Cornwall Football Forum

Bovey Tracey Pre Season shaping up well with new signings

BOVEY TRACEY MANAGER Ryan German has today confirmed the signings of Attacking Midfielders Lee Smyth and Tom Kelly from Minehead and Elmore respectively. In the past couple of hours Aaron Cowell has also signed. Check their interviews in the coming days first at www.boveytraceyafc.co.uk

Kelly has played under German at previous clubs and both he and Smyth announced that German's style of play and ability to develop players' performance was a major factor in signing.

German is still looking to add two or three more signings to strengthen last season's squad. Most players have pledged their committment before pre season commences on 2nd July and German is waiting on a few more.

The 2013/14 preparations will see players put through their paces with a tough fitness regime to build up match fitness and be focused. German wants more consistancy in the teams performances if they are to improve their League position instead of lingering at the wrong end of the table for another season.

The Moorlanders have confirmed their schedule of pre season friendlies which starts at Ilfracombe. One week later, a trip to Minehead FC is followed a week later away to East Division side Appledore and West Division side Foxhole Stars visit Bovey at the start of August with a date set to be confirmed. German will have plenty of time to gather his review of things before Friday 9th August when Bovey Tracey host Torpoint Athletic in the very first Carlsberg South West Peninsula Premier Division game of the season at Mill Marsh Park.

German has improved Bovey's style of play and togetherness with his backroom staff of Micky Hunt and Rob Holman as German's number two and goalkeeping coach respectively. Physiotherapist Cory Dowdell will ensure the players remain in peak condition throughout.

German will hope for more performances similar to the 3-0 midweek home defeat of eventual runners up Plymouth Parkway back in March. Parkway and champions Bodmin Town will again visit Mill Marsh Park after both did not take up the chance of promotion to the Western League.

The UK's biggest Cup competition The FA Cup also awaits Bovey. After a final day 1-1 draw against Falmouth Town, The Moorlanders secured the 40 points required to enter.
The Torquay Herald Express and our website will update readers more on events in pre season leading up to the first game of the season.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Saturday 13 July Away v Ilfracombe, 3pm

Saturday 20 July Away v Minehead, 3pm

Saturday 27 July Away v Appledore, 3pm

TBC Home v Foxhole Stars

What are you thinking Pugwash? Players have not left. All players are staying on and few on still on holidays so haven't been able to communicate back.

If I was Ryan German you would of known by now with the forum username. Ryan sometimes posts online under his own name. I do the website and media and also write for Torquay Herald Express so in answer to that 2nd question. No!

What are you thinking Pugwash? Players have not left. All players are staying on and few on still on holidays so haven't been able to communicate back.

If I was Ryan German you would of known by now with the forum username. Ryan sometimes posts online under his own name. I do the website and media and also write for Torquay Herald Express so in answer to that 2nd question. No!

If you look at the transfer link on Nemesis post ,there are 5 Bovey players showing as transfered to Newton Abbott Spurs.

Dave, this is an email I received from Steve dated 1st July. This was when I replied to his message sent via out website asking for pictures of our ground. This was after I had published the game as August 3rd on our website and also changed for the newspaper but he reckons that the date had been changed.

Both clubs need to sort this out and get back to me.

"Hello Mike. We have a 58 seat bus coming. Players & guests ect. I believe the date has been changed as well. I will check things out and reply again. Steve. "

Thats right Bovey7. Any players who play for newton abbot in east peninsula can still play for our seconds Pugwash, so nobody has left else I would of reported that on our website.

You can check all of our players on www.boveytraceyafc.co.uk

Dave, can u confirm the new time for me cheers

Thats right Bovey7. Any players who play for newton abbot in west peninsula can still play for our seconds Pugwash, so nobody has left else I would of reported that on our website.

You can check all of our players on www.boveytraceyafc.co.uk

Dave, can u confirm the new time for me cheers

Ah , that explains that. I thought you had a good second half to the season . If you are strengthening , it is looking good for you.

Love the comments on here. Great forum, never fails to keep everyone updated :-)! I like the enthusiasm and confidence from players, but I would just like to make it clear; me, Micky and any other coach on the Bovey Tracey Management Team are far from thinking that a top 6 finish will be easy. It is a tough league, have an off day and you'll get beaten (no matter who the opposition is). We are just aiming to improve on last season. Anything else a Bonus. We know that this season there will be NO weak teams. Looking forward to it though as always :-) Good Luck everyone. BTAFC