---------------------------------------------------------------

Elburton Villa 3 v 2 Liskeard Athletic

Scorers:

0-1 Steve Matthews (10min)

1-1 Aaron Spear (20min pen)

2-1 Ray Spear (40min)

2-2 Ben Waters (55min pen)

3-2 Aaron Spear (75min pen)

Both teams battled until the final whistle in windy, wet, soft conditions but fortune favoured the home team on the day.

Wadebridge 4-1 Illogan

Sam Waters scored for Illogan. Played with 10 men from 30 minutes when Kurt Long was shown a straight red for handball which led to Wadebridge making it 2-0 from the resulting penalty.

We battled well in the second half and missed a couple good chances before pulling one back.

All the best to Wadebridge.

Disapointing result for St Blazey today. With alot off the bottom clubs all playing each other or with good opponents 3 points would have made a huge difference. Sadly not to be. Our record against Withy is pretty shocking.

On the bright side I managed to watch Argyle win for the first time since Southend away last march I believe.

Disapointing result for St Blazey today. With alot off the bottom clubs all playing each other or with good opponents 3 points would have made a huge difference. Sadly not to be. Our record against Withy is pretty shocking.

On the bright side I managed to watch Argyle win for the first time since Southend away last march I believe.

Paul actually commented today about how poor Blazey home support was. It's a shame to see as this was one of the clubs that at home always had 100+ and brought 20 odd all the way up to Witheridge. Today's crowd was just over 60 with around 15 of those making the trip from North Devon. Only one familiar face who I noticed today (the older lady) and she said that to many supporters don't bother anymore. Such a shame as it's a lovely club. Come on Blazey followers your club needs you NOW not just when things are going good.

As for the game itself defeat was harsh on the hosts who after going a goal down within a minute bossed large periods of the first half. The second half belonged more to Withy and a draw would of been a fair result but as history seems to show if your up near the top results go your way but if your near the bottom they go against you. Good Luck to St Blazey for the season and we look forward the welcoming you to Edge Down Park in February.

First game ive missed home or away for several months. Sadly our crowds are really poor at the moment. I no we havnt won any silverware and struggled generally but why so many don't bother at all is a mystery. I think the club is going through a period where its been the right time to tighten the belt. The past couple years the club has held its own through a financially difficult time and money hasnt been thrown at the football side. Very sensible but not exciting for footballs glory supporters.

Away from home we never went anywhere with less than 40. In the past 4 years were struggling for 20. I think at Tavistock on Wednesday we had 16 although that wasnt bad on an awful evening.

I think quite a few clubs are really struggling for support. Not sure what the answer is. Hopefully ill see you next year NDD at Withy.

I'm not sure how much clubs really work to keep the supporters they have now though! An example from yesterday's game was that it had to be brought forward 15 minute because of a floodlight issue. However, was this officially relayed out to the public?

I picked it up via a tweet suggesting it "might" be brought forward 15 minutes, it was also suggested on this Forum that people should "perhaps" think about arriving earlier, however I never saw anything official. The fact the local weekly newspaper photographer didn't know it kicked off early leads me to think nothing went out officially. So if I was a wavering supporter arriving and realising I had missed the first 15 minutes, this might be enough to not bother next time!

I know it's not easy for clubs and the number of helpers off the pitch are dwindling and are not replaced, but no one can afford to lose support, but perhaps it's back to the basics for some of our clubs. It's not going to be easy as there is only a thin hard core of real supporters at all our clubs.

I agree completely Dave, since we made our club statement regarding our intentions about 3 weeks ago we have had a couple of former committee members interested, 5 new committee members, some donations of new kit, a couple of new linesmen and a few local businesses stating that they will be watching what happens over the next few months!

In reality it is not purely about money, we are starting a new pay scale for all players from December 1st and this will bring our overheads down to a manageble level.

We hope to continue to attract players for training and over the next 6 weeks we will be looking to put some improved performances together as a result of this.

Back to basics seems to be working at the moment!!

Watch this space.

MQx

There is no way that a ko time should be altered at short notice. I have suffered the same fate at Falmouth on evening games when the ko time is posted as 7.45 and it starts at 7.30. It is either one time or another, it cannot be both! Surely the league officials should look at these errors.

Surely this depends on the reason for a change in start time, and, in the case of faulty lighting systems how much warning of the problem that the Club has. Surely it is better, especially if poor weather is forecast, to agree to start fifteen minutes earlier, than to start on time in the full knowledge that the game risks abandonment in the closing stages.

Don't most supporters, particularly on a Saturday turn up before kick-off to pick up a program, draw ticket, cup of tea etc?

Tradition dictates games are 3.00pm Saturday or 7.30pm midweek, although there are now very few of the top level games that actually follow that due to TV. Perhaps in Winter, we could all agree that Saturdays kick off at 2.00pm regardless of what local League it is, if it can be so for Cornwall Senior Cup matches, then why not League games ?

As for notifying spectators at short notice, just what can a club do ? Post on the official club website, twitter, facebook and local forum seems to be fair enough. You can't phone them all up or pop round to their house and ask them to arrive a bit earlier. Papers printing deadlines are Tuesday in this part of the world, so how much more can the clubs do to let folk know of a potential issue that has arisen after Tuesdays ?

Tradition dictates games are 3.00pm Saturday or 7.30pm midweek, although there are now very few of the top level games that actually follow that due to TV. Perhaps in Winter, we could all agree that Saturdays kick off at 2.00pm regardless of what local League it is, if it can be so for Cornwall Senior Cup matches, then why not League games ?

I do agree Nemesis, floodlights are notoriously expensive to run as any club Treasurer will tell you, and in our case frequently does! It is not so much the length of time that they're on but in the cost of the initial ignition, both in power costs and bulb life. A two o'clock start, outside of British Summer Time would save clubs a considerable amount.

I do agree Nemesis, floodlights are notoriously expensive to run as any club Treasurer will tell you, and in our case frequently does! It is not so much the length of time that they're on but in the cost of the initial ignition, both in power costs and bulb life. A two o'clock start, outside of British Summer Time would save clubs a considerable amount.

People also do not realise that the standing charge for floodlights is a major expense - whether you use them or not. So its not just the running of them, people/clubs pursuing the glory of floodlighting - are in for an almighty shock when they get them.

I can hear them saying it now - HOW MUCH !!!!!!!!

Just saying that 3pm has been a standard ko time since the 1960s. I personally do not see any point in changing it. As I am working on Saturdays until at least 2pm I would never be able to make a 2pm ko. Could arrive at 2.30 but would I have to pay the full amount when I have missed 30 mins ?

I think that if you have lights you should use them. Some players/officials still work on a Saturday morning and find it a push to make an early kick off.. Next week Penryn (with lights) have a 215pm kick off,doesn't make sense.

So those clubs with lights should pay out £40/60 per match through Nov/Feb as an additional cost to those that don't !!!

Don't be daft, I've been to matches where the ref has asked for the lights to be on for the last 15 minutes. If that club didn't have them, he could not have asked, and just finished the game

Another Wobble from Godolphin get the chequebook out Derek

Ha, good one John,

As I pointed out to you previously, no cheque book available or required at Godolphin. Not the best of results on Saturday but we are currently in the top half of the table with games in hand on most of the teams above us, so we are more than happy with progress so far in our first season in the Premier. The players have very little or no experience at this level so they are doing themselves and the club proud, as always. Thanks for the advice but we will continue to keep faith with our own lads and let the others contend the "battle of the cheque books", cheers

Well said derek...it seems that apart from one maybe, the rest of the clubs with the big money are no where near the top when you look at their points coloum! As a manager yourself would you feel more guilt or embarresment spending loads of cash & not even mounting a challenge at the top like some others are doing at present? Keep up the good work, I personally think your doing a great job.

Another Wobble from Godolphin get the chequebook out Derek

I appreciate that this is a forum and free speech is a valued concept ......... but this johnperryman character takes the biscuit!

I'm pretty sure that he's not being ironic, just being himself ( ......insert relevant insult). Perhaps he should transfer his allegiance to WWF wrestling where his imagination might be more welcome.

Guest johnperryman777

fool on the hill , what are you going on about? I cant see any problems with my posts on here I am just a football fan thats interested to find out the truth there is so much rubbish on this site.

I am a st austell fan and all the rubbish that we get on here i think iam entilet to give a bit back. If you cant handle the banter then dont repky

fool on the hill , what are you going on about? I cant see any problems with my posts on here I am just a football fan thats interested to find out the truth there is so much rubbish on this site.

I am a st austell fan and all the rubbish that we get on here i think iam entilet to give a bit back. If you cant handle the banter then dont repky

Yet another contributor who doesn't review his message before posting it. I know how difficult it is to type on a tiny smartphone keyboard, but please check what you've written before you post.

Unless you're dyslexic or functionally illiterate, in which case I apologise.

I

Yet another contributor who doesn't review his message before posting it. I know how difficult it is to type on a tiny smartphone keyboard, but please check what you've written before you post.

Unless you're dyslexic or functionally illiterate, in which case I apologise.

I find his postings quite understandable but not his support of Town!

Guest johnperryman777

Thank you chairman. As for supporting town i am one of the original supporters that has been through the dark days and now the good days not like the rest of them that dissapeard during the dark times

If you are interested in finding out the truth why not ask relevant questions rather than posting fishing/trolling comments? I have to agree with you though you are certainly giving a bit of rubbish back, 46 posts worth to be exact.

Congratulations on being one of St Austells original fans, if that's you in your avatar, you are looking good on it, must be easy paper rounds over Ozzell way.

Yours in banter, etc etc

Guest johnperryman777

sharky welcome to the forum and thank you for your kind words i havent got a clue what you are going on about but thanks anyway. believe me though i havent posted half amount of stuff on hear that i would like because still waiting for a bit more information form my sources.

Play on words from Perryman, its really his 60s/70s Tottenham partner Pratt on Newquays committee.

Newquay AFC have Don Pratt who played for Oxford Utd in the 60's, not a forum user as far as I'm aware. The only Spurs fan we have is young Tom Howe, who needs a little education.