Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth on the look out for new manager again

This was a done deal even before the weekend. Falmouth Town made contact with John two weeks ago.

Sorry Guido Fawkes although your comments are normally very accurate, you are wrong this time. The first contact I had with any director of the club was late Sunday night. So unless you know something I don't then I would be interested to hear more

Best of luck John and thanks for the hard work done in resurrecting Penzance after last seasons exodus.I can see it was a hard decision having to leave after building up such a good rapport with the club and the players,who loved you.Admire your feelings towards Falmouth and hope it works out for you(wish players still had your loyalty).

Brave decision mate ,nothing gutless about it and see you soon :c:

Johns hard work at PZ in a small space of time has given them some hope, of which I don't think they had an abundance of before his arrival. Anyone who knows him will know how passionate he remains about Falmouth, so perhaps a match made in heaven during such hard times.

It also dispells my suggestion that deep inside Falmouth Town FC there may just have been a person or 3 who thought it may be best to slip down a league, as John only ever has ambition to succeed.

Good luck to Falmouth and to John. A match made in Cornish football heaven, we will have to wait and see!

Congratulations to John on his appointment. Everyone at the club will.give him all the support he needs. To answer some of the questions above, the Club has thanked Robbie for doing his best in difficult times and no one holds him responsible for where we are. The new direction through John will hopefully see better times ahead and the first discussion the Club had with John was indeed on Sunday evening.

Well, well John, not quite what I expected, but, anyone is allowed to change their mind.

You're in for a tough time at Bickland, a lot harder than at PZ I would have thought. We all know that premier league teams are mainly sustained by money, and there's very little at Falmouth. You may be able to call in a few old mates, and favours owed - we'll see.

I do wish you well, but not to much as you would expect from a neighbour!!!! You are - and always will be - a pain in the arse.

Regards, Older.

Surely the "

How do the club feel about John leaving ? Who will take over now? Will players follow him over now he has a budget?

I don't think the "miniscule" [http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Penzance-prepare-Dent-s-exit/story-19818908-detail/story.html#axzz2fLKBP8UU] budget will be enough to tempt any players away from PZ, hardly going to mitigate the time/cost/hassle of the extra travel involved but maybe some will fancy their chance to prove themselves at a higher level and become part of Falmouth folklore if it all comes off?

Surely the "

How do the club feel about John leaving ? Who will take over now? Will players follow him over now he has a budget?

I don't think the "miniscule" [http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Penzance-prepare-Dent-s-exit/story-19818908-detail/story.html#axzz2fLKBP8UU] budget will be enough to tempt any players away from PZ, hardly going to mitigate the time/cost/hassle of the extra travel involved but maybe some will fancy their chance to prove themselves at a higher level and become part of Falmouth folklore if it all comes off?

Change your font size, had to get my glasses out for that one. :thumbsup:

Surely the "

That's what happens when you get older. :)

Surely the "

SORRY OLDER

Surely the "

SORRY OLDER

Very good - I like that LOL

I'm sure I'm not speaking out of turn by stating that Penzance were saddened and disappointed that Denty decided to accept the Falmouth job - but it didn't come as a major surprise, knowing the great affinity he has with them. John has done a marvelous job during his 12 month spell at Penzance - keeping a squad together last season with no budget and no league victories is a great credit to him (as well as to the players) and shows just how much passion he has for the game. I hope he manages to turn things around at Falmouth and wish him success in the future; my only rider to that would be that he doesn't bring his shopping trolley to Penzance to strengthen his squad!

I'm sure I'm not speaking out of turn by stating that Penzance were saddened and disappointed that Denty decided to accept the Falmouth job - but it didn't come as a major surprise, knowing the great affinity he has with them. John has done a marvelous job during his 12 month spell at Penzance - keeping a squad together last season with no budget and no league victories is a great credit to him (as well as to the players) and shows just how much passion he has for the game. I hope he manages to turn things around at Falmouth and wish him success in the future; my only rider to that would be that he doesn't bring his shopping trolley to Penzance to strengthen his squad!

He can only go shopping once a month John!

I'm not certain what was said to the players prior to the Penryn game as I was not in the changing room but the word is they were told he was staying at Penzance. Would be sorry to see any of the current squad "jumping ship" but there is no point in trying to keep players who don't wish to stay; however, without a Reserve team to call on this season, it is hoped that anyone who does wish to leave would be honorable enough to stay until replacements are found - which is what the F.A. restrictions about player movement are intended to reinforce.