Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash United v Plymouth Parkway 30/12/2013 7.30pm

Just hoping the weather is kind and allows this match to take place, but the prospects are not looking too good.

Thought the pitch held up very well on Boxing Day, which is mainly due to the hard work put in by the groundstaff at Saltash United.

"The ashes" are on a good run at the moment and could pose a threat to the Plymouth Parkway record.

The game is off :SM_carton: -It seems these days - more obvious than it used to be - that people are guessing that pitches will be out - the pitch at this point in time surely cannot be out. I appreciate that heavy rain is due - so is a blustery wind on Monday - no one has to travel - have a look tomorrow afternoon. I also understand that people have to look at it, work on it, get programmes, food etc. But it used to be the same before, the easy option happens too much now - depending on whom you are playing and what players you have - probably unfair that - but it does cross peoples minds :wacko:

The game is off :SM_carton: -It seems these days - more obvious than it used to be - that people are guessing that pitches will be out - the pitch at this point in time surely cannot be out. I appreciate that heavy rain is due - so is a blustery wind on Monday - no one has to travel - have a look tomorrow afternoon. I also understand that people have to look at it, work on it, get programmes, food etc. But it used to be the same before, the easy option happens too much now - depending on whom you are playing and what players you have - probably unfair that - but it does cross peoples minds :wacko:

Well, I was going to watch this one, so an early shout has stopped me doing a 130 mile round trip. Thank you Saltash from me :thumbsup:

I'm not sure why you seem so bitter about this postponement HOME WATERS. The weather forecast for the next 24 is not good, so why cause severe damage to the pitch. If the game was scheduled for Bolitho Park tomorrow night and was postponed today,I would just get on with life and look forward to the next fixture.

thank you to this site for informing me of the postponement of tonight's fixture. I checked the club website to find no mention of the postponement there. I had a 90 minute train ride and wouldn't have got home till 12.30, thankfully you saved me that. COME ON CLUBS KEEP THE FANS INFORMED, UPDATE YOUR WEBSITES!!

Best place to look is the CSWPL website which is always right up to date on fixtures & postponements.

The postponement of the Saltash vs Parkway game was announced on that site at 5.05pm Sunday.

http://www.swpleague.co.uk/swpforum/viewtopic.php?t=5231