Cornwall Football Forum

St Austell v Parkway Saturday November 30th

St Austell 2 Parkway 4

I thought that St Austell played really well and were unlucky to lose. Unfortunately missed chances & 2 bad defensive errors from Parkway's counter attacks cost us. Excellent debut by Carl Rickard scoring both goals, well done Carl I'm sure you'll score plenty more against less strong and less well organised defences. Good attendance - 165.

Superb away victory at a place that has not been a happy hunting ground in past years . We showed great resilience when we were under the cosh in the first half , and then had the quality to take our opportunities when they came . Ben Elphick made a couple of brilliant saves at vital times , our back three of Michael Landricombe , Gavin Coulton and Will Stringer held firm but man of the match has to be Levi Landricombe . He was superb today , took his three goals brilliantly , set the other up for Adam Carter and his pace and movement stretched St Austell all afternoon ,as well as being on receiving end of some tough challenges .

A game of two halves really. Poor first half with parkway quite fortunate to lead at half time. The pitch favoured the home side and parkways midfield struggled to play any flowing football. The second half was much improved with hart, and lewis opening up the midfield and creating many opportunities for landricombe and carter. A close game with the favourites just shading things in each zone of the pitch.

Guest johnperryman777

Watched the game and thought st austell were the better side for majority of the game but possession doesn't win matches, goals do. was impressed with the new management teams enthusiasm. onwards and upwards the league title is bveyond us now but heres to a good senior cup run

Great game to watch!! In my opinion, a fair result would have been a draw, but that's the way it goes and Parkway put away their few chances very well. Rickard for St Austell looked bright on his re-debut for the club scoring two tidy finishes. MOM would be either St Austell's no.8 or Parkway's No.11 (I think) with the hat-trick.

Early doors but I think Parkway will continue to win and are definitely the firm favourites for the league. St Austell will be up there and I will be surprised if their not in the Top 5 finish.