Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway v Bodmin this Saturday - predictions please.

Personally I can't see Bodmin being beaten the way the are playing and the clever recruiting they have done recently. I will predict a draw. The 2v2 already mentioned could be on the money but will stick my neck out and go 2v3

May nip up and watch me thinks

p.s. Good to see Danny O,Hagan back playing as I thought he had an ankle injury that had forced him to give up

Not sure about the score as not seen either team play yet, but this has a draw written all over it..what might be more interesting to watch will be the antics of the two biggest ,Gilbert and Hillson going head to head...who will be the first to kick off ??

I have seen somewhere that Mr Gilbert has a 4 match ban

Not sure about the score as not seen either team play yet, but this has a draw written all over it..what might be more interesting to watch will be the antics of the two biggest ,Gilbert and Hillson going head to head...who will be the first to kick off ??

I have seen somewhere that Mr Gilbert has a 4 match ban

Has Hillson had any bans the language from their dugout is disgraceful but nothing is ever done to them

Guest johnperryman777

based on the result against st austell it would be easy to predict a bodmin win but i am going to go with a parkway win. st austell if they took there chances could of easliy won on friday so with parkways firepower they will win

Guest johnperryman777

Leedsunited. Bodmn had 4 chances and scored 4 goals st austell had 10 chances and scored 1 just saying parkway get 10 chances they will score over half

Taken from today’s thisisdevon:

“In the South West Peninsula League’s match of the season so far, Premier Division leaders Bodmin face a Parkway side who have won all ten of their league games.

Bodmin have a four-point lead over Parkway, who have six games in hand. Gilbert said: “We’re not going to be setting our team up for a draw, that’s for certain. We’ll go all guns blazing and see where it gets us. Parkway have made a great start to the season but somebody’s got to beat them,” the Bodmin manager added.”

Parkway win for me they are very strong & very settled, Bodmin have dropped 14 pts so far this season so Parkway have to lose 5 games & Bodmin not another point if they are to win the league. That's without Exmouth being in a better position at present, taking nothing at all away from Bodmin who are more than capable of winning this fixture. But as for the league winners, Parkway by quite a big points margin, at least 15.(my opinion)

Cheers Best, I'm very happy with our recent form/performances. As for Top 4 there's a long way to go but we have ourselves dropped a lot of early pts making it a lot more difficult & for that to be realistic we would need our decent form to continue for a lot longer.

It will be a competitive game and I am sure a very physical game. For me its a Parkway win but everyone wrote of Bodmins chances in the Charity Bowl game and I know it was won on penalties but know one gave them a hope over 90 minutes either. Darren Gilbert is very experienced and although Wayne Hillson deserves credit for building what looks to be a very strong all-round squad, Gilbert can never be written off and will have his boys fired up for this one. Was at Truro last week and wondered weather there was any truth in the rumours that both Bideford and Tiverton were looking to make approaches for Colwell and Coulton?????? Would be surprised if they went as although they have a lot of ability and class at this level, that's a big step up but good money is sometimes hard to turn down!!!! Looking forward to the game tomorrow and an exciting one at that!!!!!

HomeWaters , Sir Francis Drake , Robert falcon Scott , Michael Foot , Tom Daley , your boys took one hell of a beating.

Wondered when you would pop up - if you think you know me, then you would also know I never use this site for commenting on any match played by any club, players, or match officials from this area. Only used for general arguments, rules, laws of the game.

I leave the match reports to Sports Writers like Uncle Albert and Beaker, who seem to want to keep changing their signature for some reason, then a new signature appears and they cannot resist old habits.

Still along way to go, still parkways to lose. I to thought steve colwell was the best player on the park, along with 'big' kev in goal! The guy never seems to age! Pitch took a battering, credit to parkway ground staff because it was immaculate at 1.30pm

Hear , hear . Full credit to Garry Turner , Simon Hambly and the rest of the team .