Cornwall Football Forum

PARKWAY V ST AUSTELL

Manager Wayne Hilson has a fully fit squad for this saturday's home tie.

PARKWAY

V

ST AUSTELL

KO 1500

Saturday 28th September

Bolitho Park, St Peter's Rd, Manadon, PL5 3JG

Adm. £4 adults and £2 Senior Citizens/U16s

50/50 Draw at half time and full colour program

There will be a multi-round sports and general knowledge quizz in the bar after the game, all friends and families are welcome.

Hot and cold refreshments available throughtout the game and bar open from 1300 until late.

Follow Parkway at www.plymouthparkwayfootballclub.co.uk and at Twitter @PlymouthPFC

Plymouth Parkway proudly sponsored by The Macron Store - Plympton

Hope the "Quizz" doesn't have any spelling questions :yahoo:

Cheers Tony...we look forward to seeing you at Bolitho Park on Saturday....what did you say your teem were called :smiley20:

If there are any spelling questions

let's hope

one of them is

programme [

correcting English spelling]

and not

program

as RVP

always puts

RVP is circulating his games well, as it looks like everyone is reading his comments spelling mistakes that you are picking up is proving that..... Hey fair play..

Pa

Just heard on Radio Cornwall - finished 3-1 Parkway

Parkway 3 ( Levi Landricombe , Lewis 2) St Austell 1 ( Dan Nancarrow) ( HT-2-0)

Big win today for Parkway in an entertaining match with very little to choose between the sides . Parkway played the better football in the first half and scored through Levi and the impressive Danny Lewis , Levi also had the ball in the net for a goal that was disallowed for offside after a lengthy discussion between referee assistant . St Austell started the second half more purposefully with the impressive Chris Reski hitting the bar from a free kick soon after the resumption , despite Parkway getting Parkway's third after a Danny Lewis header from Levi's cross , it was St Austell who were stretching the home side with Reski and Danny Carne in particular causing the Parkway backline problems . Reski curled his shot narrowly wide and had a free kick tipped onto the crossbar by debutant Parkway keeper Dan Law, this was either side of a mazy run from Carne that set up the chance for Dan Nancarrow to score . Despite being under pressure , Parkway held on , and there were further incidents deep in stoppage time when Levi was sent off for his second bookable offence , before Ryan Richards was brought down in the area by Jason Chapman . Will Stringer saw the resultant kick come crashing back off the crossbar

Danny Lewis has been a great signing for us and he is key in the centre of midfield. He is one of the best players I have seen playing at this level for several years. We now have a replacement for Shane Crac. There are other good signings that have made a significant difference this season, such as Steve Colwell , Mike.Landricome and Gav Coulton. Another player that is doing very well is young Dan Hart.

Looking good lads. Keep it going.

ST.AUSTELL'S PROBLEM IS THAT IN LITERALLY EVERY GAME SINCE THE START OF THE SEASON THEY'VE BEEN MISSING PLAYERS - AGAINST PARKWAY, NO TOM SMITH, MIKE BODY, MARTIN WATTS, MARTIN GILES, LEE HODGES (AND I MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN SOMEONE). IF THEY EVER GET THEIR BEST 11 ON THE PITCH AT THE SAME TIME THE CONSISTENCY MAY COME.

DESPITE THIS, FROM WHAT I'M TOLD, IT WAS A VERY CLOSE GAME AND ST.AUSTELL PLAYED WELL. HOWEVER, PARKWAY MUST BE CONSIDERED THE TEAM TO BEAT THIS SEASON.

Guest johnperryman777

Tony whats the feelings from the fans and more importantly the committee st Austell this season, out of both the fa and vase cups and 3 defeats in the league, surely more was expected.

ST.AUSTELL'S PROBLEM IS THAT IN LITERALLY EVERY GAME SINCE THE START OF THE SEASON THEY'VE BEEN MISSING PLAYERS - AGAINST PARKWAY, NO TOM SMITH, MIKE BODY, MARTIN WATTS, MARTIN GILES, LEE HODGES (AND I MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN SOMEONE). IF THEY EVER GET THEIR BEST 11 ON THE PITCH AT THE SAME TIME THE CONSISTENCY MAY COME.

DESPITE THIS, FROM WHAT I'M TOLD, IT WAS A VERY CLOSE GAME AND ST.AUSTELL PLAYED WELL. HOWEVER, PARKWAY MUST BE CONSIDERED THE TEAM TO BEAT THIS SEASON.

And yours is the only team to have missing players every week....... a little bit naive if you think that!!

Keep you hair on! Just stating a fact which I think is relevant.....not saying it doesn't happen to other teams. All I know is that having watched the team for more years than I care to remember I don't recall the start to a season where game after game several first choice players are missing for different reasons. St.Austell have yet to get anything like their "best" 11 on the pitch in one game - not an excuse, just a fact. Now I must get on with some work :)

Keep you hair on! Just stating a fact which I think is relevant.....not saying it doesn't happen to other teams. All I know is that having watched the team for more years than I care to remember I don't recall the start to a season where game after game several first choice players are missing for different reasons. St.Austell have yet to get anything like their "best" 11 on the pitch in one game - not an excuse, just a fact. Now I must get on with some work :)

Of the games they have won, how many first choice players were missing then? Or is only worth mentioning when they come second!

Guest johnperryman777

Has Nancarrow been asked to step down at st austell and hodges is taking over - just a rumour but thought i would put it out there