Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash v Elburton

Saltash 4 Elburton 0

Scorers - Cusack, Allen, Farrant and Stuart Clark.

Comfortable win for the ashes. Lot of passes going astray for the ashes, I think it could have been a different story against a better team. No goals from the new strikers, Hoyles went off injured, and Fineboy was a handful without finding the net. You never know what the lad's gonna do next, but he's great to watch

MOM Sam Farrant

Saltash were very worthy winners last night. Punished some real poor mistakes by Elburton.

Some great finishes by the ashes for their goals but I am sure Elburton's management would be extremely disappointed with the manner in which they conceded.

Having said that I was impressed with Edwards on the wing for them, along with Chris Clarke full of running and Kinsman looking composed on the ball. Do think they are seriously lacking a good striker, that would sort out most of their problems straight away.

Saltash looked good for the three points with Farrant and Cusack in particular looking good for them. Also thought their centre half had a great game, not sure of his name though. I think with one or two quality additions Saltash could be right up their this season.

Agreed. Went to the game as well. Lewis Russell and his companion at the back did very well in keeping the defence together and stopping the likes of Hulme creating many opportunities.

I also thought Sargison's experience and presence on the left shone.

Kelvin Fineboy at the front was great to watch, first touch, flick ons, strength and pace. All he lacked all night (hence the joke in this) was clinical finishing just unlucky on the night.

Farrant agree was MOM and Chris Clarke in Elburton midfield the only real hard worker for the team and trying to make an attack; as Henning Berg said the Elburton Management can have no complaints, even the Manager kicked the hoarding in frustration.

having seen this fineboy play in the local leagues he does look like he will cause a few teams problems very quick and good feet . his only let down is his finishing ! needs alot of chances to score . i did see truro and tiverton were looking at him ? i have to say he a long way off that . saltash doing well this season .

Fineboy will cause problems to any side due to his pace , he just needs to add the finish and Saltash will have a great assett on there books.

Sargison is having a great start to the season and at only 26 his experience of playing at this level for so long is showing through. He looks sooo much fitter this season and his willingness to get forward is causing people problems, long may it continue.

Saltash will not ship many goals with the back 4 they have got.