Cornwall Football Forum

Friday night football

Have seen Newquay three times recently, St Blazey 1 Newquay 1, Saltash 2 Newquay 0 and Elburton 2 Newquay 0. One point from three games is not a good return and I cannot see St Austell leaving Mount Wise without taking all three points.

Newquay are a very poor side, with little in attack.

Pity he's gone back to St Dennis then!

He didn't stay long then! Only one game!!

Why has he decided not to Join Newquay then

As soon as Lee transfered he realised he made a mistake, he will never enjoy his football anywhere other than St Dennis. He made a hasty decision and decided to transfer straight back to St Dennis.

He was clearly scared of derby day on boxing day...ha :P:thumbsup:

Not saying you are wrong Santini but Lee has been out at other clubs before. Not sure of his longest tenure ex St Dennis but guess it aint very long. Confused or homesick? Always thought he was a very intelligent player and person from comments on here. I was pleased he had signed, thought he was defo good enough and brought much needed qualities to the team. But we have to accept his decision even if seems hasty.

Good luck back at St Dennis, Lee

Hi baldy, I'd been out at other clubs yes, but not inside 7 years.

When I was 18 Newquay was the last club I played for full time, and once my dad took over at St Dennis I came straight to play under him and play with my little brother.

After Carl had moved to godolphin, and seeing how well he was doing at the club, I felt maybe I could try the same to see if I could start enjoying my football again at a different club, especially after some terrible results St Dennis had been having. So I moved to Newquay, the decision to leave St Dennis was unbelievably difficult and after losing to Holworthy I felt like it was something I had to do, even though I wasn't 100% sure.

Playing on Tuesday for Newquay, and St Dennis playing at Truro that night, I found myself wishing I was there at Truro, I hold my hands up I made a hasty decision leaving to join Newquay and maybe I didn't give it enough time at Newquay to see if my mind would change, but I love it at st Dennis, were not having the greatest season but I'd like, among other players to try and turn our season around. Big ask I no, and I no we will win some games and lose some games but I'm a st Dennis lad, it would have been wrong if me to walk away when it suddenly gets tough.

I apologise to any1 at Newquay who felt I wasted there time, it was never my intention.

Alan and clarky have been very understandable and I thanked them for that.

Good luck to Newquay I'm sure they will do fine this year.

As you are not officially a St Dennis player yet, you could still turn out for The Peppermints tonight, we know you'd do a good job, give us a farewell prezzie of a goal or two ?

All the best back at St Dennis, I'm sure the Saints lads will make you pay for your little excursion :drink: .

Yep, he's the ref.

Team news, too many injured to mention, some Ressies called up to the Squad, hoping that we can convince Lee Rickard to play as the transfer back to St Dennis has yet to go through, c'mon Ricks, you know you wanna show those Ozzel boys a thing or two !!!

If you bring your boots Outsider, you would probably get a game !

Feel for Penzance, they are a club with a long history, a lovely ground but as with all things, if you don't take the time, effort and cash to update the facilities, they will eventually fall down, fail or crumble away.

I can only comment from a Newquay perspective, the Mount Wise floodlights were replaced after 25 years constant use, they were beginning to be temperamental, perhaps 19 or 20 of the 24 lights would come on, there are very few electrical items, domestic or industrial that last anything like that length of time. Penzance, along with a lot of the old SWL sides installed lights during the 80's, prepare to see a few more fail in the near future.

Millbrook when in the SWL took their lights out of action after they failed some 6 or 7 years back, they eventually sold them to a Devon side. The costs of repairing can mount up, there are very few clubs with money to spare, even to cash match the grants available these days.

I hope that Penzance do get the lights turned back on in the very near future, it is always a pleasure visiting Penlee Park for a night game, the atmosphere is just a lot better than a cold, wet, miserable, winters afternoon, Best wishes to all at Penzance, looking forward to Saturday afternoon, any chance it will be sunny and warm ?

The current floodlights at Penzance were newly installed in June 2003 (couldn't believe it was that long ago) so they should be ok for a few more years yet! Unfortunately, the failed component which was upgraded following the Newquay game was apparently not the only problem - even though the lights were working when tested following the repair. Can only apologise to all those who had a wasted journey on both occasions

No night games for Pz ever???? Really soccer fan ? Are you a ref by any chance with stupid decisions like that?

Aren't you the stupid one with comments like that? ??