Cornwall Football Forum

Hobbs to parkway

Article from The Western Morning News, 28th September 2012 .

Bodmin Town managerlb_icon1.png Darren Gilbert believes he can get the best out of troubled striker Glyn Hobbs as the Priory Park club aim to retain the Carlsberg South West Peninsula League Premier Division title this season.

Hobbs, widely regarded as the most gifted forward at Peninsula League level, has been held back by off-field problems and has never realised his full potential – but Gilbert has insisted that he is the manager to sort him out. He said: "Glyn knows this is his last chance to win some trophies and he says he wants to do that with us.

"He has got to prove that to me, both on and off the field. As soon as he starts causing any problems, he's gone, he knows that. We have a happy group of players at Bodmin and I'm not going to put the team spirit at risk by having somebody here who's going to upset the apple cart," Gilbert added.

"He has been at the wrong places, nobody's ever got hold of him and brought the best out of him. I will do that. We'll get him fit, for a start. He realises he's not at the top of his game at the moment, but we can work on that as long as he wants to."

• 2 weeks later...