Cornwall Football Forum

Wind spoils the match - Godolphin v Elburton

Only winner today and that was the wind a draw was a fare result 0-0 the only real note was a brilliant save from the Gs goalie Sean semmens not many goalscoring shots of note for either side Elburton had there manager at least i think he was sent from the dugout who would want to be a linesman or a ref with the abuse they get .I would give the mom to No8 of Elburton today no real outstanding displays today the wind was the only winner today .

Off down the tavern for a few ales.not a good game at all.

Off down the tavern for a few ales.not a good game at all.

Bitter pugwash? I thought it was an excellent game to watch as a neutral!

Godolphin were super to watch on the ball and how they work it straight from their keeper is great to see. Dilley and the ginger haired fella on the left side looked particular impressive for me, as was Rickard up front.

Elburton probably deserved to win it for me though, they had several clear cut chances from Edwards carving down the left several but no-one to put it home. Strange because one of the Spears (not sure which one) is a brilliant player but he didnt make too much of an impact yesterday besides one or two worldy attempts.

All in all a really enjoyable afternoon at Godolphin. Nice little set up they have down there and a well kept pitch even if it looks hard work running up the slope.

For a 0-0 game, it wasn't a bad game to watch at all. Godolphin ok when they had the ball and Elburton very good when they didn't have the ball. If Godolphin are to be a top 6 team as a lot of their fans like to say, they need to beating teams like Elburton at home. Credit to Elburton who worked hard for the 90 minutes, having lost 3 of their class acts from last season who would all be hard to replace and can only think that the lad Rundle has gone to Newquay for money as they are border line dismal, thought they done well today and wish them all the best for the season.

A very good game and wouldn't normally respond, however, Godolphin are a decent team with excellent local support and should be around the top 1/3 end of season. One of the friendliest clubs in the league and any team should be well pleased if they manage take a point visiting them. All at Elburton wish Godolphin the very best for the season, thank you for your hospitality.

I can confirm Lewis Daw is now once again a Villa player.

Within my last post I mentioned about Godolphin's passing philosophy...

I have to admit I haven't seen it so practiced before within one game and it was refreshing to see...

It must take a lot of trust between management and players to play like that...

Certainly an away game we won't forget and look forward to Godolphin bringing their style of play to Haye Road in 2014!!!

Worry times ahead for nemesis. Although he is correct when he states about their youth policy being the best around. Good question 'iamfootie' why would he travel down to newquay each week....!!? I dont want to answer that because nemesis gets bitchy with me! Maybe he enjoys the drive?

He wouldn't travel down to Newquay each week,half of the games are away fixtures.