Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Results Sat 17th Aug 2013

Did joe stone not play for foxhole 2 years ago and sticker last year then? And seth played senior football last year, that report seems like a lot of guesswork

then please enlighten us

jo told me it was his first game at senior , perhaps he meant swpl

and am i to understand seth was

a first teamer last season?

either way the inexpirience showed but they did vommendably with only one player having recent previous swpl prem insight , james avery

foxhole , after last season have a bright future and i applaud the team who kept at it on saturday

come tomorrow , we face a more hardened and reputed side in dobwalls , perhaps you can share your insight

Josh Higman has also played in SWPL Prem for both St Austell and St Blazey in recent seasons.

Parkway 2 - 1 Saltash

Pretty even game with Parkway running out the winners near the end with a nice header from a out-swinging corner.

Both teams guilty of being quite sloppy at times but Parkway probably deserved the win overall.

Thought Hughes was a handful up front for Saltash and caused parkways defence problems all day and Cusack looked tidy in the middle. Didn't have enough of an cutting edge to get through parkway though. Not sure about this new 'Fyneboy', look out of his depth on occasions with some lazy touches but give him credit of scoring a hat-trick already this season.

Enjoyed the game on the whole with Saltash nearly grabbing and equaliser at the end but couldn't force it home at the scramble.

Parkway were ok, far from what I would have expected from them but it is start of the season. Very strong squad and the ground looked excellent by the way, nice clubhouse inside the fence and pitch looked superb.

Going over to Saltash Wednesday v Elburton Villa, see if the Ashes can bounce back and how the new look Villa side get on.

Parkway 2 ( Colwell , M.Landricombe) Saltash United 1 ( Hughes) HT 1-1

Pretty fair summary of the game . The way Parkway started I thought we would blow Saltash away , we didn't build on that though and it's all credit to Saltash that they equalised and saw out the first half looking stronger . Luke Rundle ran the Ashes ragged in the first part of the game , and we lost our most potent weapon when he didn't appear for the second half . We were always going to need a set piece winner as , just as against Blazey on Tuesday night , we seemed to be more ponderous and lacking in ideas as the game went on and spurned the decent chances we did make .

The system we are playing seems to rely very heavily on the wing backs getting forward .With Rundle having to be replaced after injury and Paul Heveran being shifted into an unfamiliar left flank role to replace him , we seemed to lack penetration .

3 games played , 3 won is pretty good though , especially when you consider that we haven't put together a consistent 90 minutes yet .

I thought the pitch looked fantastic,The groundsman must have put a lot of hard work in to get it like that ,

Its grass...how hard can it be !

Have a go.

ITS ONLY GRASS :c: or is it something different over the border ? :SM_carton:

Have a go.