Cornwall Football Forum

Plymouth Parkway

I see looking on the South West peninsular league website that Parkway lost two nil at Stoke Gabriel last night, who play their football in division one East. Considering their previous results which I have been following [as I like many others tip them for the championship]. So was this their first-team or a mixture or did they just have an off night or the other answer could be Stoke Gabriel are very good side.

This was not their strongest line up and had 3 young lads on the bench. However , this line up should realy be beating the likes of Stoke Gabriel( no disrespect intended ).

I would put this result in the catagorie of an off night.

Parkway had 2 very contentious goals disallowed for offside within the first 10 minutes. But that is how it goes sometimes.

Do not take anything away from Stoke , as they were in Parkways face all game. Well played.

I think Parkway had one eye on this Sundays game against Bodmin.

Cmon Parkway.

General opinion puts the most likely top two this season as Parkway and St.Austell - after last nights results maybe those predictions will be revised!

However, looks like St.Austell had several out (and it seems an off night) and probably similar for Parkway. When the season gets going in earnest i think (and hope!) that both teams will be up near the top. In fact, those results might do them no harm in the long run.

People, if Stoke were in the premier they would easily be top 4, they have a good budget and will win the east division this season.

That result is not a shock result, if Parkway want to win the premier this season they need to be consistent throughout the season, I do believe Parkway and St Austell will be the teams to beat.

think parkway expect to walk the league after seeing bodmin are not the club they were . still think st austell and saltash if they can keep hold of players, will be up there . slow start for the parkway strikers looking at pre season results . pretty solid at back but will be relying on richards again ??