Cornwall Football Forum

Camelford 6-0 St Dennis

Great game of football tonight.

Camelford more fitter and quicker than their counterparts. Few excellent goals including a fantastic free kick in the first half.

Camelford midfield worked really hard on and off the ball and the attackers worked well together creating and feeding each other with attempts.

St Dennis played some good times but were forced to go long most of the game and lost all but one or two arial battles.

About 30 turned up to watch the game despite rain late on. However, the refereeing standards for next season need to be improved drastically. A young referee tonight could not keep up with play, unable to spot blatant fouls by both sides to be fair to both. Linesmans did well at times despite St Dennis having used an injured player to run line as their club lino was not present.

The linesman on the camelford back four had a good first half but made wrong calls in the second half. Strikers played through to score leave the pass allowing other players to chase it instead. Linesman put his flag up everytime when clearly he needs to wait for five-ten seconds before raising flag, and he was wearing the cornwall fa badge so should know better.

To cap it all off the referee sent off a st dennis player for accumilating a second yellow card. One for a foul the other for kicking ball away and calling linesman a cheat for the incident above.

A very good encounter, Camelford and Godolphin will play good football starting next week. St Dennid need to work on shape, first touch and pressing early.

Not too sure pal but i know gusterton cane off brnch second half and josh insley had a good game. Former player from your wadebridge side signed and was a menace with good build up play and think got a goal - dale jennings?

Only £2 to get in as well

It was 5-0 not 6 lol ha and I ran the line, something I hate doing.

Not to sure If we turned up tonight, camelford were sharp and destroyed us at times, was horrid to watch, but they are a decent side and is always a good fixture for us, as their pitch tonight also looking immense, hated not playing.

Nice to get the shite performance out the way in friendlies and hopefully we can see the negatives from tonight's game and build on it.

Hope camelford have a decent season, top bunch of lads, so good luck from all us at St Dennis,

Saints side was - 1. Allen 2. Muzzy 16. Rowe 8. Hill - 3. Bird 11. Friendship 4. Hawke © 17. Hayhurst 6. S.Brown - 10. C.Ricks 7. C.Brown subs (all used) - 15. Morrison 9. Hugh 12. J.Rowe 14. Bidgood and 13. Dammerll

Goals for camelford - pooley 2, Insly, Jennings and not sure on number 9s name

Interesting scoreline! must have been an off night for St.Dennis.

Buster, you're obviously a Camels fan, I played for sticker on Tuesday night and believe me, we weren't to bothered about the result, it was all about the performance. Our shape was superb, we played football kept the ball well and showed we wouldn't be intimidated by the Camels rough'em up tactics used when they realised they weren't getting anywhere! Considering we had a few second team players, two sixteen year olds( Jack Boardman scored the winner)and a 41 year old playing at the back, I think we deserved to be pleased! Probably not a good night for the Camels and after playing St.Austell, I wouldn't be to optamistic for the new season. hope for Camels sake i'm wrong, best of luck for the season.

Camelford 5-0 St Dennis

Camelford line up

Colwill

Carhart Haynes Beesley Andrew

Williams Insley Murt Pooley

Billy Hopcroft Harry Hopcroft

Subs Gusterson, Jennings

Scorers

Pooley x2 (2 top class freekicks)

Harry hopcroft (first goal for Camelford, 25 yard screamer, set up by his brother billy)

Insely

Jennings

sorry do not no St Dennis team

Camelford where missing, Sandercock, Sleep, Balsdon, Box, Moth, Flew and Frohlick

Camelford played alot of good football tonight, with 3 great individual goals, 1 from Harry Hopcroft and 2 from Pooley and with another 2 well worked team goals. Along with a new look defence who stuffed out any danger from the St Dennis, Camelford took a comfortable victory.

After Tuesday slip up against Sticker (who I think are still celebrating their win ;-) ) tonight was a much better performance and more importantly another good workout for The Camels ahead of next weeks first league game

#UpTheCamels

Interesting scoreline! must have been an off night for St.Dennis.

Buster, you're obviously a Camels fan, I played for sticker on Tuesday night and believe me, we weren't to bothered about the result, it was all about the performance. Our shape was superb, we played football kept the ball well and showed we wouldn't be intimidated by the Camels rough'em up tactics used when they realised they weren't getting anywhere! Considering we had a few second team players, two sixteen year olds( Jack Boardman scored the winner)and a 41 year old playing at the back, I think we deserved to be pleased! Probably not a good night for the Camels and after playing St.Austell, I wouldn't be to optamistic for the new season. hope for Camels sake i'm wrong, best of luck for the season.

Camelford 5-0 St Dennis

Camelford line up

Colwill

Subs Gusterson, Jennings

Scorers

Harry hopcroft (first goal for Camelford, 25 yard screamer, set up by his brother billy)

Insely

Jennings

Camelford where missing, Sandercock, Sleep, Balsdon, Box, Moth, Flew and Frohlick

Camelford played alot of good football tonight, with 3 great individual goals, 1 from Harry Hopcroft and 2 from Pooley and with another 2 well worked team goals. Along with a new look defence who stuffed out any danger from the St Dennis, Camelford took a comfortable victory.

After Tuesday slip up against Sticker (who I think are still celebrating their win ;-) ) tonight was a much better performance and more importantly another good workout for The Camels ahead of next weeks first league game

#UpTheCamels

Must have been a different team which played against Sticker as they weren't that impressive, maybe they had an off night!

Camelford 5-0 St Dennis

Camelford line up

Colwill

Subs Gusterson, Jennings

Scorers

Insely

Jennings

#UpTheCamels

Can't read too much into friendlies, I doubt whether Sticker are as good as Camelford and i know that St Dennis are not 5 0 worse than the Camels so i would take both results with a pinch of salt. Arguably Camels had a stronger team against Sticker. Match fitness is the main thing. As for using St Austell as a benchmark to be optimistic I reckon if they keep their squad they could win the league this year. Camels optimistic of top 6 finish, St Dennis and Sticker won't be far away in the west.