Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL results and tables - Good Friday, March 29th 2013

Just back from watching Newquay vs Bodmin really good game in freezing conditions very impressed with Newquay Bodmin didnt really come into until Chris Luxton came on and he started to show off his skill,Carter very dissapointing think he must be saving himself for mon .Good goal by wheldon for Newquay but he looked offside from where i was but a draw was a fair result in the end .Well done Newquay

A

St.Blazey 0 - St.Austell 2 (Whetter, Reski)

Comfortable victory for St.Austell with St.Blazey not testing Peters until the 94th minute with a well struck free kick from Broomfield. St.Austell looked comfortable allowing St.Blazey to play across the midfield unable penetrate a solid defensive line.

St.Austell hit the wood work twice, and forced Painter to make a couple superb saves, with Carne also shooting wide of the target when 1 on 1 with Painter.

Great win for St.Austell. Well done.

Dobwalls 3 Vospers 2. . . . Game of two halves in cold and very blustery conditions. Vospers 2 up by half time and well worth the lead. Dobwalls didn't turn up first half at all but different story 2nd 45. Dan Lawrence scored 1st minute of 2nd period which set the tone and Jack Bartlett got the equaliser. Winner come in 85th minute through O.G after good driving run into box by Steve Tapper from right back. Got to say Vospers ran them close and on that showing will pick up a few points before end of season. They've had some heavy defeats of late and been criticised but I didn't see a lot wrong today!! Front 3 were lively and good movement and left sided centre back (No.5 I think) was excellent. If they add 2 or 3 more experienced players next season they'll push on up the league for sure. Another valuable 3 points for Dobwalls though and a good bit of character and spirit shown today. M.O.M forme was Bradley Oliver at left back.

Elburton 2 Parkway 3

I will keep this short :

A great Parkway performance in difficult conditions.

A very good tactical formation from Mr.Hilson.

A brilliant goal from Dan Smith.

A gobby home team Manager.

A good pasty.

A Parkway captain wearing his heart on his sleeve.

A dirty number 7 for Elburton.

A good set of officials who got all the big decisions right.

A good away support.

3 well earned points.

My men of the match were Will Stringer and Lance Bailey.

Well done lads.

Well done to Nanks & the lads. Nice to beat the old rivals, will be even nicer to complete the double on April 24th - hasn't been done by the Lilywhites for years. However I think Blazey will looking for revenge. Good luck to the 2nd team on Easter Monday in the Junior Cup Final.

St.Blazey 0 - St.Austell 2 (Whetter, Reski)

Comfortable victory for St.Austell with St.Blazey not testing Peters until the 94th minute with a well struck free kick from Broomfield. St.Austell looked comfortable allowing St.Blazey to play across the midfield unable penetrate a solid defensive line.

St.Austell hit the wood work twice, and forced Painter to make a couple superb saves, with Carne also shooting wide of the target when 1 on 1 with Painter.

Great win for St.Austell. Well done.

ithought the young mousehole keeper was outstanding today and made some very good saves and was also very brave .a very good crowd for such a cold day after a slow start from hayle in 1st half they controlled big parts of the second half ,mousehole fans desrve a lot of credit today as the were out in force supporting their team and next season the are in good hands with wayne and matt at the helm ,and also a great cup of tea at half time good luck for the rest of the season

Mousehole 0 Hayle 3 (Lawrence 2 Bell)

Bodmin side v Newquay - Milller, Reed, Rundle, Chambers, Morgan, Swiggs. Doel, Matthews, Carter, Slateford, Dodderidge. Subs - Luxton, Brokenshire, Gilbert, Hodge, Colwell.

Newquay Line up - Blackler, Deadman, Simcox, Sabo, David, Devine, Vercesi, Hampshire, Weldhen, Drummond, Sims. Sub used Magee.

Is that a Bodmin side resting players ?. Peppermints more than deserved the draw, just to state the bleedin obvious, and so that you can call me biased as usual, the officials were shocking... for both sides. Great game to watch, good crowd of 179 considering Bodmin brought less than 20 for a Good Friday game. I'm sure that there will be some who say that Bodmin had Monday on their minds, perhaps Newquay actually had a superb game, if you were not at Mount Wise, you'll never know.

I totally agree with that the old silver dog has still got it!!! His talking is second to none and positional sense makes it easier for him,a total pleasure to play in front and assist to manage the first team. Truely good performance by us with Tom Annear the stand out performer but all the boys did Port proud.

By all means launceston should have got something out of the game but Dave u must admit if u want to win a game you have to take your chances... And launceston did not do that. For all their huff and puff they did not create many or take their chances. Tavi had maybe 2 chances and took one. Fair play to them. With 7 first team players missing and 4 18 and unders starting this is a great result!!! How many thought tavi would even get a draw let Alone the win. Poor game to watch from both teams. Good to see a good crowd will be interesting to see who finishes where come the end of the season

How the ref has not given the penalty in the last minute for Newquay is a mystery .. Would of taken a point at the start but feel that Newquay today were the better side and I wonder how many points a season Kevin miller is worth to them..

Talk about rose coloured glasses and the referee missing a penalty, no way, and what about the offsidfe for Wheldon's goal, not given. I would suggest money man, that you get yourself busy and start raising some more money for next season because the 30k Newquay spent this season didnt get them very far did it. The Lillywhited are doing just fine without you anyway, jog on.

Missing; chitty, Rooke, Carey, Kelly (bench), Wyatt, Morris, Logan, Holmes, plus holt and lowton who play from seconds. Great result and well done to lads who stepped up, Evans, Moorhead, Northmore (4 weeks out, first game back) great performance!!!

The ref was very poor at mt wise and both sides should of had a pen Newquays mamsy sabo handled in the area and wheldon should of had a pen near the end of the match his goal was clearly offside even Wheldon himself thought he was offside but in all a really good game just good Chris Luxton didnt play from the start Helston will have a hard job to stop him hes real class .I was really dissapointed with the crowd at todays match i was there at 10 30 expecting to see a queue put nothing at all but enjoyed the match .Now onto watch Plymouth beat Exeter i hope then Saltash on monday

What was Tavistock s team please?

Meeds,Robins,Evans,A'hearne,Quinn,Davies,Hallet,Northmore,Johnson,Moorehead,Farnham.

Big fella looked good after the first 20. Bossed it at the back considering u are a p and d player?

Think its disgusting that Tavi have picked players from their 2nd team to play in their 1st s,and to add insult to injury one of them scores the winner,how many 2nd teamers played,oh sorry this is what clubs should do and it is different because they didn t come down from the 1st s to the 2nds ???????????? its nice to see 2 teams in the one club acting as one long may it continue.

St Austell deserved the win today in this local derbie. Really poor football today. Both sides a million miles from beating the likes of Bodmin to silverware. Not alot on this today as both have little to play for except a solid finish to the season. Not even a decent crowd really. Must have been around the 200 mark but nothing to write home about. Ref had a shocker in the end. Some of the desisions were laughable to both sides. Ready for the end of season now. This one has passed its sell by date.

Big game of the weekend is Argyle v City tomorrow.

Humf good to see someone recognizing a club that uses its players in that way. Tavi are definitely a side that goes up as well as down. We are one club not two teams. It shows that as a club we can use our resources!!

Camelford 2 - 2 Torpoint (1 - 0 HT)

Camels scorers: Andy Boxall and Ryan Pooley (pen)

Two penalties in 3 minutes for Torpoint totally against the run of play, turned this game around, after the Camels were leading 1 - 0 at half time and looked the more likely to score a second. Thankfully a point was salvaged late into the match after a third penalty of the game was awarded, this time to Camelford.

Camels next match Tuesday 2nd April, away to Newquay. 7.30 ko

St Austell deserved the win today in this local derbie. Really poor football today. Both sides a million miles from beating the likes of Bodmin to silverware. Not alot on this today as both have little to play for except a solid finish to the season. Not even a decent crowd really. Must have been around the 200 mark but nothing to write home about. Ref had a shocker in the end. Some of the desisions were laughable to both sides. Ready for the end of season now. This one has passed its sell by date.

Big game of the weekend is Argyle v City tomorrow.

Have to disagree with a few of your comments Paul.

Dispite losing to them twice this season, St.Austell are definitely not a million miles away from Bodmin, and I'm sure any Bodmin player will admitt they had to work extremely hard to get 6 points.

With the possibility still very realistic of finishing 3rd in the league, and competing in the FA cup next season, I would say that's certainly something to play for.

As for the ref, on the whole I didn't think he did too bad of job. He let things go as much as he could as any good ref will do in a derby. The sending off was correct. From where I was stood, Coombes clearly led with his elbow, so if not a straight red, it would've been a second yellow.

Admittedly, the football wasn't great yesterday, but I'm sure St.Austell will feel as though they 'comfortably did enough' not allowing St.Blazey to penetrate and cause any problems.

Good luck in the run in to your season, and I look forward to seeing you at Poltair.