Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin 2 - 0 St Austell

Went and watched Godolphin and what a brilliant team performance in beating st austell 2-0 and it could of been 4 if they had scored there penalty and also having 1 cleared off the line .Jamie Lowrie was outstanding for the g and the whole defence was magnificent and the little winger with the ginger beard what a handful he was St austell where poor Sean Semmens had a very easy game and this was a St Austell side who had lee hodges playing at no8 he was taken off .Well done to the G and the management team they thought for every ball and played as a team a band of brothers Well done next up i think is Bodmin away

Solid performance from the G from start to finish. 4-0 would've been a more fair reflection. St Austell didn't actually have a shot I don't think. Certainly don't remember the G keeper making a save other than collecting balls in the air from corners.

The money being spent at clubs like St Austell and they get turned over by young local lads on probably half the money. Says a lot really. Puts things into perspective.

Jamie lowry is too good a player to be playing in peninsula league i saw him play in all the pre season games for bury and he played well in all of them and plymouth released him they dont know a good player when they see 1 the back 4 of g where so well st austell never got a look in but i did like the look of the g winger lttle nloke with ginger hair and a beard he worked his sox off Well done again g i think i will be going there a lot this year and saving my £21 from going to watch plymouth play

WELL DONE the G the top three finish looks good , a great result for every one at the club , And druth 1966 the G players got a £15 win bonus last season and its in place this season and only losing one game last year it worked well , but they totally deserve any payments because they have gone seasons with out any monies payment just their kit supplies and a few drinks in the bar after for their services, so lets not get into the silly money argument , any thing paid is well deserved ! Back to yesterday well done to every one G keep it up wed against Bodmin , And great start for Newquay another good start and win , mettz

You can ask any G players about payment , and none of them care whether they get payed or not ! They just wanna play good football and enjoy what they do! You will never fined another club in this league that are as loyal as these players , and that's what sets them apart from everyone else !!

Nice to see loyalty rewarded with wins for Godolphin and Camelford, maybe times are a changing. How can a team like St Austell who on paper look very strong be totally outplayed by Godolphin? Maybe the so called big name players aren't as good as we are led to believe. Still think St Austell will be in top 3. Godolphin an Camels won't be far away either.

First time watchin godolfin an was very impressed!! They will be a very tough team to beat especially at there place!! They look to play but they also can mix it up aswell!! They have a winnin mentality from the start of the warm up to the end of the 90mins!jamie lowry was a different class! If they keep him they will definately be in the top 3!! But even if he does get picked up by a pro club i still think they have enuff in there squad to be up an around it!! From wot i saw of st austell pre season they looked decent bt yesterday they were totally off the pace!! Reski an dingle looked deadly playin together in the middle pre season matches!! Shame that he was put wide where he didnt realli get much ball!! Danny carne was good yesterday an jasper in goal made sum great saves!!an outstanding pen save!!! Gunna make the trip up to bodmin see how godolfin do up there!!!!

WELL DONE the G the top three finish looks good , a great result for every one at the club , And druth 1966 the G players got a £15 win bonus last season and its in place this season and only losing one game last year it worked well , but they totally deserve any payments because they have gone seasons with out any monies payment just their kit supplies and a few drinks in the bar after for their services, so lets not get into the silly money argument , any thing paid is well deserved ! Back to yesterday well done to every one G keep it up wed against Bodmin , And great start for Newquay another good start and win , mettz

Well, well, there's another "we don't get" paid argument blown out of the water. Cash for a win and a few free beers - looks like they're paid to me, and probably every-one else thinks the same. HMRC will definitely call it paid, and that includes the beer. Better start saving for when they come knocking.

A good idea though to only pay when you win, I like that - well done.

Well, well, there's another "we don't get" paid argument blown out of the water. Cash for a win and a few free beers - looks like they're paid to me, and probably every-one else thinks the same. HMRC will definitely call it paid, and that includes the beer. Better start saving for when they come knocking.

Bleddy hell glad i never buy a round else i would get taxed.

Bleddy hell glad i never buy a round else i would get taxed.

Yes, you would if it was seen as a payment, payment in kind the taxman calls it - that's 22% sir thank you very much.

From what I recall Godolphin's was - Shaun Semmens - Kyle Brown (Scott Flannigan), Ollie Pinnell, Jamie Lowry, Ollie Dart - Mark Rose (Tom Shepard), Aaron Dilley, Ross Fallens, Jamie Whigg (Josh Harris) - Griffin, Phil Lowry

The names may not mean much to anyone outside Newquay as most of these guys haven't played for anyone other than the G, but having seen pretty much all these guys play over the years that is hell of a team. Average age of that team is probably about 24-25 as well.

From what I recall Godolphin's was - Shaun Semmens - Kyle Brown (Scott Flannigan), Ollie Pinnell, Jamie Lowry, Ollie Dart - Mark Rose (Tom Shepard), Aaron Dilley, Ross Fallens, Jamie Whigg (Josh Harris) - Griffin, Phil Lowry

The names may not mean much to anyone outside Newquay as most of these guys haven't played for anyone other than the G, but having seen pretty much all these guys play over the years that is hell of a team. Average age of that team is probably about 24-25 as well.

Kyle Brown stayed on when Flannigan introduced, being pushed forward to right midfield role.

Griffin subbed

Where were Lee Paxton and Luke Rigby?

A bit late to comment now but this was an excellent team performance by Godolphin, which suggests that they can comfortably hold their own - and more- at the next level.

Poor refereeing couldn't spoil the match but the official in charge ducked out of several decisions and surely dragging a forward down by his neck and, later, a push in the back for a penalty each warrant yellow cards.

That young ginger lad who referee'd Exmouth v Godolphin was pretty good the other week. Let the game keep rolling, and talked to players quite well.

The referee at G v St Austell was dishing out yellow cards left right and centre from the very first tackle, there must've been about 10 in total but I don't recall seeing one bad/malicious tackle the whole game!! But when it came to the bigger decisions i.e. sending a player off for a blatant foul as last man he couldn't find the bottle to show the red.

He was very inconsistent too which is probably the most annoying thing. 2 identical fouls, in the same area of the pitch, only 5 minutes apart, one got a yellow the other got nothing.

I've tried refereeing myself and admit that it is tough ! However refs need to be respected by players and allowing them in this game to swear at him and openly dissent , this individual made a rod for his own back.

We all make mistakes , in life and sport, but this ref appeared to cover for his own inadequacies by penalising players.

Nonetheless I would thank him for doing the job and offer good wishes for the rest of the season . I'll be sat in an armchair on the touchline at various grounds and will try hard to give all referees the benefit of the doubt in the first instance...

Interesting comments , and fair comments but TBONE i think you have been listening to the wrong people , Bitter lol not sure where you got that its a pity i have to come on a forum to explain but hey ho , Muff, Tania , Nigel and Brian will always hold a special place in my life and heart, I will always owe them a debt of gratitude that to me will never be replayed as when i stepped down from football last season the first thing i did was see Muff and after 40 years in the game gave her all my kit Footballs about 30 Bibs, ladders cones bottles etc etc , and my last two pair of boots , all donated to the G , not the action of a bitter person lol , I was lucky enough to be first team coach for 12 years and player as well , I worked under some great manages and was lucky to be one of the people who got Frank Monro (who was a brill person manager and player i wonder what he would achieve with the present crop of players , I was involved in getting Derek to the club and his record speaks for its self , Through Derek i met Mick Lowery and what a lovely guy he is and we have spent many a happy day together, I started Playing at the G with Robbie Black and a young packo who i still go on holiday with , What a guy Robbie is , Sunday i was drinking with Tania and Alan Brown your best supporter and have many many close friends at the G, Bitter ummm dont know were that came from just honest football facts as i see them , I rate Gossie and Macca as really good close friends and when we chat its always honest and open , I think you need to read my comments again and understand they are football facts not aimed at an individual club , Also Kevin your linesperson has helped me at minor , Truro city, Newquay and he is another close friend , its a pity i have to explain this but your views are so way off the mark , my loyalty will always stay true to me , if some doubt that then that his problem ,Muff, Tania will always have my support, i will say it as i see and been tought by some really great managers coaches and players i was lucky enough to work under play with and learn from , so enjoy kicking all the balls in the gardens remember some were mine lol , Alan Metts

Let me just sum up the referee in question here. Bloody useless. Always has been and always will be for every team and every player he officiates for. Everyone in every aspect in life and football are entitled to 'off days', however this referee is completely incompetent, unprofessional and inept in all aspects. We can't ALL be wrong in Cornwall & Devon about this guy, can we?

More importantly, great to have a new season of football back on the menu. It promises to be a very interesting season across the leagues this season with lots of teams hopeful of a say in the honours. Best of luck to all involved.

Off to Bodmin tonite to see the g play Bodmin i can c g beating them if they play like they did against st austell Bodmin will not be such a good team without Andy Carter but they will miss Chris Luxton who is a class player who is out injured at the moment but wait till hes back .I saw the pre season frienly at mt wise between Newquay and a young Peterborough side and i have got to say the ref that day was 1 of the best i have ever seen he let the game flow played the advantage rule and had a quiet word with the players hope more refs where like him .Good luck to the g tonight and well done to Newquay as well good win last nite at Falmouth but that ref was awful

That ref is known to be what he is and the players should take account of it.

Tricky when he's consistently inconsistent :)

More seriously, I try not to criticise referees very often, but over all the many games I see in a season, when this one is officiating, somehow I always end up wondering what the heck he is doing! One of my pet hates of his is wondering why he has to take so long to explain so much to the players. I'm sure they, and the crowd, just want him to get on with the game.

just had few texts and good ones agreeing lol , so one last time i hope this clears up a few things , Nothing is meant personal lets understand we are at a very low level in football in this county in relation to football in general , lets take Alan Brown a great personal friend of mine and no one ever could doubt his loyalty , he watches his son every week but the guy at Portsmouth who wears the top hat and badges it cost him his home marriage and jobs but he travel's the country watching a poor side would you say he is more committed and a better supporter ? its just about views , I was lucky enough to go with Falmouth Town under David Ball when they played Beddlinton Town Terriers in the quarter final of the FA Vase ,Falmouth had just won all 4 trophies in Cornwall but the players up there all seemed a stone heaver a yard faster Bigger better players that's prob why its so hard to win a national comp from Cornwall its a whole new world of football out there,no one is belittling any one or thing its just football comments , Derek Martin the most successful manager in Cornwall prob over the last 8 years would you say he could manage Plymouth (Big Derek prob would lol ) but its horses for courses ,He would prob struggle at that level who knows there are always better people somewhere so if someone makes a statement its not meant personal its just a football fact guys , Clubs especially in Cornwall should gauge success on only what that club is capable of achieving within the structure of the club without stretching their limits and that is a downhill slope the secret is understanding and excepting your limits sticking to them and when you become consistent at that level can you push your limit just a bit more , Good luck to the G tonight at Bodmin and well done to Newquay on 2 wins , I still say a top 6 finish should be in the Gs plans , so cheers and gone metts

The St Austell players where alot more rattled by the ref from what I saw, however, the quotes from Pinnell and Semmens had us in stitches on the side

Pinnell asked something about a foul that wasn't given

Ref said he heard a noise

Pinnell 'what was that noise?............. That was his studs hitting him!'

Semmens on offside from goal kick turned into John Mcenroe 'You can not be serious!' as he ran around flapping his arms

entertaining from the sidelines for sure.

Interesting comments , and fair comments but TBONE i think you have been listening to the wrong people , Bitter lol not sure where you got that its a pity i have to come on a forum to explain but hey ho , Muff, Tania , Nigel and Brian will always hold a special place in my life and heart, I will always owe them a debt of gratitude that to me will never be replayed as when i stepped down from football last season the first thing i did was see Muff and after 40 years in the game gave her all my kit Footballs about 30 Bibs, ladders cones bottles etc etc , and my last two pair of boots , all donated to the G , not the action of a bitter person lol , I was lucky enough to be first team coach for 12 years and player as well , I worked under some great manages and was lucky to be one of the people who got Frank Monro (who was a brill person manager and player i wonder what he would achieve with the present crop of players , I was involved in getting Derek to the club and his record speaks for its self , Through Derek i met Mick Lowery and what a lovely guy he is and we have spent many a happy day together, I started Playing at the G with Robbie Black and a young packo who i still go on holiday with , What a guy Robbie is , Sunday i was drinking with Tania and Alan Brown your best supporter and have many many close friends at the G, Bitter ummm dont know were that came from just honest football facts as i see them , I rate Gossie and Macca as really good close friends and when we chat its always honest and open , I think you need to read my comments again and understand they are football facts not aimed at an individual club , Also Kevin your linesperson has helped me at minor , Truro city, Newquay and he is another close friend , its a pity i have to explain this but your views are so way off the mark , my loyalty will always stay true to me , if some doubt that then that his problem ,Muff, Tania will always have my support, i will say it as i see and been tought by some really great managers coaches and players i was lucky enough to work under play with and learn from , so enjoy kicking all the balls in the gardens remember some were mine lol , Alan Metts

just had few texts and good ones agreeing lol , so one last time i hope this clears up a few things , Nothing is meant personal lets understand we are at a very low level in football in this county in relation to football in general , lets take Alan Brown a great personal friend of mine and no one ever could doubt his loyalty , he watches his son every week but the guy at Portsmouth who wears the top hat and badges it cost him his home marriage and jobs but he travel's the country watching a poor side would you say he is more committed and a better supporter ? its just about views , I was lucky enough to go with Falmouth Town under David Ball when they played Beddlinton Town Terriers in the quarter final of the FA Vase ,Falmouth had just won all 4 trophies in Cornwall but the players up there all seemed a stone heaver a yard faster Bigger better players that's prob why its so hard to win a national comp from Cornwall its a whole new world of football out there,no one is belittling any one or thing its just football comments , Derek Martin the most successful manager in Cornwall prob over the last 8 years would you say he could manage Plymouth (Big Derek prob would lol ) but its horses for courses ,He would prob struggle at that level who knows there are always better people somewhere so if someone makes a statement its not meant personal its just a football fact guys , Clubs especially in Cornwall should gauge success on only what that club is capable of achieving within the structure of the club without stretching their limits and that is a downhill slope the secret is understanding and excepting your limits sticking to them and when you become consistent at that level can you push your limit just a bit more , Good luck to the G tonight at Bodmin and well done to Newquay on 2 wins , I still say a top 6 finish should be in the Gs plans , so cheers and gone metts

Is this the Godolphin v St Austell thread or the Jeremy Kyle show ? Margo, I too enjoy keeping track of scores on the twitter feed, its a great feature.

Back on topic of England's worst referee, I'd be interested to know what mark he is given by club secretaries as he can only be reappointed to this level if his marks are to the satisfactory standard. Perhaps here lies the blame for why this particular referee continues to frustrate the hell out of us all week after week? Certainly not the SWPL decision or responsibility that's for sure.