, could have been a different story if we managed to keep 11 on the pitch.

I think bridge caused a lot of there own problems with individual errors and mistakes including myself! And I wouldn't of had a lot to say if the second red was only a yellow as I don't want to see players leaving the pitch but when you push your hand into a players face/head whilst on top of him you don't leave the ref with much choice! I guess there will be a few lessons for both teams from this match! We live and learn

I agree to a point but i am sure Cameron his doing all he can to build up his upper body strength but as we all know this takes time.I would also like to note Cameron did play 70 mins for Newquay 1st team against a Launceston side 2nd in the table at the time a game which they won 2-1,to date this is still their best result of the season,this was followed by midweek throgmorten cup match against a good Dobwalls side where he played 90 mins,Newquay won 4-1 and in both games i dont think the team suffered too much because of Camerons slightly build.Since then though with several new signings opportunities for minutes on the pitch were few and far between, hence the reason Cameron has decided to drop down a league and his grateful to St.Dennis for giving him a chance.

I wondered what Cameron and his family were doing at the match but the committee member I was speaking to about him was either very cagey or not aware he was about to sign. It is difficult to keep everyone happy esp when they think they should be playing a higher standard. Most of Cameron's appearances have been for the reserves (Step8) with a few, often very short, subs appearances for the 1sts (Step6). Promising player but slightly built at the mo. May need to increase his upper body strength.