Cornwall Football Forum

Adam Carter

If this is true , what the hell was Tuesday night all about. Parkway's number one striker , Mr Richards was substituted for him.

Absolute joke.

This league is becoming a circus :SM_carton:

Parkway did the same last season bringing in players/ringers from higher leagues for one game and benching their regular lads

Would like to know the story behind that one. Bit odd if you ask me, doesn't look good.

Carter is very effective at this level but always thought he might be out of his depth at a higher standard given the type of player he is.

Thought Torpoint was where he played his best football anyway so I hope he regains the form of that fantastic season his side had.

With the players they have got there now Torpoint must be serious contenders to get a top 3/4 spot....... Some budget they must have there too. Good luck to Carts and fair play to the lad for giving a try at a higher level, he can now say at least he tried!

They will need to pick it up fast if they are to become a top 3/4 side though...losing to a young and inexperienced Blazey side is not top 3/4 form

With the players they have got there now Torpoint must be serious contenders to get a top 3/4 spot....... Some budget they must have there too. Good luck to Carts and fair play to the lad for giving a try at a higher level, he can now say at least he tried!

Gave it all of 90 minutes ..... way off the mark more like. Carts is a bud of mine and I don't think you have the right to comment unless you no the full story. everyones circumstances are different. I understand your frustrated because you were close to having carts but he has opted for another side get over it.

Gave it all of 90 minutes ..... way off the mark more like. Carts is a bud of mine and I don't think you have the right to comment unless you no the full story. everyones circumstances are different. I understand your frustrated because you were close to having carts but he has opted for another side get over it.

I have nothing against Adam Carter , and only know him as a player who has been a prolific goalscorer in the last few seasons ,and yes , you are right , I would love to see him in the Parkway side.But whatever his reasons for leaving Tiverton ( and I am certainly not privvy to them ) I cannot understand why he would play 30 minutes of football for Parkway and then leave . From what I understand , people at Parkway put a lot of last minute work in to secure his registration for Tuesday nights game ,and were under the impression it was a full time move . It is human nature that people are bound to wonder what changed so drastically in such a short time .

I think your find carter was on 300 a week with Tiverton and Krac 250 ! But with work and family commitments he has decided to play local ! As for parkway there arrogance has back fired . Torpoint will take a few weeks to gel but will be top 6 at least

I don't think the Tiverton fans particularly took to him, chanting similar songs to that of the Helston fans in the Senior cup final for those that were there! They were also wanting the manager sacked after just 2 games in, losing both!

Tiverton pay weekly, so it's not ££ per game, and £300 isn't right either.

After all is said and done, he's a goal machine wherever he's gone and is likely to continue.

what chants did they make ? and if he was on 300 a week that is shocking . a good goalscorer but always going struggle higher up . bodmin played to his strength had people to do his running maybe torpoint would suit him . and not sure what parkway would have done if he stayed ? prob forced richards on the wing again .

It's easy for people to take the 'I told you so' stance after the event.

How people can even consider criticising or slating Adam Carter is beyond me. He has scored a huge amount of goals at every club he has been at locally and the lad had the balls to give it a crack at a higher level. For whatever reason, it hasn't worked out. There's an awful lot of travelling involved and it's a huge commitment, with Tiverton not exactly 5 minutes down the road when taking into consideration work and family commitments.

Carts has his reasons for making whatever decisions he sees fit and, let's be honest, he'd be welcome at any team in this division.

Good luck to him.

Well said Jon. Too many people chastise players before knowing the facts about there reasons.

Although i will say it is not the first time Carter has jumped ship from one club to another to another within a few weeks as it happened a few years back when at the Ashes.

I just wish Carters attitude to his health and fitness were better as with that is his locker also the boy would walk into a higher level with ease, much the sam as Hobbs.

I like Carter, he may be a lump but he has a mysterious force field around him, defenders can't or won't get close to him. No idea what the so called Helston fans called him, they only popped out for two games last season, not been seen near a football ground since.

Name a SWPL club that wouldn't want him, if they could tempt him away from Torpoint ?

Think with the majority of proven goalscorers, they like to be on the pitch getting the "buzz" of sticking the ball in the net! Probably rather be on 50 quid a game for his local team playing 90 minutes in a league hes prolific in, rather than 100 quid playing the last 10 or 15 minutes in a standard where he would struggle to get many chances. I agree with Mark, there is not a team in the peninsula league who would not want his presence and virtually guaranteed 40 goals a season in their side. Best of luck to the lad.

Carter is to good for this level . It was only 2 games I think he played the fans were out of order everyone talks about enjoying your football there's no way anyone can enjoy there football when the fans are giving you stick , If Torpoint can keep there goals down with his goals they can be a force in this league !

When I look at the situation I think pway are in the wrong just as much the player they knew it was possible carter wud only be helping them out for 1 game and maybe leaving as was in talks with other teams they risked unsettling their squad and now it has backfired they r stopping the lad playing football it doesn't look good if u ask me