Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy prem predictions?

My personal opinion,

I've never experienced the Duchy premier at such an all time low.

Three teams promoted to the ECPL?

St Stephen come down and most of their 1st team have moved on?

Probus and Bodmin Saints withdrew, and leave 10

average teams.

This is not a very good advert for the Duchy league.

I disagree slightly with Cloughie's comment of 10 average teams. I agree the league has lost some class with the 3 teams who have gone up. But it was about time Fowey did after moving to a different pitch as well as being successful in the prem for a few seasons. The league is at a huge loss though with only 10 teams. Admittedly the league organisers couldn't have predicted Bodmin & Probus withdrawing, but a league with only 18 fixtures each will be poor. Without a good cup run the league could be over far too soon! Maybe they should've promoted an extra side from Div1, which will have 24 fixtures! I do still think there will be good football played over the season though, especially from Torpoint & Saltash. I would include St Stephen as well, but i'm not sure now that an above comment has stated they've lost players.

But back to the inital topic. Torpoint host St. Cleer today at The Mill and I fully expect them to take the 3pts on home ground after being unbeaten at home last season.

Lamerton vs Saltash should be a good game with 2 good teams going head to head. A win from the away side will surely show their intent and credentials to be at or near the top.

St Stephen should have enough to beat Pelynt. However, with it being their first fixture compared to Pelynt's 4th, they may not come out of the blocks as quick.

St Columb Major vs St Newlyn East might be a tight game. St Columb got stronger as the season finished last year so if they have maintained that, if this game doesn't end in a draw, that they will be the victors.

Going by word of mouth and last season's observation.

Word of mouth,

Someone I know has told me that most of last season's St Stephen ECPL side have moved on.

Biscovey have lost most of their promotion winning side.

Being fortunate enough to have seen,

Pelynt,Torpoint,Lamerton,St Cleer and St Columb last season.

Okay but not what I'd call top sides.

Pensilva must have improved from their last time in the Prem.

Saltash and St Newlyn East I cannot judge as I've not seen for a couple of seasons.

But I can see some potential, but this isn't what I call top of the class.

Letting three clubs go up was a big mistake, St Austell are the champions and should have been the only promoted club.

I am pleased to report that St Stephen did not have enough to beat Pelynt. In fact Pelynt dominated the game and should have won by more and both of St Stephen's goal should have been disallowed - the first because the ball was kicked from our keeper's hands and the second for an obvious push missed by the referee.

Cloughie must be from hell of a standard to call all of the duchy prem average... its local Saturday football for god sake, lads that work all week to enjoy football on a Saturday, and have to listen to people belittle them on here... teams shouldn't be judged on a forum, every game is 11 v 11 and its on the day.

Stats speak for them selves if a team is playing well or they get the luck they win games and are up top if a teams playing poorly or don't get the luck they are around the mid- bottom of the league.

But then of coarse I like playing in games with lads that just wana play football... and don't enjoy it so much against the big time Charlie's

No, I'm no Jose, but I'm not blind either!

Maybe you had an off day, but I was present to watch ST Columb against lamerton last season.

Didn't see anything to think any different to what I have stated.

I witnessed at least four players, who needed xxxl shirts!

Big time Charlie's, are generally clubs doing well and maybe it's gone to their heads.

Just as the club who will be top of the table this season no doubt?