Cornwall Football Forum

Ivybridge Town FC

Nicky Marker and Mark Berry has done a superb job with this side . Apart from one or two additions , it's the same group as last season . A big signing for them has been Andrew Neal , he's a player that my Parkway colleague , The Bald One , has had down as someone to watch since his DJM days . He is a natural finisher who will score goals in any team , Ivybridge will do well to keep hold of him .

Have not seen them play yet this season , so I cannot really judge if they are genuine contenders or not , but they did have a similar opening few months of the season last time around , but faded badly over the second part of the campaign . A big factor may well be how the notoriusly waterlogging prone Erme Valley pitch holds up .

Not sure about the middle two but certainly the lads Neal and Hart are having an impact in this league. The lad Neal has impressed me whenever I have seen him this year, his work rate for me is the eye catcher and the lad Hart is one of the best I have seen on the ball, his weight and quality of pass is very good. Have seen Ivybridge twice in Cornwall this year and on both times they have impressed. With someone like Nicky Marker there with his experience, combined with Mark Berry with his class and knowledge over the years in this league, its looking like a recipe for success. Good luck to Ivybridge for the rest of the season.

Will Ivybridge or any other leading clubs be making provisional application for Western League next season?Is December 31st the deadline?

Personally, I feel that Ivybridge need to have a few seasons producing these results before they consider being a Western League team, the last few seasons have seen them finish bottom half of the league. If they can keep this seasons results going and then keep their players for next season maybe in the future, that should be every teams ambition, but, as we have know that's not the case.

Will Ivybridge or any other leading clubs be making provisional application for Western League next season?

Is December 31st the deadline?

Interesting question Mike , I am not sure what Parkway's intentions are for next season , would like to say " going up as Champions " There is still a lot of football to be played before any titles can be handed out , and I am certainly not party to what the clubs financial position is . I guess this second point will be the deciding factor .