Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL FIXTURES FOR Saturday 9th November

ECPL FIXTURES FOR Saturday 9th November
Rowett Insurance League Cup First Round
Bere Alston United 4 Polperro 1
Premier Division
Callington Town 3 Tavistock 1
Elburton Villa v Wadebridge Town (Postponed)
Millbrook 9 Liskeard Athletic 0
Morwenstow v Launceston (Postponed)
Saltash United 3 Torpoint Athletic 0
St Dominick 1 Kilkhampton 1
Division One
Bodmin Town 3 Lanreath 6
Edgcumbe 11 Holsowrthy 1
Fowey United 2 Mevagissey 2
Nanpean Rovers 1 St Austell 6
Probus 2 Plymstock United 3
Roche v St Blazey (Postponed)

Just back from seeing Callington Town beat Tavistock 3-1....

Two pens to Callington in the first 20 mins ( second saw a great save from the impressive young Tavistock keeper), Tavistock then completely lost their discipline for 10 mins, one sent off - could easily have been more.

Two goals from Phil Burgoyne for the home team in the second half

Tavistock's cause not helped at all by the constant abusive and foul language from two or three in the Tavistock dugout towards the referee from the first to the last minute, questioning every decision against them - very, very poor - how the young referee put up with it I don't know. Need to have a long hard look at themselves....

Perfect example of why referees will not take up the whiste

i was the referee for the millbrook v liskeard game

got to say millbrook played some good football today and the movement on and off the ball was good to see

also will add liskeard were not that poor to be honest just giving the ball away far too easy

the difference was the first half 3 good goals scored by millbrook.

second half was all millbrook and some sloopy defending by liskeard

wouid like to say no cards shown today both set of players were a credit to there teams :thumbsup:

anyone at the game care to comment :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Two pens to Callington in the first 20 mins ( second saw a great save from the impressive young Tavistock keeper), Tavistock then completely lost their discipline for 10 mins, one sent off - could easily have been more.

Tavistock's cause not helped at all by the constant abusive and foul language from two or three in the Tavistock dugout towards the referee from the first to the last minute, questioning every decision against them - very, very poor - how the young referee put up with it I don't know. Need to have a long hard look at themselves....

I think you've also forgotten in your report Jeff that one of the Callington subs was very, very lucky that the ref didn't see the elbows that were thrown at the Tavistock forward & that one of the Callington defenders could have seen at least one yellow if not two for the persistent fouling in the first half

I think you've also forgotten in your report Jeff that one of the Callington subs was very, very lucky that the ref didn't see the elbows that were thrown at the Tavistock forward & that one of the Callington defenders could have seen at least one yellow if not two for the persistent fouling in the first half

We all see a different game, regardless I don't think the referee should have to put up with the treatment he got from the Tavistock dugout

We all see a different game, regardless I don't think the referee should have to put up with the treatment he got from the Tavistock dugout

I agree, referees shouldn't have to put up with the abuse that he got today, but I think he must of dealt with the main culprit at half time, because I noticed he was stood up on the bank in the second half, most of the the abuse he got in second half ( which still isn't right ) was from some of the spectators stood on that side of the pitch, but as for the elbow, like you said Jeff we all see the game in different ways

From what I was told CB5 you should have been of in the 1st half for your persistant fouling,but nice to hear a few of your 1st team got a run out today,and an elbow not meant how does that work ??,and I hear it was your dugout and fans that got the young lad sent of as well as you all screamed like girls,you guys must have been running scared of Tavistock.

got to say millbrook played some good football today and the movement on and off the ball was good to see

also will add liskeard were not that poor to be honest just giving the ball away far too easy

wouid like to say no cards shown today both set of players were a credit to there teams :thumbsup:

Good to see no cards. How often does that happen do you reckon?

Can't argue the fact that we as a team should have tried to curb our language toward the referree but when he continually is getting basic decisions wrong it's very difficult. It was never a penalty for the 1st one, I clearly took the ball. No argument with the 2nd pen. The ref continually let callington players foul & took no action. CB5 you had 3/4 fouls in the 1st half & then cleaned out jack crago in the 2nd half (no card). 100% a naughty elbow in the 2nd half from a callington player. I also agree we lost our discipline but thought come the 2nd half and at 1-1 put up a good fight but ran out of steam letting Callington score 2 more goals. Playing for 75mins with 10 men is really hard, especially on old legs like mine. Proud of the Tavistock youngsters today. Well done to Callington who took the 3 points today. Pity we didn't have a stronger more experienced ref to control the game.

Well done bigfella for coming on here and giving Tavistocks point of view,obviously CB5,s view and the other idiot s would be totally different,if things had gone against them,how many 1st teamers did they have in today??and did they bring any other 1st teamers in from another side,remember this is a team who complained about Camelford doing it last season ??

Good to see no cards. How often does that happen do you reckon?

No cards are more likely to happen when you've got a ref with good game management and good communication skills. Communication skills start with the prelims. i.e. talking to the various club officials and setting the tone for a pleasant afternoon.

Martn Smith has these skills in abundance and is always on top of the game no matter what the issue and that his why his games run smoothly.

A fine example to others.

Thought callington deserved 3 points on the day! As CB5 said, Tavi could easily have been down to 8 in the first half and was luck himself not to be booked. Speaking to the lad after the game Langton did not throw an elbow with intent (knowing the lad he's all arms anyway) but he's obviously caught him and if the ref sees it, could well have been inturpreted in a different way.

Tavi keeper kept it at 1-1 as long as he could and looks a great young lad. calli keeper only really picked the ball out the net from the pen and made 1 decent save in the last few minutes, other than that untroubled.

Fair result on reflection but could have been different 11 v 11!!

FOWEY V MEVAGISSEY

Great local "Fishermans Derby" that was a credit to the league played on a first class playing surface. Both teams just playing football and again NO CARDS

I thought you'd retired Al!

Sorry to dissapoint! but missed it and back again. Got rid of my injury and rearing to go. (Went outside the centre circle once yesterday but got dizzy!)

St Dom 1 v 1 kilk

Even game with both sides playing well and both defences looking good and solid . Ref was a bit bad for both teams gave fouls which weren't and didn't give ones that were blatant .

On the whole a point a piece a fair result ,

Something for us to build on after recent results .

Finally had a great spirit from all the boys .

Kilk will cause a lot of teams problems and have some good talent in there squad

FOWEY V MEVAGISSEY

Great local "Fishermans Derby" that was a credit to the league played on a first class playing surface. Both teams just playing football and again NO CARDS

I thought you'd retired Al!

Sorry to dissapoint! but missed it and back again. Got rid of my injury and rearing to go. (Went outside the centre circle once yesterday but got dizzy!)

Not disappointed Al, glad to hear it that youv'e got back into the saddle! Keep it up mate!

Find your report very interesting Jeff, no mention of Andre's two footed tackle in the first five minutes no mention of Ben trying to elbow Jack Crago three times. What does surprise me as well was the fact you didn't mention the swearing and baying from the Callington bench and spectator's to get Cookie sent off for his lunge, the ref did tell him he was unlucky as on another day it would have been a yellow but because of the pressure he was getting from you lot he had to show a red.

So shame on you lot Phil for putting a young ref under that much pressure, i suggest you go and have a hard look at yourself mate. I suggest you put your rose tainted glasses away carefully in a case because if you just put them in your pocket you might break them. Will talk to you later Mr Brown.