Cornwall Football Forum

The Perfect 10

Liskeard 0 Parkway 5 ( Adam Carter 2 , Steve Colwell , Ryan Richards, Gavin Coulton) ( HT 2-0 )

10 League games played , 10 wins after this comfortable victory against a Liskeard side that put in a lot of effort,showed a superb attitude and kept on trying to pass the ball .

Parkway move up to second place in the table , 2 points behind the leaders with 4 games in hand .

Not quite the Peninsula League record though , I have been informed that Wadebridge Town have achieved 11 games played , 11 games won in the Peninsula League Western Division .

Another good strong team performance last night.

Must give credit to MR.MQ and his young team as they kept going from start to finish and never gave up. ( hope the lad who got stretchered off towards the end of the match is ok ).

My man of the match was Steve Colwell ( closely followed by Gav Coulton )..

Big test for us against Gillingham on Saturday.

Cmon Parkway.

Thought it was a ok performance from Parkway ,I think they missed Levi's running upfront!!!!! ,Ryan Richards workrate was fantastic,

Will Stringer and Steve Colwell played very well but for me Gavin Coulton was the best player on the pitch.

Another good strong team performance last night.

Must give credit to MR.MQ and his young team as they kept going from start to finish and never gave up. ( hope the lad who got stretchered off towards the end of the match is ok ).

My man of the match was Steve Colwell ( closely followed by Gav Coulton )..

Big test for us against Gillingham on Saturday.

Cmon Parkway.

Thanks for the comments, we are trying to encorage work rate and discipline at the moment and feel that we are getting somewhere. The boys worked hard for a decent proportion of the game and as you pointed out they kept trying to play football. When we come up against a squad as strong as Parkway we will always struggle at the moment but are hoping to take the positives into the next game or training session.

Once again the boys reacted well to the challenge and the game was officiated in a high standard.

Ryan Lowton (injury in last ten minutes) seemed to have sustained some ligament damage but we are waiting for an accurate update so our best wishes go out to him for a speedy recovery, once again thanks for your comments and concerns.

As I said last night, good luck with your big game on Saturday and good luck for the rest of the season.

MQx

Parkway obviously had an eye on Saturdays game and rested a few players including danny lewis and mike landricombe. But it is a squad game and its good to see hillson and bonney getting an opportunity. As for the game square passes were mentionned ?? I think long balls and defenders carrying through midfield was more the case. Wecan adapt our play in many ways but when Lewis and Hart play together we are a different class. Lewis' s workrate and Harts coolness and accuracy of simple passing is the difference between a good team last season and a virtually unbeatable team this year. Added to that gavin coulton and levi up top and you've got the best 4 quid a game entertainment in the south west ! Roll on Saturday

Liskeard 0 Parkway 5 ( Adam Carter 2 , Steve Colwell , Ryan Richards, Gavin Coulton) ( HT 2-0 )

10 League games played , 10 wins after this comfortable victory against a Liskeard side that put in a lot of effort,showed a superb attitude and kept on trying to pass the ball .

Parkway move up to second place in the table , 2 points behind the leaders with 4 games in hand .

Not quite the Peninsula League record though , I have been informed that Wadebridge Town have achieved 11 games played , 11 games won in the Peninsula League Western Division .

I kept records of the Peninsula Premier for the first three seasons

and in 2009-10 Buckland Athletic recorded 15 straight league wins (during the season)

This was equalled later by Bodmin Town

Not sure of later seasons

With fixtures against Ivybridge-Bodmin- Witheridge due shortly it will be a good effort to pass the 15 game winning run