Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay AFC Relegation candidates ?

Newquay will not get relegate but there doesnt seem to be the togethernes as a team of last year i think they will end up 8th in the league they wont go down when they have a player like Paul Hampshire in the team .Godolphin will be the team to watch this year they play with smiles on there faces and they play as a team it will be interesting to see how they got on with there 1st 2 matches of Bodmin and st austell i can see them beating Bodmin because they are not a patch on last years team but with Kevin Miller in goal i will still go for them to win the league

Wendron side: Scoffin, Rowbury, Madeley, M Brewer, Roberts, Macintosh, S Brewer, Rose, Searle, Wort, Ambrose, Tresidder, Moseley, Care, Allen, young Roy Nancholas came on up front and scored the third goal, he looks a find!

Whilst Trudge was named as sub, he didn't play. Perhaps there is a transfer in the pipeline.

I'm sure that the club, Management and players will all be hoping to do well this season, the supporters hope to gain enough points per game to qualify for the FA Cup next season, and remain a Premier club. If Liskeard do pull out as Dartmouth did last season, perhaps only one club to go down again, I can't see Newquay finishing bottom.

Liskeard wont fold, if they did (which they wont) why on earth would they forfit their peninsula premier side for the reserves? Its been stated that the club are not in a perilous financial position, just needs more clubmen to help with the running of the place. First team affairs always takes priority, maybe if the 2nd team were to fold would that free up more personal to help out in the club concentrating on just the one side?

Liskeard wont fold, if they did (which they wont) why on earth would they forfit their peninsula premier side for the reserves? Its been stated that the club are not in a perilous financial position, just needs more clubmen to help with the running of the place. First team affairs always takes priority, maybe if the 2nd team were to fold would that free up more personal to help out in the club concentrating on just the one side?

I'm sure that's what I said earlier in the thread !

MountainMan - They may have GOD on their side, but folk only remember him at Christmas and Easter. or Boxing Day and Good Friday as we call it in football circles.

I remember when I played for Liskeard in the Western League and we were occupying a bottom half league position and Saltash... also a Western League team occupying a top half league position....somehow we always manage to beat them Boxing day! :)