Cornwall Football Forum

PARKWAY v BODMIN ...... GAME IS ON.

There appeared to be a fair amount of people confident that Bodmin's dominance had come to an end prior to today's game. They may still be right but its nice to see the 'old guard' hit back today and send a warning sign out to all at Parkway. Still Parkways to throw away of course but the next few games and weeks will be followed closely at the top of the SWPL. I personally still fancy the experience of Bodmin to play a massive part in the outcome of this season.

There appeared to be a fair amount of people confident that Bodmin's dominance had come to an end prior to today's game. They may still be right but its nice to see the 'old guard' hit back today and send a warning sign out to all at Parkway. Still Parkways to throw away of course but the next few games and weeks will be followed closely at the top of the SWPL. I personally still fancy the experience of Bodmin to play a massive part in the outcome of this season.

Wow, you "fancy Bodmin to play a massive part in the outcome". You are such a judge Laffs !! Full credit to Bodmin Town on a fantastic result which shows they are not going to relinquish their title without a fight, game on !

Disappointed with the result yesterday. Thought a draw would have been fair. Parkway missed a few good chances. Not much between the two teams on the day. Miller made a couple of excellent saves . Not sure about Mike Landricome at right wing back ? Probably due to our 3 other right wing backs unavailable.

A very fast paced scrappy game where both teams gave 100%. Surprised that all 22 players stayed on the pitch. Lee Doel looked like he had been mud wrestling by the end of the game. He was knocked around all over the park. Nice to see you back at Bolitho mate.

My Parkway man of the match was Steve Collwell.

No sour grapes from me , it is what it is. Looking forward to the FA Vase next Saturday.

Unlucky lads , cmon Parkway

A very competitive game as you would expect from two quality teams, but a special mention for the third team, the officials, especially referee Lee Roberts who controlled the game superbly. He let the game flow whenever possible made no contraversial decisions to affect the result which was always going to be tight. He is probably the best in the league at the moment and is at a level that the others should aspire to.

Guest johnperryman777

Leeds united I diasgree with you comments about parkway and bodmin being by far the best in the league st austell will finish above Bodmin this season

Lafs a lot of talk about Bodmin's dominance ending included their own supporters. After we beat them on the opening day of the season there was a lot of Bodmin people who had believed this summers bs about the demise of of the club going on about that's it we won't win the league this year we will be lucky to finish in the top ten. We thought Jesus after only 1 game your writing them off great support you lot are. Bodmin are a class team with class players and will be right in the mix of it come the end of the season.

Ok, johnperryman, we all have opinions, but I'm sure there are many supporters & users of this site that if honest that would agree with me that the best two teams in this league are parkway & bodmin!! Saltash, st.austell etc are good sides but as results have shown not up to the standard of parkway or bodmin. Bodmin 4-1 st.austell.

Have to agree a draw would have been a fair result but I said never right Bodmin and Darren Gilbert off and they proved it once again. Thought the Parkway manager was guilty of trying to accommodate players as playing a central defender as a right wing back was a poor decision, could Paul Heveran have played there as he is used to that role??? Still think Parkway have it to lose but with winter on the doorstep and the heavy and poor pitches coming into play more, I just feel Bodmin's players might adapt better to the conditions. As for St Austell finishing higher than Bodmin, already 8 points behind, not yet in the top 6 and two very good teams behind you with 2 and 3 games in hand, it isn't looking too good. Should be doing better with the money that has been spent down there!!!!!

I would like to say thank you to the Parkway Management for playing Mike L and the wing, leaving Levi on the bench until the last ten. and leaving the clearly injured left back on the pitch so wrighty could run through.

Great Game, tough but superb game to watch. Wrighty's goal was outstanding nothing the Parkway keeper could do about that.

but I think Parkway will lose a few more after making those decisions, Bodmin to bring home the Trophy... C'Mon boys