Cornwall Football Forum

Buckland Athletic v Plymouth Parkway.

Buckland 0 Parkway 2. ( Lewis , Heveran ),

An excellent performance by the new look Parkway squad last night against a strong Buckland team.

We went in half time 1 nil up through a well placed header from Dan Lewis. I would say we controlled the game up to this point 60 / 40. Young Dan Hart in the centre of midfield had an outstanding game.

For a youngster of 19 he is calm , cool and very skillful. I look forward to seeing him progress as a first team player this season. The second half started with Buckland on the attack , but the back three of Coulton , Stringer and Landricombe held their ground and Elphick in goal did not look like letting any goals in. Paul Heveran increased Parkways lead midway through the second half with a well struck direct freekick. Overall this was a great Parkway performance and I have to admit the 3 - 5 - 2 looked good tonight.

Looking good for the new season. Keep it up lads and well done.

Gav , I can not believe you tried to claim that goal lol :drink:

The team was

K.Griffiths

Drew

Gaze (Missed a pen, hasn't landed yet)

Green

Jeannin

D. Griffiths

Carter

Mitchell

Havlin

Webber

Micklewright

Subs

Si Revell

Hammond

Roles

Harrison-White

Head

Players missing (as with all teams)

Booth

McAuley

M Revell

Bowker

Burgess

Lam

Agree that parkway looked very good last night, and the back 3 were very strong, Levi Landricombe was a constant threat and will be up in the top scorers list at the end of the season.

It was a good chance to see last night from our prospective how the players from the reserves last year would do,( the names in bold, D Griffiths was reserves before he went to PP), but parkway never let us get into the game.

As with all teams people are away, but we had 4 strong players missing(no excuses), but no doubt Parkway had some as well.

I'm hoping to see a stronger side against Saltash on sat, as the season will soon be upon us.

Was great to see Danny Lewis again, legendary status with me, just for the Falmouth goal, which put us back in the driving seat for the title a few years ago.

I'm sure Parkway will be the team to beat this season as they looked strong and orginised throughout, and maybe we will be able to lock horns again, the season after in the Western lge