Cornwall Football Forum

FA Vase - Parkway V Gillingham Town

Saturday 19th October

A warm welcome awaits the Gills from Dorset for this FA Vase 1st round proper tie between

PLYMOUTH PARKWAY

V

GILLINGHAM TOWN

KO 1500

Bolitho Park, St Peters Rd

Manadon, PL5 3JG

50/50 draw and full colour programme

Hot and cold refreshments available from 1300

Adm. £4 adults and £2 concessions

Plymouth Parkway FC proudly sponsored by the MACRON STORE Plympton

http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Gillingham-Town-target-Wembley-visit-lift-FA-Vase/story-19934253-detail/story.html#!#ixzz2hnrjoruS

Read this online the other day....interesting reading.

This will be a real test for the Plymouth lads and by all accounts, with the way they dispatched Bridport and St Blazey in the last rounds, this has the making of a superb game...definately one to catch

Woof

I think Levi will show us what he has done all season .lots of movement,Lots of shots and plenty of closing down ,

I am glad it will be him and Ryan upfront Saturday.I can see this being a cracker,They wont come down to park the bus

like some other teams do and i can see Parkway rising to the occasion and putting on a top performance.

I'd rather have Levi playing for us than against us anyday,

But I do think this is his level and that's not a bad thing.

Hopefully his and Ryans goals and workrate will help us win something this season.

ps,Rocky its 22 games including friendlies

Parkway 2 Gillingham 0 ( HT 1-0 ) ( Gavin Coulton , Steve Colwell)

Upset at Bolitho Park as Parkway overcome the Western League leaders . Excellent first half that you couldn't look away from which could be categorised as Gillingham having the more of the play in which they looked particularly quick on the break , but with Parkway having the better chances with only smart saves from the Gills keeper Jamie Beale and last ditch blocks denying Sam Hillson (twice) and Levi Landricombe .

Both goals came either side of the half time break with Gavin Coulton steering the ball under the keeper for the opener , and Steve Colwell collecting Levi's mishit shot to round the keeper and roll it into the net . Gillingham had a lot of possession after going two down with Nick Compton and Jon Vance for Gillingham seeing a lot of the ball , but Parkway held their shape and almost nicked a goal on the break with the keeper denying Levi on another couple of occasions .

Big performances from Mike Landricombe and Gavin Coulton at the back today , and Dan Hart and Steve Colwell in midfield . Luke Rundle once again looked a big threat when he runs into space on the left , and Ryan Richards worked selflessly for the team and constantly put opposing defenders under pressure ,

Great performance by Parkway today, Everyone played well but

Michael Landricome and gavin Coulton at the back ,Danny Lewis and Steve Colwell

in midfield were magnificent and Levi and Ryan ran their socks off.

Well done boys,

As for players being good enough for this level and that level,I'm just glad they play for Parkway.

Great performance by Parkway today, Everyone played well but

Michael Landricome and gavin Coulton at the back ,Danny Lewis and Steve Colwell

in midfield were magnificent and Levi and Ryan ran their socks off.

Well done boys,

As for players being good enough for this level and that level,I'm just glad they play for Parkway.

I'm sure that you're excited cjh, and rightly so, but seven (almost) identical posts,is taking celebration too far, wipe a few our. Damn I've made it eight now!

Like I've said before, it's a completely different standard. Our "local talent" couldn't even handle making the step up to truros league which is only the southern league. They are all gradually dropping back down to south western league. Argyle would be even worse if they had Levi and carter up front. I think some people need to open there eyes and realise how great the fitness levels and quality of football actually is and jump out of the little Cornish bubble you all seem to be in

Carter definantly no because of fitness if they was goin to look lower they would look conference like that Paris Cowan hall they had who has remained in that league. there's no way on this earth they would look at Levi , He could play 3 steps higher but argyle standerd ? Nah

I no exactly what you mean but right now Argyle cant hit a barn door. They dont look scoring at all. If we had any kind off decent side id fully agree with the above but right now id risk someone a go just for a couple matches. It cant get any worse.