Cornwall Football Forum

Boxing Day

I have a 420 mile return trip to look forward to, following Truro City at Bideford, the weather forecasters on our TV are doom and gloom, if you west country residents get what they forecast I would be surprised if there is any football west of Bristol.

It could be leave home and hope for the best.

Have a good Christmas everyone and the seasons greetings to football followers everywhere.

I have a 420 mile return trip to look forward to, following Truro City at Bideford, the weather forecasters on our TV are doom and gloom, if you west country residents get what they forecast I would be surprised if there is any football west of Bristol.

It could be leave home and hope for the best.

Have a good Christmas everyone and the seasons greetings to football followers everywhere.

Same to you bud.

SWPL Division One (West)

Holsworthy v Bude Town

First ever derby game in the SWPL between the two local rivals from each side of the border.

Decent crowd expected, with both teams hoping to put their indifferent start to the season behind them and claim the local bragging rites until the two sides meet again at Easter.....Sure to be an exciting afternoon.....Weather permitting!!

See your point big al, but with the rain thats fallen again today & with rain this evening & heavy showers tomorrow it makes sense for early cancellations so people can amend their plans early & players maybe indulge abit more on xmas day! What I mean is If pitches are sodden with more rain to follow early postponements at this time of year only might be acceptable!

Can we not switch it to our place if off at yours? Coach kt. local derby boxing day and a big crowd expected especially with all cancelations?? Would be on here

Game is OFF mate....Took them all this time to make a decision that could have probably been made hours ago....Had to find out via SWPL website first!!

Bodmin 0-1 Camelford.

This was much more comfortable for The Camels than the scoreline suggests against a lack lustre Bodmin, Camels missed three chances when one on one with the keeper. Camels keeper made a couple of good saves in the first half but other than that Josh Colwill had a quiet morning. Camels were superior in every department solid at the back dominant in the middle and dangerous up top. This was the worst I have seen Bodmin play for many years and they got exactly what they deserved.

Godolphin 1 - 1 Newquay.

Such a shame that a weak, indecisive referee changed the outcome of this game.

2 blatant penalties, neither given. The first one a player was kicked in the face when just about to head the ball into an open net. Referee gave a drop ball outside the box!!!???!! Bottled it.

2nd one, in the last few minutes, striker goes down after twisting the defender inside out, referee gives a freekicks outside the box. Bottled it.

He also let a few flying elbows from Newquay go unpunished. In fact he saw one in the first half, blatant elbow in the face, and was man enough to give a freekick, but then bottled doing anything about it. Last time I checked, an elbow to the face is a red card.

Equally as embarrassing was a few Newquay players celebrating a draw at the final whistle, as though they had won the cup final. A team with their budget and facilities, celebrating a draw at their biggest rivals - embarrassing.

I've got no axe to grind either way re G v Newquay but unless you moved positions there was no way you could see both penalty shouts. The one late in the 2nd half looked on the line to me, although as Lowry pointed out the divot was inside. Bottled it or gave it as he saw it?

I didn't see any Newquay players celebrating but a few of their fans certainly did at the end of the game, and their calls to 'keep it in the corner' with at least 10 minutes to go made me smile.

Not a great game to be fair, G never really seemed to get going, if they had the result would have been different, credit to Newquay to being quite well organised. They have the lad Bray-Evans to thank, he played well and made a crucial goal-stopper.

Went to watch Bodmin Camelford. Well done to Camelford, wasn't expecting this result. But to be fair Camelford deserved it. Their keeper had to make a couple of good saves in the first half but apart from that had a fairly quiet 2nd half. Camelford took the game to bodmin in the second half and created several good chances before they eventually got one past Miller. Bodmin huffed and puffed but were very flat and predictable at the other end. Don't know if they had players out but didn't look like a team that are in the top 4 of the premier division.

If you want a pat on the back why don't you just say so.

It's just that I didn't see a single post on the forum praising the state of the pitch.

you involved at Godophin I guess by your names?

You're wrong Trombone Terry, she did receive one from Nemesis on another post. 'Great surface' it read.

You don't see many chairladies of football clubs in Cornwall preparing pitches in the Peninsula League. I am sure Tania was not looking for a 'pat on the back' she received many of them at the match, including numerous ones from the Newquay contingent who thought she had done a brilliant job.

Why can't people just give credit where credit is due?