Cornwall Football Forum

Liskeard Manager?

Some great comments on here now, Its only banter combined with fishing, a few bites here and there and if people want to hide behind a name thats their choice. When you next see me at a game (firsts or seconds) make sure you come and and say hello.

MQx

So what happened to you Sunday night when you were coming to say "hello"

Its a shame what is happening at Liskeard as they are a club with a great history and I always enjoy my trips to Lux Park and hope they get a new manager in soon that can bring back some stability to the club. But clubs like Parkway, Buckland and Godolphin are thriving because they are the clubs that have the money and pay players well. Likewise St Austell and Exmouth, both clubs in years gone by have struggled in their respective leagues as they didn't have that much money or any at all but now they both have money behind them they are doing very well. Penzance, Falmouth and Liskeard, not much money if any at all and all struggling. Teams that have money will ALWAYS be the teams competing at the top of leagues.

I don't think money is a problem at Liskeard but they are short of people willing to help in the day to day running of the club according to MQ

It is not the shortage of day to day help as you go round all the clubs it seems to be 3 - 4 people doing everything, same problem at evey club

Correct, Woodsy and I are looking after it for the moment and hopefully the club will advertise soon when they have had a chance to decide exactly which is the best way forward for the club.

Dave Skews and Roger Quaintance will be looking after the reserves along with help from Rob Brown and Rich Hill so all bases covered at the moment.

MQx