Cornwall Football Forum

2013/14 Fixtures announced...

Amazingly, Godolphin and Newquay have been scheduled to have clashing home games on no less than 6 occasions. This was bad enough when the clubs were in different divisions, but to have two clubs just a mile apart at home on the same day is just plain crazy !
It might be possible for Newquay to ask Parkway to switch to a Friday night, they seem to prefer it at Bolitho. Elburton may also be persuaded as we have to go to them midweek again. I'm sure we can ask Saltash & Torpoint nicely if they would switch to a Friday.
Falmouth on a Friday night would be a big draw, again we will have been to Bickland midweek two seasons running, although I can't see Cullompton wanting to switch.
A bit of work for our Secretary methinks.

Usual number of stupid midweek games to the other end of the county for a few teams. I know it's impressive getting the fixtures out so quickly but when you have Plymouth based teams travelling to likes of cullumpton and witheridge midweek then playing another Plymouth based team at the weekend does not make any sense at all.

Well Done on getting the fixtures out early Phil. However I can't help noticing that St Austell have only one home match in their first five games and then have four consecutive home league matches in November & December ( a Cornwall Senior Cup home match could make it FIVE) and then complete the season with three consecutive home league matches in April ! I haven't looked at the number of home clashes with St Blazey yet as I do know some people often watch both teams.

Great start for Bovey in August after Torpoint they play elburton away then parkway home on a tuesday then bodmin away and finish with saltash at home. Easy 12 points there!

Then hopefully Roger comes back to haunt you in the Throgmorton Cup!! :o:thumbsup:

Amazingly, Godolphin and Newquay have been scheduled to have clashing home games on no less than 6 occasions. This was bad enough when the clubs were in different divisions, but to have two clubs just a mile apart at home on the same day is just plain crazy !
It might be possible for Newquay to ask Parkway to switch to a Friday night, they seem to prefer it at Bolitho. Elburton may also be persuaded as we have to go to them midweek again. I'm sure we can ask Saltash & Torpoint nicely if they would switch to a Friday.

I can't see Saltash wanting to do too many favours for Newquay anytime soon!

Why is that, Saltash seem to have half of last seasons Newquay squad at Kimberley, no problem from this end. If you commenting on Alan Carey, then just come out and say so... then read what he has to say on the subject here... http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/newquay/News/view/775200

To save you the bother of reading all the facts, I have highlighted the relevant points you are looking for.

He said: "I think it is important to know that I had originally accepted the job at Saltash, but my partner has not been very well over the last five years fighting cancer. As I accepted the job at Saltash she had a scan literally the following day. We then had a report to go back again and this made me very, very nervous.

"I then turned around and told them that I couldn't take the job. I think it is very important that people know my reasons for turning down that job. "My reasons for taking the Newquay job is that we eventually got some quite good results through, so we are really delighted about that."

Anything else you would like to add Mr Dudley ?

Boveytracey1....what happened?????? Don't worry...not on a public forum! When I resigned I said...if you do the same thing you will get the same result!....if you expect a different result....you'll be considered mad! :)

It has been highlighted stuart why Mr.Carey excepted then changed his mind..ask a couple of your ex-players at saltash..it is because his usual crop of players decided it was to far to travel & that he was worried he may have to actually `manage` ie bring in players without abig budget at saltash & try to entice new players to the club instead of the chaps that usully follow him around for the Loot!!! He knew he couldnt `attract anyone that far up` so to speak & decided that circumstances would prevent him from doing so..

It has been highlighted stuart why Mr.Carey excepted then changed his mind..ask a couple of your ex-players at saltash..it is because his usual crop of players decided it was to far to travel & that he was worried he may have to actually `manage` ie bring in players without abig budget at saltash & try to entice new players to the club instead of the chaps that usully follow him around for the Loot!!! He knew he couldnt `attract anyone that far up` so to speak & decided that circumstances would prevent him from doing so..

this is the second thread that you have stated that Alan has a crop of players that follow him from club to club, name me some of these players that played at Bodmin Mullion and Falmouth.to help you out I'll give you one Sean Flynn, some how I don't think we will here from you

Well Done on getting the fixtures out early Phil. However I can't help noticing that St Austell have only one home match in their first five games and then have four consecutive home league matches in November & December ( a Cornwall Senior Cup home match could make it FIVE) and then complete the season with three consecutive home league matches in April ! I haven't looked at the number of home clashes with St Blazey yet as I do know some people often watch both teams.

St Austell & St Blazey home games coincide on 5 occasions next season.

Ah yes, I missed that one due to my Op, but was told within seconds of the 'incident' not happening, that no one did anything at all, although the biggest cheer of the night could be heard at the other end of the county when someone missed a penalty. Still, I'm not sure that the game actually went ahead !

Python, this is boring now, i know its correct...but to keep you quiet i have done abit of research, made afew calls & have come up with afew that have played at both bodmin then falmouth under him, Sean Flynn, Daniel O`hagan, Ryan Fice, lee coxon, jason chapman, karl turner, Robin teagle, glen squires, Matty Laity, think even his son robbo had acouple of pre-season games for bodmin many moons ago then went on to falmouth if memory serves. cant imagen to many, if any have turned out at Mullion for him though. So python i hope this helps you. Also there are afew of the lads that are approached each season by him & duly refuse the big packages on offer. But hey, we are the champions!!!!!