Cornwall Football Forum

Results And Table 24th August

Parkway 3 Exmouth 1 ( HT 2-1) ( Parkway scorers - Steve Colwell,Danny Lewis,Ryan Richards)

Make sure you're not late getting into Bolitho Park these days ,Steve Colwell scoring inside the opening couple of minutes as Parkway made a strong start . Exmouth showed why they had a 100% record before today when they came back strongly and equalised inside the first 20 minutes . Parkway took the lead against the run of play before half time when Danny Lewis knocked a loose ball in from close range , and that seemed to take the sting out of Exmouth . Ryan Richards then ran through to slot home a third early in the second half to give us a two goal cushion .This always looked like it would be enough .

Our best performance so far this season , Levi Landricombe and Ryan Richards seem to be gelling together as a pair upfront , Danny Lewis was superb in midfield and Gavin Coulton looked assured on his debut in defence .

We now take a break from the league for a couple of weeks to concentrate on the FA Vase and FA Cup .

Dobwalls 1 - Bude 3

Thought I would pop down to Lantoon Park today as Mrs & baby were out so had a few hours to myself. Was both curious and interested to see how the new look Dobwalls shaped up having seen all these "relegation" predictions and the wholesale changes at the club in pre-season.

There is absolutely no chance that Dobwalls will dice with relegation this season and will be a comfortable mid-table team without question, losing a couple and winning a couple every month!!

Today was a loss but as a neutral I guess it would be fair to say a point a piece may have been fairer. It really was a game of 2 halves.

I couldn't believe my eyes first 30 when Dobwalls looked slick, energetic, quick pass and move operation. . . I was really impressed. They took the lead through a sweet half volley from edge if area (No.10) - sorry don't know name.

Young left winger for Dobwalls was rapid and caused Bude real problems in the first 25-30 but he didn't build on this and almost burnt out really quickly as 2nd half he was hardly seen apart from one decent shot from 10 yards that the Bude keeper performed heroics to save at the far post.

Dobwalls new keeper Gilbert (Darren's nephew) looks a prospect - he was outstanding today and will only get better with time. Would be interesting to see him deal with a physical onslaught as only short and about 8 stone wet through.

Adam Hill looked strong and knows what he is doing. . . May be hard to stop clubs approaching him I reckon over the season. His partner at No. 4 also looked quality and its unusual to have a centre back with loads of pace. He was guilty of a weak back pass for Bude equaliser but other than that he was pretty solid.

Not sure who No.6 was but he looked out of his depth and not upto the standard.

Ben Gascoigne was his usual dependable self at right back and in fact he really surprised me as he got better as the game went on where as usually he's looking to the bench after 60 for a rest. . Lol. Well played today Gazza. You deserve your chance more than anyone.

Overall though I was a little disappointed and surprised by the turn around 2nd half. Very flat, tired, wasteful and resorted to route 1 for much if it. Maybe the poor pre-season has something to do with fitness levels!!

Credit must be given to Bude who stuck to the game plan even 1st half when outplayed. Their 2nd goal by No.11 was an absolute worldy. . . Take a bow son!!

Anyway plenty of positives for Paul & Al to take away and when the lads are fully fit and back to full strength think they'll be absolutely. Same for Bude, won't be anywhere near the top of the table this season and a few need to lose the big ego's (9 & 10 especially) but they'll win their fair share and on their top form they may take the odd few points from top 6 but will definitely have 5 or 6 below them in the table come May 2014.

Foxhole 0 Helston 5
Saturday 24th August 2013

The final scoreline proved harsh on the battling Foxes who had done well to contain the strong visitors to the extent that Hicks was relatively untroubled until the hour mark when he brilliantly palmed away Fox's fierce effort. For all their possession, the probable champions were unsettled by the resolute home defence, for whom the recalled Stone stood out, his unfortunate own goal on sixteen minutes notwithstanding. The youthful midfield, too, performed admirably, Vincent again showing his tenacity down the right and looking the most likely to prise open the Helston rearguard.

Soon after Vincent had been denied a clear penalty from Hallibone's rash challenge, Helston's patient approach eventually paid dividends in the final third of both the match and the pitch, coinciding with the introduction of Dan Stidwell. On sixty-five minutes, he set up Goldsworthy to double
the lead from twelve yards, and the same player made it 3-0 shortly afterwards with a clever finish. When Fox added a fourth with a thunderbolt there was still over a quarter of an hour to go: nonetheless the weary home team stuck to their task but were unable to prevent Fox completing the scoring in stoppage time, tapping home from a yard another Stidwell assist.

Foxhole (4-5-1): Shaun Hicks; Richard Faircloth (sub. Alex Morecroft), Scott Laughton, Joe Stone, Adam Peters; Dan Vincent (sub. Zac Smith-Brokenshire), Ryan Wilkins (sub. Raven Watt), Seth Couch, Martin Duff, Aiden Killen; Adam Rosevear.

Helston (4-4-2): Jason Robertson; Ben Stidwell, Mike Hallibone, Aaron Collick (sub. Ashley Stidwell), Hugh Howlett; Charlie Young, Keegan McPhilbin, Jamie Thomson (sub. Dan Stidwell), Jordan Adlard (sub. Jamie Thirkle); Matt Fox, Mark Goldsworthy.

Foxhole 0 Helston 5

Saturday 24th August 2013

The final scoreline proved harsh on the battling Foxes who had done well to contain the strong visitors to the extent that Hicks was relatively untroubled until the hour mark when he brilliantly palmed away Fox's fierce effort. For all their possession, the probable champions were unsettled by the resolute home defence, for whom the recalled Stone stood out, his unfortunate own goal on sixteen minutes notwithstanding. The youthful midfield, too, performed admirably, Vincent again showing his tenacity down the right and looking the most likely to prise open the Helston rearguard.

Soon after Vincent had been denied a clear penalty from Hallibone's rash challenge, Helston's patient approach eventually paid dividends in the final third of both the match and the pitch, coinciding with the introduction of Dan Stidwell. On sixty-five minutes, he set up Goldsworthy to double

the lead from twelve yards, and the same player made it 3-0 shortly afterwards with a clever finish. When Fox added a fourth with a thunderbolt there was still over a quarter of an hour to go: nonetheless the weary home team stuck to their task but were unable to prevent Fox completing the scoring in stoppage time, tapping home from a yard another Stidwell assist.

Foxhole (4-5-1): Shaun Hicks; Richard Faircloth (sub. Alex Morecroft), Scott Laughton, Joe Stone, Adam Peters; Dan Vincent (sub. Zac Smith-Brokenshire), Ryan Wilkins (sub. Raven Watt), Seth Couch, Martin Duff, Aiden Killen; Adam Rosevear.

Helston (4-4-2): Jason Robertson; Ben Stidwell, Mike Hallibone, Aaron Collick (sub. Ashley Stidwell), Hugh Howlett; Charlie Young, Keegan McPhilbin, Jamie Thomson (sub. Dan Stidwell), Jordan Adlard (sub. Jamie Thirkle); Matt Fox, Mark Goldsworthy.

Probable champions !- a little premature I think - plenty of teams in with a shout in Div 1 West this season

Completely agree. Theres a long way to go, and I believe any of 8 teams could win it this year.

Darin, very accurate write up, other than it was dan Stidwell that scored the 4th goal and not Matt fox. Foxy had the 5th.

Things look to be turning a corner at foxhole, very compact and defensively organised on the small pitch, hard to break down. I just think they might struggle when they get on the bigger pitches away from home. All the best for the season to all at foxhole :)

I saw Falmouth play on Saterday for the fist time this season, bearing in mind that it a new young team the did a good job playing a much more experienced Saltash side,

Who I believe will on Saterdays Play finnish around the middle of the Table, I do believe that as the season progesses Falmouth will be a much stronger side, their main aim must be to not get relagated,

Some of the refs decissions were very suspect in general not good,

The pitch & surounds at Falmouth are looking very good, the Pitch must now rate as one of the best in the County, if not the best,

but O!! I was dissapointed to find That the shelter on the right hand side of the pitch & the one at the Bottom end are in a terrible state, over the Summer the one on the side has lost most of its roof, the end one is in a very Dangerous state, & could fall at any time,

I fear to protect the fans, that if Falmouth cannot afford to repair them they should take them down, because if they fall during a match & Hurt someone, & health & safety are called in, the fine that town could face would close them down & that is the last thing that we wish to happen,

it really is so sad to see a once very proud club having such problems,

One other small problem that can be put right our normal tea Lady who did the hole in the wall seems to have been replaced by a much older Lady, the Price of a cup of tea has been doubled to one £1, that is bad enough, but it was awful, worse than dishwater, you could almost see through it,

in future I will take my own thermos, I would not have minded so much had it been a real cup of tea,

But I will still be there supporting Town through thick & thin,

A very unhappy Hammers :c::mellow::c:

I saw Falmouth play on Saterday for the fist time this season, bearing in mind that it a new young team the did a good job playing a much more experienced Saltash side,

Who I believe will on Saterdays Play finnish around the middle of the Table, I do believe that as the season progesses Falmouth will be a much stronger side, their main aim must be to not get relagated,

Some of the refs decissions were very suspect in general not good,

The pitch & surounds at Falmouth are looking very good, the Pitch must now rate as one of the best in the County, if not the best,

but O!! I was dissapointed to find That the shelter on the right hand side of the pitch & the one at the Bottom end are in a terrible state, over the Summer the one on the side has lost most of its roof, the end one is in a very Dangerous state, & could fall at any time,

I fear to protect the fans, that if Falmouth cannot afford to repair them they should take them down, because if they fall during a match & Hurt someone, & health & safety are called in, the fine that town could face would close them down & that is the last thing that we wish to happen,

it really is so sad to see a once very proud club having such problems,

One other small problem that can be put right our normal tea Lady who did the hole in the wall seems to have been replaced by a much older Lady, the Price of a cup of tea has been doubled to one £1, that is bad enough, but it was awful, worse than dishwater, you could almost see through it,

in future I will take my own thermos, I would not have minded so much had it been a real cup of tea,

But I will still be there supporting Town through thick & thin,

A very unhappy Hammers :c::mellow::c:

I too went to the game and must disagree with you on a several points.

The scoreline totally flattered Falmouth Town, as "the ashes" were in total control throughout the game. Martin Burgess is doing a great job with the spirit of the team and I hope it continues.

Whilst the pitch itself looked in fantastic shape, the same could not be said of the surrounding areas. The use of weedkiller in the standing areas, instead of simply cutting the grass, was rather unsightly. Yes the roofs in the stands were missing panels, but I am sure replacing the panels, when funds allow, will be a better option.

Please don't criticise the "tea lady", she was more than likely a volunteer, a rare commodity. The price of the tea was very much in line with many clubs. To charge £1 for a tea is exorbitant, but clubs have to find the playing budget from somewhere, as it wont be from the gate receipts.

Dobwalls 1 - Bude 3

Thought I would pop down to Lantoon Park today as Mrs & baby were out so had a few hours to myself. Was both curious and interested to see how the new look Dobwalls shaped up having seen all these "relegation" predictions and the wholesale changes at the club in pre-season.

There is absolutely no chance that Dobwalls will dice with relegation this season and will be a comfortable mid-table team without question, losing a couple and winning a couple every month!!

Today was a loss but as a neutral I guess it would be fair to say a point a piece may have been fairer. It really was a game of 2 halves.

I couldn't believe my eyes first 30 when Dobwalls looked slick, energetic, quick pass and move operation. . . I was really impressed. They took the lead through a sweet half volley from edge if area (No.10) - sorry don't know name.

Young left winger for Dobwalls was rapid and caused Bude real problems in the first 25-30 but he didn't build on this and almost burnt out really quickly as 2nd half he was hardly seen apart from one decent shot from 10 yards that the Bude keeper performed heroics to save at the far post.

Dobwalls new keeper Gilbert (Darren's nephew) looks a prospect - he was outstanding today and will only get better with time. Would be interesting to see him deal with a physical onslaught as only short and about 8 stone wet through.

Adam Hill looked strong and knows what he is doing. . . May be hard to stop clubs approaching him I reckon over the season. His partner at No. 4 also looked quality and its unusual to have a centre back with loads of pace. He was guilty of a weak back pass for Bude equaliser but other than that he was pretty solid.

Ben Gascoigne was his usual dependable self at right back and in fact he really surprised me as he got better as the game went on where as usually he's looking to the bench after 60 for a rest. . Lol. Well played today Gazza. You deserve your chance more than anyone.

Overall though I was a little disappointed and surprised by the turn around 2nd half. Very flat, tired, wasteful and resorted to route 1 for much if it. Maybe the poor pre-season has something to do with fitness levels!!

Credit must be given to Bude who stuck to the game plan even 1st half when outplayed. Their 2nd goal by No.11 was an absolute worldy. . . Take a bow son!!

Anyway plenty of positives for Paul & Al to take away and when the lads are fully fit and back to full strength think they'll be absolutely. Same for Bude, won't be anywhere near the top of the table this season and a few need to lose the big ego's (9 & 10 especially) but they'll win their fair share and on their top form they may take the odd few points from top 6 but will definitely have 5 or 6 below them in the table come May 2014.

I think that was a very good sum up of the game. Its about managing expectations and I was gutted we lost but we had 5 players out who might have played and thats no disrespect to the 13 players who where there but we also had two subs who didn't start cus they were injured. I think given time, and a full squad we could fulfill our potential. We had Hakey and Tapps who have been 1st class in our first two game out and could be for the next few weeks but things are good at Dobwalls and they will get better. Best of luck to Bude even though their trainer was a plonker who wanted every player sent off for every foul and a referee who might have done it.

I have been to Bickland this season. The pitch, although a little on the long side, is probably the best in the league at present. Keeping it to that standard will require a lot of work. The surrounds are in keeping with many other grounds that I have seen.

Pound for a cup of tea - OK by me, but it can never be more than that. Well done to the ladies in the kitchen I say.

I believe the main stand is the one causing most concern, may have to close it due to the asbestos roof I have been told.

On the playing side, Falmouth looked OK-ish, bit of luck and a few points will come I think.

Dobwalls 1 - Bude 3

A good and accurate description of team and individual performance, Figure of 8.

I would just like to add in defence of the young left winger (Nick Cotton) that this was his 8th match in 14 days as well as carrying a niggling ankle injury, both of which may have contributed to his below par performance - normally he can, and does, produce that rapidity for the full 90.