Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay AFC

1. Newquay should go back to using local lads instead of getting players from outside the county local lads put there heart into there game like the Godolphin players do ,Newquay should get the Gs Jake Hartingan back for a start because hes not getting many games there .Godolphin get a goalscorer like Rikard from St Dennis who does Newquay get that bloke from Falmouth it proves the scouting system at the G is a lot better than at Newquay .Hope Newquay do well at St Blazey im sure they will to make up for that dismal performance vs Parkway

Bet these people are more cautious with their own monies than they are the football clubs they get involved in!!??? Why throw money at teams that wont win anything, understand if their challenging at least then its just about worth while!? These chairmen/commitee members must be insane to waste club funds on mid table outfits.

Guest johnperryman777

In Newquays defence they have tried to get local players but the money being paid by Godolppubteamin and St Austell to name but a few doesnt allow newquay to attract the better players that are more local to mountwise.

Bet these people are more cautious with their own monies than they are the football clubs they get involved in!!??? Why throw money at teams that wont win anything, understand if their challenging at least then its just about worth while!? These chairmen/commitee members must be insane to waste club funds on mid table outfits.

Silly statement this.

This is the reason people put money into teams to win things.

Why give the money to teams that will win things.

People giving money to teams that won't win evens up the league.

Look at the FA Premier League. People are being put off as it is down to the four or five teams every season contesting the Championship.

And this new rule out where you can only spend what you get in will make it worse. The richest clubs will get richer, attracting the better players whilst the rest will never be able to afford them now. That is why there should be a salery cap on players in the Premier League.

I believe to hear that the Plymouth lads are leaving Newquay to go back to elburton?. Is this true?.

All three played at Elburton Villa on Tuesday night... in Newquay colours.

Why does it bother folk what Newquay & Godolphin pay players in wages / expenses / bonuses / beer ? Go worry about your own clubs, both sides will only pay out what they can afford, they are run by business people, neither will risk the debts that some other clubs are happy to get themselves into.

The town is fortunate to have two SWPL Premier sides and a Combo side, there is nowhere else lucky enough in Cornwall to be able to match that in such a small area. Most of the Newquay supporters rate Falmouth & St Austell as our main rivals, that is a 100+ year history thing, Godolphin have added to the spice in recent seasons... it's all good !

I believe to hear that the Plymouth lads are leaving Newquay to go back to elburton?. Is this true?.

Why does it bother folk what Newquay & Godolphin pay players in wages / expenses / bonuses / beer ? Go worry about your own clubs, both sides will only pay out what they can afford, they are run by business people, neither will risk the debts that some other clubs are happy to get themselves into.

For the same reason that you harp on about Truro City. Enjoy your time in the Prem as you will be back down where you belong in div1 west soon enough!

Yum Yum, more fruitcakes !

Truro, not banged about them since you know who finally screwed every last penny possible out of the club... and I was right from day one, suck it.

Guess that LeedsUnited still hasn't found what he's looking for, a club of his own to care about.

Godolphin are a fine club with a very talented team and if they do get paid the deserve it for the way they go about playing the game the right way and im tipping them to win the league .This club is run the way a club is run the whole management team the commitee are a real credit and well done to them .I will be up there again this saturday where i will see a fine match i expect as usual i have seen them several times and been entertained every match i cant say that when i go up mt wise to see Newquay they are in a right old mess at the moment but if they stay up they can rebuild for next season and start with the defence its just so bad at the moment and i cannot see a good result against St Austell this friday just hope they put in more effort than they have been lately .So Good luck to Newquay the G dont need it they are just playing so well

We never did until last season it was a decision we made to give something back for the loyalty our players had shown to our club for years and before you ask every player receives the same amount as we don't believe one player is any more important than another hence were called a team

Thank you for that, and well said, and sensible. Best of luck from me.

Newquay will be fine,sure the results have not been good lately but given the small squad and the amount of injuries to key players any club would struggle.

The short term aim is to remain in the top league this season and then to build using a mixture of good local talent and experience.The current squad has at least 6 youngsters under the age of 19 who are all developing well under Alan Careys management he has been great with the youngsters and I am sure given time these lads will be part of a very good newquay team.