Cornwall Football Forum

Charity Bowl / Vase

Bodmin : Miller, Reed, Jewell, chambers, Morgan, Bance, Ludlam, Hawkins, Hodge, Doel, Matthews.

Subs : Lindsay (on for Doel), Drummond (on for Hawkins)

Parkway : Elphick, Heveran, Landricombe M , Coulton, Stringer , Bonney, Colwell, Hart, Lewis, Hicks & Levi Landricombe

Subs - Richards (on for Hicks), Hillson (on for Dart)

Sailed the good ship the Black Pig up the Ivy yesterday. Great performance from the G. They will upset many this season.

Stayed for most of the second game , then got bored. Not sure I saw a league winner in the second game.

Was also not sure who the Plymouth Manager was ,as they were all up from the bench shouting instructions ? ( most of the game ).

Do you really need to be telling players constantly how to play during the game at this level and that they just did a poor pass ?

Thought I saw me olde mate Long John Silver in the Bodmin dug out ?

Will be an interesting season this year.

Not always shouting , but telling them how to play.

That was rubbish !

You got to do better than that !

You are better than that !

You're killing us !

Fu..... shoot !

What was that !

Mostly non - constructive and negative.

Sounds like the normal shouts from a parkway bench!

Surely if you encouraged your players instead of slating them they would perform better.

I'm not saying Molly coddle them but the more you jump down there throat its going to worse.

Better man management needed if you ask me!

Got to hand it to Darren Gilbert, the lad knows how to win big games and win trophies!! He has had most of his better and most influential players from last season taken from him in the last 2 months and the team havent had the best of results recently but you could see he had his team fired up for this one and there were probably few who thought they would get a result. Keeping Kevin Miller is his best signing as the bloke is by far the best keeper in the league and is a match winner in his own right. Parkway look to have to many big time players in the team who want to be the main men, they are good players dont get me wrong but can they gell as a team and will the Parkway management be able to keep them all happy, time will tell. Good luck to both teams this season.

Parkway would have won this if not for Kevin Miller . He pulled off 6 world class saves during a 10 minute spell in the second half .

The main conclusions I would draw from this game are ;

1 . Parkway have a lot of new signings , and they are still settling in .

2 . Not convinced by the Parkway 3-5-2 formation .

3 . Do not write Bodmin off this season .

It always makes me laugh when someone says "we'd have won if it wasnt for thier keeper" :)

When we played Parkway the other week, the new players looked to have settled in nicely, i was very impressed particuarly with the back 3, Capt Stringer is as good as it gets at this level, regardless of yesterday's result i would make Parkway title favourites IMO

Im not a fan of 3-5-2 personally but it can be very effective providing you make the most of your numerical advantage down the middle, which they did against us.

I dont know much about Bodmin, i have seen/heard lots of players leaving, but after yesterday's efforts youd have to say write them off at your peril!

Good luck to all this season

Bodmin have suprised a few doubters, before hand it was parkway this and that - but even with a new look and the most expensive team in the league Parkway came up short. Bodmin and Gilby are no wannabes, they have great experience and know how to win games. Interesting Richards on the bench and chances missed I think he would of been a better choice to start. Bodmin showed real grit and looked like they were playing for the manager. Good to hear no one moaning at the ref ! first silverware to Bodmin, well done Gilby and Bodmin. And also Godolphin, strong performance, look out swpl top 6 finish.

keeping that team happy at parkway will be the big question .cant see players being happy on the bench . could have done with krac and carter at the club, both local lads, and that would have swung the title towards parkway by a distance . guess money wasnt there for them or they just wanted to play higher standard ??

Hopes of Truro signing Chris Luxton have been complicated by his injury -Medial ligament damage which will keep him out of football for several months.

According to "This is Cornwall sport"

Really sorry for the lad, if there is one player that deserves a chance at bigger things, it is Chrissy. Hope that he gets back to full fitness and playing sooner rather than later.

I was at the game on Sunday and in my opinion Parkway were the better team on the day they certainly won the midfield and were far more creative than Bodmin, who relied heavily on the brillaince of Kevin Miller to keep them in the game with several outstanding reaction saves. At the other end Ben Elphick was only called into action once to tip over a long range Header from Hodge which bounced up alarmingly, the Bodmin goal came from a superb Ludlam Free kick. Bodmin will be there or thereabouts again, their resilliance is without question but on the evidence of Sunday I can't see where the goals are coming from, Parkway will be frustrated to have lost on penalties but should be delighted with the ninety minutes that preceeded the shoot out. I have read the various posts with interest and quite why people knock Parkway is beyond me they are without doubt a talented squad and the next logical step for them is to try and win the League so how can this be achieved if they don't strengthen from last season? This they have done but the hard bit will be to blend the various new players into a consistent winning team whilst keeping everybody happy and be equipped to go to St.Austell away, in deepest winter, on a wet, cold day and come home unbeaten. If the management can achieve this they will be a force to be reckoned with. Bodmin will once again come close but do need to sort the goalscoring situation

Need another centre half as well I think. I think there ok up front but Richards isn't the type of stricker Levi needs upfront with him there too similar

wheaher they can form a decent partnership only time will tell but as a Parkway fan it should be Levi isn't the type of striker Ryan needs upfront with him !!!!!!