Cornwall Football Forum

Ivybridge Town First Team looking for friendlies

Ivybridge Town first team have been let down with a couple of potential friendlies so are looking for a couple of AWAY games in early July. Preferably against SWPL Div 1 East/West or ECPL.

Get in touch through contact details in handbook or SWPL website. Failing that, get in touch with me and I can pass on info.

Jon Rosevear

Ivybridge Town FC U18s Manager

07971 327052

jonrosevear@hotmail.com

It wouldn't be fair to mentioned the teams who have let us down, as I am sure there are good reasons for doing so.

As for new signings, yes there are one or two! But again, I don't think that's for me to announce!! ;-) I am sure Nicky, Mark and Ryan would not thank me for that. Like most teams though, the squad doesn't really start taking shape for another couple of weeks... unless you have a few quid to splash of course!!

All i will say is that the U18 lads who have been involved in preseason so far have enjoyed it. It has been VERY hard work, but I think all 3 squads (Firsts, Reserves and U18s) will reap the benefits in the weeks to come... and it makes it all the more enjoyable once the balls do eventually come out!!!

Ivybridge Town first team now have the following preseason fixtures arranged, although I know that Nick and his team are looking for one or two more if anyone can accomodate between the dates shown.

Tue 16 July - Dobwalls (Away) 6.45pm

Sat 27 July - Budleigh Salterton (Away) 3.00pm

Sat 3 Aug - Galmpton United (Away) 3.00pm

Wed 7 Aug - Truro City Reserves (Away) 7.30pm

If you can help, get in touch through the handbook, website or contact me and I will pass on the info.

www.ivybridgefc.com

• 2 weeks later...

First Team friendly v Dobwalls on Tuesday 16 July has been cancelled.

The lads could really do with a game or two between now and their next scheduled friendly on 27 July. If anyone can help, please get in touch and I will pass details on to Brian Howard and the First Team Management.

Sadly, due to pitch maintenance at Erme Valley ahead of us hosting the SWPL Charity Day on 4 August, we can only consider away friendlies.

Jon Rosevear

jonrosevear@hotmail.com

07971 327052