Cornwall Football Forum

Dave Gardner Final Day

Falmouth beat Porthleven 5 - 2. Not sure of the line-ups or scorers, so I won't guess. I am sure that someone will post the details later. Hope that a good sum was raised for the charities.

1-0 10m Morgan Vajello

2-0 18m Jamie Webb

3-0 38m Paul Cox

ht

3-1 68m Port'No.17?

3-2 72m Port'No.17?

4-2 77m Own Goal Port'No.5?

5-2 88. Ed Timmins

Falmouth lineup-Dan Burrows-James Greet-Lee Jeffrey-Jamie Webb-Joe Cooper-Tom Whipp ©-Ed.Timmins-Ross Pope-Paul Cox-Darren Friend-Morgan Vajello-

Subs S Floyd Norris for Burrows 65m

Referee Paul Windle

Could someone confirm the Porthleven goalscorers or even better the lineup

Port squad-

Matt Quick

Jeremy Brown

Chris Wormington

Tom Annear

Luke Hunter

Jowan Shainberg

Liam Hunter

Matt Best

Sam Kay

Matt Dawson

Jordan Annear

Freddie Williams

Aaron Orchard

Jed McCardy

Tom Haywood

Rhys Allen

Port Scorers- Aaron Orchard

Own goal Falmouth Gk

A good pre-season work out for all concerned and to play in a tournament to a well respected local footballer. Well played PZ today, good to see you back on the up. Helston suffered today from injuries and unavailabilities so to say we were 'cocky' was slightly wide of the mark, we'll see what happens when the real action starts! Good luck to all.

Well done to John and the players on their tournament win . Shows things can be turned around with commitment and the right people involved.By my reckoning 20 players used in the 3 games so defo a squad victory.Early days yet but some good young players there now so can only hope they realise their potential.

As some young lads asked about 50 years ago when they played "where we heading John",? Lennon,s reply was "to the top boys" you never know :):yahoo:

Made the trip down to Helston and it was definitely worth it. I understand that both Helston and Penzance were missing players but you can't take anything away from the performance that Penzance put in. I think Helston thought they were going to walk it, but that's just my opinion. The two 17 year olds in Callum George and Jamie Payne had a good second half down the right hand side for Penzance and I don't think Ben Gadson ever stopped running? Good luck to both sides for the coming season, I can see them both having a good season.

Falmouth beat Porthleven 5 - 2. Not sure of the line-ups or scorers, so I won't guess. I am sure that someone will post the details later. Hope that a good sum was raised for the charities.

1-0 10m Morgan Vajello

2-0 18m Jamie Webb

3-0 38m Paul Cox

ht

3-1 68m Port'No.17?

3-2 72m Port'No.17?

5-2 88. Ed Timmins

Falmouth lineup-Dan Burrows-James Greet-Lee Jeffrey-Jamie Webb-Joe Cooper-Ed.Timmins-Ross Pope-Paul Cox-Darren Friend-Morgan Vajello-

Referee Paul Windle

One player missing Mike?

Port squad-

Matt Quick

Jeremy Brown

Chris Wormington

Tom Annear

Luke Hunter

Jowan Shainberg

Liam Hunter

Matt Best

Sam Kay

Matt Dawson

Jordan Annear

Freddie Williams

Aaron Orchard

Jed McCardy

Tom Haywood

Rhys Allen

Port Scorers- Aaron Orchard

Own goal Falmouth Gk

Think this side will really struggle this season, a lot of them haven't proven themselves at combo level yet alone SW-best of luck though, some good lads there, and sure Annear, Hunter and co are the right ones to do a job. All the best.

Well done to all the teams on the Dave Gardener trophy, real worthy cause. Congratulations to Penzance, hope you manage some stability and have a successful season.

1-0 10m Morgan Vajello

2-0 18m Jamie Webb

3-0 38m Paul Cox

ht

3-1 68m Port'No.17?

3-2 72m Port'No.17?

5-2 88. Ed Timmins

Falmouth lineup-Dan Burrows-James Greet-Lee Jeffrey-Jamie Webb-Joe Cooper-Ed.Timmins-Ross Pope-Paul Cox-Darren Friend-Morgan Vajello-

Referee Paul Windle

One player missing Mike?

Steve winnan?

1-0 10m Morgan Vajello

2-0 18m Jamie Webb

3-0 38m Paul Cox

ht

3-1 68m Port'No.17?

3-2 72m Port'No.17?

5-2 88. Ed Timmins

Referee Paul Windle

One player missing Mike?

Good spot Nigel-It was Tom Whipp